DAT Dat destroyer supreme package 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are delighted to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week. We will be offering 3 DAT Destroyer Supreme Packages to the winners. Good luck to all.

Orgoman DAT Destroyer, in its simplest form, is a scholarly work created by Dr. Jim Romano to help students achieve their goal of high scores on the DAT. Many of Dr. Romano’s students have exceeded the 90th percentile in areas of Biology, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry using this unique, comprehensive material. This blockbuster work helps students negotiate the labyrinthine path one must travel to a successful entrance into dental school. Under the aegis of Dr. Romano, Quantitative Reasoning is broken down into simple components allowing students to recall and retain math basics. General Chemistry is electrified, Biology is simplified, and Organic Chemistry is demystified. Step-by-step solutions to all problems are easily presented and Dr. Romano adds tons of additional concepts you will need to excel. Whether you’re simply seeking extra help or hope to score high enough for a dental scholarship, give the DAT Destroyer a chance. Like thousands of other students who have worked under the auspices of Dr. Romano, the DAT Destroyer material will offer you success on the DAT and help your dream of becoming a dentist become a reality. Good luck!

Dr. Jim Romano, New York University Graduate, Ashe Bowman Scholarship winner, and American Chemical Society member has created an innovative, problem-solving book for Organic Chemistry. Orgoman Organic Chemistry Odyssey offers insight to over 900 different problems as Dr. Romano allows you to peek into his clandestine world that opens his files to exam type problems and extremely detailed solutions completed by Dr. Romano personally. The book is electrifying and will be a vital tool to students enrolled in Organic class or students taking the DAT, MCAT, PCAT, OAT or GRE. You will be almost as excited about it as he! Let's begin on a journey of learning, and explore this wonderful world of Organic Chemistry. Best of luck to all!

CHAPTERS INCLUDE:
1. Concepts in Organic Chemistry
2. Acids and Bases
3. Cycloalkanes & Radicals
4. Stereochemistry
5. Elimination Reactions
6. Alkenes
7. Alkynes
8. Substitution Reactions
9. Alcohols
10. Ethers 11. Alcohols and Ethers II
12. Aromatics
13. Aldehydes and Ketones
14. Carbonyl Compounds
15. Spectroscopy
16. Amines
17. Carbohydrates
18. Amino Acids
19. Fatty Acids
20. Lab Techniques

The Math Destroyer contains 440 problems and detailed solutions, broken down into 11 separate tests that you can use to simulate the actual test. When developing the problems it was important that solutions be very clear and show the student the most efficient way to solve the problem. Remember, the number one reason students get low scores on the test is they do not finish. The big difference in our product and an online test type of product is once you have finished the test you can review the problems and the solutions and see where you have made your mistakes. We feel confident this will help you improve your score in this section.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was just curious what the changes are in the new edition of Destroyer. I have heard they added more road maps and "mini road-maps" or something of the like. Can you expand on this?

Are the levels of difficulty different from Quantitive Reasonings in DAT Destroyer than it is in Math Destroyer?

If you get DAT Destroyer do you get all the destroyers? i.e. Math, orgo, etc. or are they are separate purchases?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the Math Destroyer is a completely separate book from the DAT Destroyer. The DAT Destroyer has Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Quantitative Reasoning, while the Math Destroyer has only math problems. I have heard from many, many students that DAT Destroyer was the best book they used for DAT preparation! :)

orgoman22: Is the QR and/or Math Destroyer updated to accommodate the use of a calculator?

I am studying for the DAT, and my question is when should I start using the Destroyer? Should I study all the materials first and then start looking at questions, or should I study a specific area and then start testing for that type of problem?

I am studying for the DAT, and my question is when should I start using the Destroyer? Should I study all the materials first and then start looking at questions, or should I study a specific area and then start testing for that type of problem?

What is going to be your method of studying?

I have recently started to gather study materials for the DAT and heard from numerous people positive results from using this book. Would you recommend studying from this book one subject at a time or a little of each everyday?

Will you be adding reading comprehension sections to other versions in the near future?

wow, this is a great package. I'm wondering if the PAT review is included in this package.

I am wondering the same thing. Does the package include a PAT review?

What is the difference between Organic Odyssey and the organic chem material in DAT Destroyer?

orgoman22: Is the QR and/or Math Destroyer updated to accommodate the use of a calculator?

I would like to know this also-and how do I get into the running to win?

Members don't see this ad :)
i was wondering, does the score you get using this software closely resemble your possible DAT score? some of my friends have told me that one software might be "easier" or "harder" than the real DAT. How close is this to the DAT?

i was wondering, does the score you get using this software closely resemble your possible DAT score? some of my friends have told me that one software might be "easier" or "harder" than the real DAT. How close is this to the DAT?

