Decision - US Vet moving to Australia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm a 2yr graduate from the states but I have always wanted to move to Australia. I finally got an interview with a company willing to sponsor the Visa to work in Australia. I've never made a big move like this but my heart says go for it and my brain says it's impossible with our student loans. Anyone in a similar situation or who has made the move or vice versa have any advice? It's a huge decision. I keep telling myself while I'm still new and have no attachments I should try a year there (keeping my license in the states active the entire time should I choose to come back) as I've always wanted to and regretted not doing this right after graduation. It seems like its expensive to live there compared to the states but would it be worth it for just 1 year? I am ready to sell everything and go because my heart says so but... I'm also usually a scaredy-cat haha. Would I be making a huge mistake if I chose not to go? I may never get another chance like this. But then again am I crazy to do so because I might have to live very frugal for that one year? Any advice, insight, or tips would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you. It's such a huge decision. :O

Members don't see this ad.

For what it's worth, I vote you do it. Sounds like the adventure of a life time!
Thanks for your input!!! Yeah I really really really want to. It's such terrible timing though too. I just got a very good offer in the states right where I live too (which I do like where I live but... I've always wanted to live in Australia at least for 1 yr but if I love it I'd stay there of course). Ugh... They need a decision next sunday and obviously australia will take a while (they did not give me an offer per-say yet but the phone interview went well I think. She wants to call me again this week and talk about it more).