Program-Specific Info / Q's Davenport University Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT4444

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back yet from Davenport University?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet. I don't think they will notify until beg of next month.... Have you heard anything about the program?

Not yet! I've heard zip from them other than an e-mail wishing a happy thanksgiving lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from them either. Not even an email to say they're reviewing the applications like the other schools have done.

What did you guys use for the technical writing course? Did you take a class that is specifically called technical writing or did you use another class such as a research methods class?

Just got an email from them today. They said they will contact applicants regarding their acceptance decision in mid April.

Reactions: 1 user
What did you guys use for the technical writing course? Did you take a class that is specifically called technical writing or did you use another class such as a research methods class?
I had taken a writing for the workplace class and they told me that was fine, so no mine wasn't called that.

What were your stats? Are any of you going to another school?

I got accepted yesterday. Have until the 4th to accept or decline my spot. I really wanted to go to Davenport but got into Columbia so idkkkk what to do. Davenport is significantly cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got accepted yesterday. Have until the 4th to accept or decline my spot. I really wanted to go to Davenport but got into Columbia so idkkkk what to do. Davenport is significantly cheaper

Why would you turn down an offer from Columbia? It's not a bad price for OT.

Members don't see this ad :)

When did you apply to Davenport?

Davenport is about 65k or less I believe & CU is 97k...plus cost of living is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper in MI.

However Davenport is a new program that just got accredited and their NBCOT pass rates aren't published yet.

Davenport is about 65k or less I believe & CU is 97k...plus cost of living is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper in MI.

However Davenport is a new program that just got accredited and their NBCOT pass rates aren't published yet.

Do you know how many people have been accepted? What were you stats if you don't mind?

Do you know how many people have been accepted? What were you stats if you don't mind?

No I don't sorry. I think they're contacting the majority mid April.

Don't remember my specific prerequisite GPA but for Columbia I had a 3.9...so maybe 3.8 for DU since they did add about two other classes.

Major GPA- 3.7
OTCAS GPA- 3.59 (but had an upward trend in GPA...3.9 senior year)

Volunteer hrs: 200+ (2 hospitals/1 group exercise led by two OTs)
-research assistant at USC

-LOR from: 2 professors (1 retired MD)/ supervisor & OT

You heard from Davenport already? I thought we weren't going to hear anything until mid April...

Has anyone else heard from Davenport yet??

Nothing yet .

Did you decide where you would be going seeing as tho the deadline passed? And congrats on your acceptances!

Hey all! I was just accepted into Davenport for fall, didn't think I'd find a thread for this program but glad there is one! Anyone know how big the class will be this year?

Hey all! I was just accepted into Davenport for fall, didn't think I'd find a thread for this program but glad there is one! Anyone know how big the class will be this year?

Congratulations!! When did you hear from DU?? And what were your stats if you don't mind me asking

I believe the class is around 26 students, but I may be wrong

Congratulations!! When did you hear from DU?? And what were your stats if you don't mind me asking
Thanks! I'm very excited to be a part of the program. I heard last Thursday and put the deposit down yesterday. My prereq GPA was 3.56, 100+hours in pediatric outpatient and inpatient rehab settings. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I'm very excited to be a part of the program. I heard last Thursday and put the deposit down yesterday. My prereq GPA was 3.56, 100+hours in pediatric outpatient and inpatient rehab settings. Good luck!

Absolutely love your enthusiasm :) Congrats!!!

Was yesterday your deadline to accept the offer? Sorry for all the questions. I just know they send out second round of acceptances soon ‍♀️

I was accepted last Thursday.

I was accepted last Thursday.
Awesome! Were you going to be attending? And when would you have to accept by if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to figure out when the next set of acceptances will go out lol

Last edited:
Was yesterday your deadline to accept the offer? Sorry for all the questions. I just know they send out second round of acceptances soon ‍♀️
Yes, deadline for me was the 4th

Hi! Did you decide which school you'd be attending?

Also have any other acceptances been given out??

Hi! Did you decide which school you'd be attending?

Hi!! I'm pretty set on Davenport now. It's the cheapest school i applied to. Plus I love the way the curriculum is set up.

I feel like they will be sending the majority of acceptances this/next week. Good-luck!!

Thank you! Acceptances are sent all throughout April (since many students turn down Davenports acceptance since they've gotten in elsewhere). Best of luck to you too with deciding what you'd like to do!

Reactions: 1 users
When do you guys think they will send out the next acceptances?

Hopefully today! lol I have no idea. The mass email that went out to all applicants said by mid april, but upon speaking to Alisa at DU she mentioned end of April

When do you guys think they will send out the next acceptances?

I would call DU and ask. I was told that out of the 540 applicants only 239 are being considered. She was very helpful and told me that I was on their 'considered' list, just had no idea where exactly.

Hopefully today! lol I have no idea. The mass email that went out to all applicants said by mid april, but upon speaking to Alisa at DU she mentioned end of April

I was hoping today too! I'm getting nervous...this is my last school I'm waiting to hear from. So far three rejections and one wait-list. Need some good news!

I would call DU and ask. I was told that out of the 540 applicants only 239 are being considered. She was very helpful and told me that I was on their 'considered' list, just had no idea where exactly.

I emailed them recently and they said I would hear mid april. Who did you talk to? I probably do need to call.

I emailed them recently and they said I would hear mid april. Who did you talk to? I probably do need to call.

Im in the same boat as you! I've only gotten rejection letters, so this is my last school. Call and talk to Alisa :)

Have they sent out any rejections, or are they doing everything at once? Last time I called they told me end of the month instead of middle:

Im in the same boat as you! I've only gotten rejection letters, so this is my last school. Call and talk to Alisa :)

Did you call the admissions department? That's the only phone number I'm seeing 800-686-1600