DAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chubz0924

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does re-taking your DAT look bad? My DAT is next week and I feel pretty solid in most areas,however incase of a retake, i was wondering how that would look on the application.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't look bad at all if you improve. Don't worry about the possibility of retaking until you've had your scores back - it's an unnecessary source of worry at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
What area are you feeling weak in? How have you prepared to this point?
I'm feeling somewhat weak in bio. On the bootcamp tests I scored between an 18-24 on tests 1-5 and tests 6-10 i scored between a 15-18. I'm currently going over the destroyer questions again. They are a bit easier the second time around.

Also for Gen chem, I alway have a general idea on what to do for calculations, but sometimes i blank. I've scored 18/19 on the bootcamp exams. Trying to go over where i went wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm feeling somewhat weak in bio. On the bootcamp tests I scored between an 18-24 on tests 1-5 and tests 6-10 i scored between a 15-18. I'm currently going over the destroyer questions again. They are a bit easier the second time around.

Also for Gen chem, I alway have a general idea on what to do for calculations, but sometimes i blank. I've scored 18/19 on the bootcamp exams. Trying to go over where i went wrong.
Message me and I will be happy to see what is going on. Bio gives many students a problem.

Nancy

At this point you are already too far in to just cancel (especially after all that studying), but if you feel that you are unprepared, then you shouldn't take it. It really takes being honest with yourself to determine this point because rescheduling will set your application back pretty much to the next cycle.

EDIT: I misread the initial post and changed my response to this.