DAT QR Quantitative Comparison and changes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Etudes

Op. 25 No. 11
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The 2017 DAT guide mentioned on the QR section “Quantitative Comparison” but all the practice materials I have used did not have that type of questions (Like the GRE ones such as Quantity A vs Quantity B). I remember seeing a few sdn-er posted about having those questions on their exam last week or so. But I can’t find them anymore (I don't know if they were deleted or what). So I am unsure if they were just rumors or really happening…Any recent test takers can chime in? Whether those GRE type of problems really exist or not on the DAT recently (April onward)? I know there's been talks about changes to the QR section and little is known about when. I will be taking my exam in two weeks so I'm a bit worried that the QR changes occur right before I take the exam...Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

They have been talking about adding those types of questions (data analysis) for a while now, since before I even took my DAT - I would not be surprised if they finally implemented it. Several people have mentioned having that style of question on their exam recently so it's a good idea to be prepared for it, although it might still be in the testing phases (meaning the results of these questions are analyzed for inclusion in future tests, rather than counted towards your score).

Thanks for the reply. Alright, I will prepare for those types of questions as well just in case.

I've never heard of these types of questions before, would you mind giving an example/pointing me in the direction of some practice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never heard of these types of questions before, would you mind giving an example/pointing me in the direction of some practice?

I am not sure if those types of questions will truly be on the DAT or even in the same format. I am only speculating from what I have heard. You can find tutorials/explanation of those types of questions on YouTube by searching “GRE Quantative Comparison” (there’s a lot of great tutorials) and if you prefer books, they can be found on amazon for around $16 new or a few dollars used.

Again, I don’t want to spread misinformation. I only brought up the topic since the guide mentioned it. I don’t know what the true format is but the GRE QC is the closest I can think of at the moment. It’s not a dense topic so I am just going to have it in the back of my head as a precaution.

I read this in the forum as well. Better be prepared and get yourself a Gre Math book or watch some videos to be familiar with the ideas. Here is a video with solved examples, to help test takers
Note: You can find tons of solved questions or videos about this method.
@tarheelbaby

Best of luck.