Program-Specific Info / Q's Davenport University Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes but ask to speak to Alisa Finkle!

Members don't see this ad.

Have they sent out any rejections, or are they doing everything at once? Last time I called they told me end of the month instead of middle:

From my understanding, rejections haven't gone out yet either

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so! Let me know if you find out any other useful info please

"All applicants will hear by the end of the month. I am sorry to say that is the most I can say at this point. Best of luck as we still have seats available. " That's what she told me...

Reactions: 2 users
"All applicants will hear by the end of the month. I am sorry to say that is the most I can say at this point. Best of luck as we still have seats available. " That's what she told me...
I was told the same thing this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Do any of you know how many people they take? Like others have said this is the last school I am waiting to hear back from and really hoping for some good news!

Do any of you know how many people they take? Like others have said this is the last school I am waiting to hear back from and really hoping for some good news!

Originally I was told 26 but last week the admission adviser for the OT dept said 28. Not sure if they decided to add 2 more seats due to the number of applicants?

Hello, everyone! I am also anxiously anticipating an email, and wish the best of luck to everyone! I was told that there would be 28 spots available this year. Hopefully we hear back soon!

Hello, everyone! I am also anxiously anticipating an email, and wish the best of luck to everyone! I was told that there would be 28 spots available this year. Hopefully we hear back soon!

Just curious, what's everyone's stats?

Does anyone know what the average GPA was of the last class accepted?

I am not too sure. I asked if they weighed heavily on GPA and was told they do not weigh more to one thing or the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello y'all, looks like I'm in the same boat as most of you. Just found this thread/website since I've been anxiously twiddling my thumbs over here waiting to hear back from not only DU but also two other schools since I've been rejected from two so far.

My stats are okay,
GPA: 3.41
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
Shadowing hours: 100+ with a school OT as well as about 60 hours with an OT at an outpatient clinic

Reactions: 1 user
My stats are,
GPA: 3.62
Pre-req: 3.5
Shadowing hours: 40 in a school shadowing an OT, 140 in an OT clinics working with young adults, and 2,000+ hours working with a diverse elderly population

I really hope we find out sooner than the end of the month.

Was emailed today saying I'm on the waitlist

Did anyone else receive an email? I was placed on the alternate list as well.

I was placed on the alternate list too .

I was also placed on the alternate list. Do you think we'd be able to find out what place on the alternate list we actually are?

I was also placed on the alternate list. Do you think we'd be able to find out what place on the alternate list we actually are?
I was wondering the same. Suppose it's worth asking. Too bad the class size wasn't larger. I know how much this means to a lot of us.

Yes, I was put on the alternative list as well.

I emailed them and they aren't allowed to tell you your rank on the alternate list unfortunately.

I will most likely be declining my spot, so there will be one opening up soon!

Do you have a certain date you have to let the school know if you are accepting or declining?

I was accepted at the end of March and given a week to decide. I accepted since I still haven't made up my mind on which program I'd like to attend. I'm leaning towards the other, however.

I just got an acceptance email this morning!!!

Congrats!! Were you put on the alternate list at first and then accepted or just accepted first?
I never got an email for being on the alternate list. Which I kind of thought was odd since it seems that they sent out emails to those on the alternate list first.

Is anyone currently in this program and could share some insight about it? Or does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!

Has anyone on the waitlist heard back? Or does anyone know how long they will be accepting people off the waitlist?

Hi! I hope this is the right place to post, but I was just accepted to the master's for 2018. Has anyone else heard back yet? Also, any information I could get about the school would be great! I've never even been to Michigan, and am having trouble choosing schools!

Hi! I hope this is the right place to post, but I was just accepted to the master's for 2018. Has anyone else heard back yet? Also, any information I could get about the school would be great! I've never even been to Michigan, and am having trouble choosing schools!

I got accepted today too! Looking to find out the same information. I'll start by reading through this thread. Where else did you get accepted? I'm still waiting on the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome! Congratulations to the both of you! Did you get accepted via email or mail?

I got accepted today too! Looking to find out the same information. I'll start by reading through this thread. Where else did you get accepted? I'm still waiting on the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations! I paid my deposit, so I'm really considering it. So far I got accepted into Touro, Midwestern (AZ), Salus, and Puget Sound! Davenport is by far one of the most affordable options I've seen, and I've heard good things from the few students I've talked to. Sorry I can't be of more help. I really still don't know too much about the program. If I end up visiting, I'll let you know! Best of luck :). Where else did you apply?

I got accepted to Davenport University as well! They contacted me by email. I paid my deposit already to save my seat as I wait for other schools to get back to me.

Did you guys receive anything in the mail after accepting your seat?

I got accepted to Davenport University as well! They contacted me by email. I paid my deposit already to save my seat as I wait for other schools to get back to me.

Did you guys receive anything in the mail after accepting your seat?
I haven't received anything else yet! Best of luck to you!

Has anyone heard any updates from Davenport? I still haven't heard from them.

Hey guys! I got called today and was offered a spot in Davenports program. They said a seat opened up but I declined so it seems like they are going through a waitlist.