Dental Hygiene licensure in Florida. Help needed. Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaaaksam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone....Please help...............!!!!
I am a foreign trained dentist.
I applied for DH license in FL, cleared all the exams and now board is asking for "Health professional licensure report" from ECE.
ECE in turn has a requirement to obtain a certification from my University regarding how many hours spent on several subjects (they sent me the list)
Tried to explain that subjects like Prophylaxis, Special patient care, etc. are incorporated into study of Dentistry, but no one listens....(((

Has anyone had to go through this? Its really devastating to be the victim of this bureaucracy.....
Any advises will be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hey.. I think you should probably contact your dental school principal or head because they would know better and can provide you the certificates which ece is asking for. May be some other student had done so. Good luck!!

Hi I have a doubt even I also wanna apply for DH exam in FL. After I clear the licensure exams what visa status do I need because I'm also a foreign trained dentist and I'm on tourist visa. Pls any kind of information is helpful pls respond .

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi fadental. I am not 100 % sure but I think this option is only available for permanent residents or citizens. I may be wrong ( actually I wish I am wrong)
Check with Florida Board of Dentistry. Write them an email. They are not very precise in responding but they will within few days.
Best of luck.

hi,

I need to buy books for dental hygiene board exams.. can anyone suggest a site to buy?