This isn't one of the softwares that simulates tests. This is more like a huge book of practice problems. It's good once you have reviewed and then you can use this to test yourself to see where you are weak. Most people usually consider Destroyer as one of the tougher sets of material though. Hope that helps!

Can this be used as a sole study aid for the DAT?

If you get DAT Destroyer do you get all the destroyers? i.e. Math, orgo, etc. or are they are separate purchases?

If you go to the Destroyer website, you can buy the Science and Math Destroyer in a package for $199. You can also buy them separately if you choose to.

Can this be used as a sole study aid for the DAT?

I'm with Bman on this one. Unless you already have a strong foundation in all the subjects covered in the DAT, using the Destroyer as a sole study aid would only frustrate you.

The Destroyer is essentially a large question bank with fantastic explanations for each question. Some might argue that the questions found in the Destroyer are more difficult than the actual DAT and I would recommend you use it as a final prep...especially the orgo section! :wow:

Good luck!

I have heard a lot about the DAT Destroyer package, including the Sciences and Math. It seems to be a good product by all reviews and very informative in the explanations.

I only have a couple of questions. How often is it updated? Generally what types of changes are made? How do you go about selecting new material to add?

Thanks for all the info.

I've heard a lot of great things about DAT Destroyer and would love to have it, but it's too expensive for me. Anyway, what books for content does Dr. Romano use to draw questions from? What does he recommend as supplements for these particular books?

The DAT Destroyer is updated once a year to keep up with the latest DAT Trends. Dr. Romano wrote the DAT Destroyer after many years of working with DAT students. We currently have a school located in NYC and we prepare hundreds of students each year for the DAT. We use the same book you see on our website for the DAT. We always use the most current edition which is 2010. Several Universities across the country are now ordering our materials because they know our materials give students an edge.. The book does not contain PAT or Reading. I talked to the ADA yesterday and on March 2nd you will be allowed to use a calculator on the DAT. Not your own calculator, but a calculator will appear on the screen for that section only. I was informed that is the only change being made to the Math Section. No Calculus is being added and the problems will remain on the same level. Although a calculator will help you still need to really prepare for this section. The Math Destroyer contains 440 problems, in 11, 40 problem tests with detailed solutions. None of the problems in the Math Destroyer are in the DAT Destroyer. We also use this book with our students and we have seen a rise in our Math scores.

The DAT Destroyer is the best DAT Prep on the market, see our testimonials on our website, these are real students who I have talked to or emailed and wanted to be on our website.

The DAT is a very challenging test and continues to get more challenging and competition is fierce.

The Organic Odyssey is a supplement to the Orgo section of the DAT Destroyer, none of the problems in the Odyssey are in the DAT Destroyer.

Know the Destroyer cold and you will be glad you did on test day.

On Average, how long would it take someone studying for the DAT to get through all the books? How long is the duration of your class in NY?

Our class goes approx 3 months. Dr. Romano does an extensive Gen Chem and Orgo Review before he starts the Destroyer. The Destroyer is very challenging, but so is the DAT. It is not unusal for our students to score 25+ in the sciences. Every student is different but I would allow at least 3 months to prepare for the test. The biggest mistake I see students make is to rush to take the test. If you do not feel prepared when test day approches reschedule the DAT. I believe you can reschedule within 72 hours of the test for a minimal fee. Our goal for our students is to take the test 1 time. Be prepared and know the Destroyer cold!

Each student has their own study habits. I suggest you do what works best for you. But again I stress know the Destroyer cold! Better to be overprepared then underprepared on test day.

I currently have the 2006 version of DAT Destroyer but will probably be retaking the DAT pretty soon. How much different is the 2010 version from the 2006 version? Do you think it's maybe worth buying again?

I currently have the 2006 version of DAT Destroyer but will probably be retaking the DAT pretty soon. How much different is the 2010 version from the 2006 version? Do you think it's maybe worth buying again?
There have been many changes to the Destroyer since 2006 as well as changes to the DAT. The DAT has become much more challenging and the 2010 Destroyer is geared to meet the demands of the current DAT. You are at a disadvantage with such an outdated book. We are one of the few companies or perhaps the only company that updates their materials on a consistent basis and that is why our students achieve some of the highest scores in the country.

Good Luck in your studies and on the DAT!

This isn't one of the softwares that simulates tests. This is more like a huge book of practice problems. It's good once you have reviewed and then you can use this to test yourself to see where you are weak. Most people usually consider Destroyer as one of the tougher sets of material though. Hope that helps!
You must have a solid fondation in the sciences before you can tackle the problems in the Destroyer. If you can master the level of work in the Destroyer you will not be shell shocked on test day. The Destroyer was geared for students who want to achieve superior scores. The DAT is a very challenging test and the Destroyer will prepare you to meet the challenge.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you will not be allowed to use your personal calculator, it will be provided on the computer screen when you get to the Math Section. Having the use of the calculator will be helpful but you still most know how to set the problems up, etc. The Math Destroyer has an additional 440 problems with detailed explanations that are not included in the DAT Destroyer. Our problems are geared towards the types of problems you will encounter on the actual DAT. So practice, practice and more practice for this section.

Are the levels of difficulty different from Quantitive Reasonings in DAT Destroyer than it is in Math Destroyer?
The levels are difficulty are the same. The Math Destroyer has 440 problems in 40 problem sets that allow you to time yourself for this section if you desire. None of the problems in the Math Destroyer are repeats from the Destroyer they are all unique problems. Again I can't stress the importance of practice for this section. The more practice will help you with speed on this challenging section.

Do you recommend taking the questions from the Destroyer as timed tests or going through them slowly?

Thanks for the reply, yes I meant does the 2010 Destroyer take into account that the ADA's new feature of an onscreen calculator in that the problems could be harder. I suppose though like you've said, practice is even more crucial now.

How many times on average do your students go 'through the destroyer' meaning are there any trends that you have noticed with students who do well on the DAT in approaching the Destroyer, and could you expand on 'knowing it cold?'

sorry for the excessive questions.

In which order is it best to do the math section? The math destroyer first, or try the math in the destroyer book and then decide if the math destroyer book would be helpful?

Is the math destroyer the same as one would use to prepare for the OAT's?

In which order is it best to do the math section? The math destroyer first, or try the math in the destroyer book and then decide if the math destroyer book would be helpful?
The Math Destroyer is set up in 11 40 problem sets that allow you to time yourself if you choose. After over 2 years of testing with our students we feel that each set of problems will prepare for the DAT. Remember there is more than one version of the test so you must be prepared for various levels of difficulty. So you could do the DAT Destroyer problems first, as I mentioned no problems in the Math Destroyer are repeats from the DAT Destroyer and then proceed to the Math Destroyer. That gives you over 600 practice problems with detailed solutions. That's a lot of practice.

What makes our products different is we work hands on with students year round in our classroom setting and we know how effective our work is by the scores they achieve. We didn't just develop materials and stop there. We actively work in this area 365 days a year and constantly strive to make our materials the best.

How many trig problems are covered in the math book?
Honestly I do not know exactly how many trig problems are in the DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer I have never counted, but I can tell you the amount is enough to prepare you for the DAT. Hope this answers your question and good luck to you.

Thanks for the reply, yes I meant does the 2010 Destroyer take into account that the ADA's new feature of an onscreen calculator in that the problems could be harder. I suppose though like you've said, practice is even more crucial now.

How many times on average do your students go 'through the destroyer' meaning are there any trends that you have noticed with students who do well on the DAT in approaching the Destroyer, and could you expand on 'knowing it cold?'

sorry for the excessive questions.
Prepare with the Destroyer until you feel comfortable with the level of work. There is no right or wrong way to study. Just know the work. It is a very challenging book and even the top students find it difficult, especially the Orgo and GenChem. Bio is flat out memorization so know everything in the Destroyer both the correct and incorrect choices. Don't get discouraged keep working through it. Again I stress there are many versions of DAT and this will prepare you for whatever comes your way. We do not think it is overkill, just look at the students on our website that have achieved stellar scores.

What I mean by know the Destroyer cold is Know it all!

Take care and good luck to you in the raffle and on your upcoming DAT.

How many organic chemistry roadmaps are in the new DAT destroyer?

... I talked to the ADA yesterday and on March 2nd you will be allowed to use a calculator on the DAT. Not your own calculator, but a calculator will appear on the screen for that section only. I was informed that is the only change being made to the Math Section. No Calculus is being added and the problems will remain on the same level. Although a calculator will help you still need to really prepare for this section. ...

Thank you for that information!

From reading your product information, it seems like the DAT Destroyer offers a very comprehensive and thorough review of everything except for the PAT and Reading sections. For somebody who is short on time and looking for a quick way to review, how would you suggest somebody take advantage of your product? For example, are there summary sections at the end of each chapter of material?

I'm so stressed out for the DAT, I need as much help as I can get!

I want to 'destroy' this thing!!! =)

I purchased DAT destroyer 2009 last year, comparatively, was there a lot of changes made to the 2010 destroyer? Is there any way I can get my hands on some of the new material by any chance? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.