Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichWi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
edit

Last edited:
I'd be willing to wager the ITE score did not contribute to the decision to terminate your contract, this is almost certainly behavioral. Were you warned at all or on probation for unprofessional behavior? Be honest with yourself on this, it is easy to be in denial over this but it is vital to see what the critical issue is and address it ASAP.

edit

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
edit

Last edited:
You need a lawyer, asap. It doesnt matter what you have been accussed of doing, not doing, or what they tell you that you have failed. Its he said/she said.

Time is ticking on your ability to appeal. Beyond a certain point (Which can be anywhere from 5-30 days, but dont quote me on this) you will have ZERO rights.

You can contact ACGME student services if you have questions as well, but you will need a lawyer to lead your appeal anyways. ACGME will not represent you.

Dont waste your time with HR either, they have already been involved in the decision to terminate you and they are on board.

Email address: [email protected]

Last edited:
Not much more to my story aside from my score the year before that was 6% and I've been diciplined numerous times for parking violations and being late.

This is just as shocking to me as it is to the other residents.
Why would it be shocking after numerous disciplinary actions?

I'm sorry that this is a big consequence but it can't really be surprising

OP, dont waste your time with negativity in this thread, realize the time is ticking on your rights. Get a lawyer and get to work. Good luck.

Also, you would be wise to keep your mouth shut about details involved in your matter. Anything you say can and will be used against you, including on SDN if they can identify you.

If you already don't have a lawyer, you can start your search by typing "ACGME lawyer" into google, or "medical resident lawyer," and go from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Agreed.

Delete this thread, lawyer up, stop talking to your co-residents about it.

Yeah. I agree. This thread cannot help you. You need a lawyer who can help you understand your position better.