DAT Score Breakdown: AA-24, TS-26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Donald Dan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Score Report:
PAT:19
QR: 21
RC: 19
Bio: 24
G-Chem: 25
Orgo: 30
TS: 26
AA: 24

PAT section: I used DAT Bootcamp mostly for PAT. I started off getting 15's and through consistent practice, with the generators and practice exams, I got up to 19. Note: After you take a PAT exam make sure you go through the solutions thoroughly! That is the only way you will get better, my scores were stagnant until I began to understand why I was making the mistakes.

QR: DO DAT MATH DESTROYER!!! If you can complete the entire Destroyer you are set for QR. My exam did not contain any trig, I believe there was a few geometry questions thought (in the form of quantitative comparison.) Not much advice I can give here. I didn't do much studying for this section, I am a math minor so I mostly relied on my general math knowledge. But many of my friends scored well on this section from the knowledge they obtained from the Math Destroyer.

RC: Do practice reading exams on boot camp you should be fine.

Bio: The DAT Destroyer is golden. I made a noted card for each question (sometimes several for certain questions). The book contains everything you need to ace the section. I read through the Feralis notes in excruciating detail to give myself the general background. I spent a large portion of my overall studying on this section, very dense section. Destroyer and Feralis are all you need for this section. You can use bootcamp for their timed exams.

General Chemistry: The Destroyer is absolutely key to this section. Contains everything you need to know for the exam. Go through it thoroughly! Read about all the theories and postulates that are there, they will pop up. Overall, I felt confident in the section since I did very well in Gen Chem in college. Use Bootcamp timed test for practice.

Organic Chemistry: This was by far my favorite section, I studied least for this section. I love Orgo in general as subject, did very well in the class and on ACS. Again DAT Destroyer is golden for this section. I completed the destroyer once for this section, the format and questions of the actual DAT are similar to the Destroyer format. Use Bootcamp timed test for practice.

I want to thank Dr. Romano for the tremendous support. I don't believe my scores would be as high if it weren't for him.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
wow nice scores!
what is your bio background, also what were you scoring on bio BC practice tests? (wondering cuz im taking them rn)

Members don't see this ad :)
20883886_10210599366202855_448035033_o.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
wow nice scores!
what is your bio background, also what were you scoring on bio BC practice tests? (wondering cuz im taking them rn)
My bio class in college was brutal. The class was very fast paced and intense. The DAT is much more straight forward but is very broad. they can take a pin and shove it in the middle of Campbell textbook and test you on it (no matter how random it is.) I started off getting 19's on BC but eventually got up to 22's consistently. But even if you don't do so well on the BC exams, view it as a learning experience. Most of all stay confident, that is, in all honesty, the key to scoring well on the DAT (along with rigorous studying of course.)

Score Report:
PAT:19
QR: 21
RC: 19
Bio: 24
G-Chem: 25
Orgo: 30
TS: 26
AA: 24

PAT section: I used DAT Bootcamp mostly for PAT. I started off getting 15's and through consistent practice, with the generators and practice exams, I got up to 19. Note: After you take a PAT exam make sure you go through the solutions thoroughly! That is the only way you will get better, my scores were stagnant until I began to understand why I was making the mistakes.

QR: DO DAT MATH DESTROYER!!! If you can complete the entire Destroyer you are set for QR. My exam did not contain any trig, I believe there was a few geometry questions thought (in the form of quantitative comparison.) Not much advice I can give here. I didn't do much studying for this section, I am a math minor so I mostly relied on my general math knowledge. But many of my friends scored well on this section from the knowledge they obtained from the Math Destroyer.

RC: Do practice reading exams on boot camp you should be fine.

Bio: The DAT Destroyer is golden. I made a noted card for each question (sometimes several for certain questions). The book contains everything you need to ace the section. I read through the Feralis notes in excruciating detail to give myself the general background. I spent a large portion of my overall studying on this section, very dense section. Destroyer and Feralis are all you need for this section. You can use bootcamp for their timed exams.

General Chemistry: The Destroyer is absolutely key to this section. Contains everything you need to know for the exam. Go through it thoroughly! Read about all the theories and postulates that are there, they will pop up. Overall, I felt confident in the section since I did very well in Gen Chem in college. Use Bootcamp timed test for practice.

Organic Chemistry: This was by far my favorite section, I studied least for this section. I love Orgo in general as subject, did very well in the class and on ACS. Again DAT Destroyer is golden for this section. I completed the destroyer once for this section, the format and questions of the actual DAT are similar to the Destroyer format. Use Bootcamp timed test for practice.

I want to thank Dr. Romano for the tremendous support. I don't believe my scores would be as high if it weren't for him.
Congratulations!

DAT Beast Destroyed! No advice needed here.

Wishing you the best..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy