Dedicated: Keep doing Bros or Complete another Qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfguy84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've spent the last 5 months going through all of Bros. I'm on pure review mode now...all in, it probably takes 2-2.5 hours a day. It seems kind of mindless, but I did take 5-6 days off and I totally forgot a lot of cards.

My question is, would it make more sense to use this 2-2.5 hours for a different Qbank?

I've already made one pass of UW and will make another pass during dedicated. If I could add another bank that'll be like another 2k questions to get through. What do you think is best at this point? Exams are in late june.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing questions is active studying. Doing flash cards is passive studying.

Active studying > passive studying

I thought Rx was excellent at hammering down FA minutiae. It's still inferior to UW. You could probably do RX for a couple weeks then switch back to UW and do that for the couple weeks leading to your test. Also do all NBMEs. UW and NBME should be the last taste in your mouth before you take the test.

Reactions: 2 users
Be sure to tell us Plebs whether there is a secret section to Step 1 after you get a 280.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doing questions is active studying. Doing flash cards is passive studying.

Active studying > passive studying

I thought Rx was excellent at hammering down FA minutiae. It's still inferior to UW. You could probably do RX for a couple weeks then switch back to UW and do that for the couple weeks leading to your test. Also do all NBMEs. UW and NBME should be the last taste in your mouth before you take the test.
Flashcards are active learning because you are recalling. Passive learning is like watching pathoma or sketchy. I think mixing some passive into your active is important to keep from burnout.

Reactions: 3 users