DAT in 5 days. HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roblesc182

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if i could get some feedback.
I just finished the 2009 sample test. The real deal is in 5 days. :( My 2009 scores were:

BIO: 21
GC: 20
OCH: 19
PAT: 25
RC: 17
QR: 17

AA: 19
TS: 20

I've dedicated my entire summer to studying for this exam. I mean dedicated. The study materials I had were Cliff AP notes, chads videos, bootcamp, and i finished half of destroyer. After looking at those scores i was really upset. I did two years at a community college, before transferring to a university, and wanted my DAT to outweigh that fact. I currently have a 3.65 science gpa and a 3.7 overall. Im also on the exec. board for two clubs at my university. Im a dental assistant at a non-profit dental clinic and have over 100 volunteer and shadowing hours. I will finish two years of undergrad research when i graduate. RC gave me the most trouble as English is my second language. Will i have a chance if i scored a 18AA?
Thanks for taking your time to read this!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what are your bootcamp full length scores? have you considered completing destroyer? did you use math destroyer ?

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should aim for a 19-20AA with your GPA.
Also, did you account for the mistakes in the 2009 test?
And, you should definitely finish all of bio destroyer at least.
For OC, maybe try watching through Mike's videos on BC? They're already included and should just be a review for you since you already watched Chad's.
RC- Maybe try a new strategy, if you're doing S&D, then try mapping, or vice versa. It's really just practice practice practice I'd say.
QR- Do Math destroyer if you have it. If not, then do all of the BC practice tests and go over all of your mistakes over and over until they stick.
Hope this helps! :) Best of luck

I think you should aim for a 19-20AA with your GPA.
Also, did you account for the mistakes in the 2009 test?
And, you should definitely finish all of bio destroyer at least.
For OC, maybe try watching through Mike's videos on BC? They're already included and should just be a review for you since you already watched Chad's.
RC- Maybe try a new strategy, if you're doing S&D, then try mapping, or vice versa. It's really just practice practice practice I'd say.
QR- Do Math destroyer if you have it. If not, then do all of the BC practice tests and go over all of your mistakes over and over until they stick.
Hope this helps! :) Best of luck

Im going to definitely review the last few section on bootcamp i haven't covered. These next three days will be rough. I find RC the hardest section of them all. I do a combination of both S&D and mapping. Im hoping for a miracle here and ill continue to practice these next few days too. Its not that i don't know the material its that i blank out during the exam. Good job on your DAT, your breakdown was well done. I just saw that there are mistakes on the 2009. kinda sad there wasn't mistakes on the RC section

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Im going to definitely review the last few section on bootcamp i haven't covered. These next three days will be rough. I find RC the hardest section of them all. I do a combination of both S&D and mapping. Im hoping for a miracle here and ill continue to practice these next few days too. Its not that i don't know the material its that i blank out during the exam. Good job on your DAT, your breakdown was well done. I just saw that there are mistakes on the 2009. kinda sad there wasn't mistakes on the RC section
So now I'm guessing your scores reflect the points added due to the mistakes? :) I think you're really good for the sciences and pat too, and thank you! Glad it could help.
RC- yes just practice, you will get better! Try reading articles (Bootcamp -> Reading Comprehension -> "Daily Reading" link on left side OR scroll all the way down) to improve on speed and comprehension.

A lot can be done in 5 days. I was able to complete destroyer approximately 3 times, but I skipped QR, in 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk