DAT Destroyer Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hi20866

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would y'all say that DAT Destroyer for the sciences is overkill and way harder than the DAT? Or is it necessary to complete along with DAT bootcamp?

Members don't see this ad.

NOT overkill. people who say its overkill and dont finish it generally are the ones who dont do very well. For most people (including myself) to make the most of it involves completing the whole thing, multiple times if you can. Definitely harder than the real dat but that is a good thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Total overkill. Don't waste your time. Bootcamp, Chad, Cliff's Bio 3rd edition, and Feralis for bio is all you need to succeed. (24 AA, 22 TS)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Now I don't know what to believe lol

I guess each test is different and completing Destroyer will make me better equipped to take the test, even if it is too much.

Now I don't know what to believe lol

I guess each test is different and completing Destroyer will make me better equipped to take the test, even if it is too much.
Lol

If you can afford the $$ hit, then sure, have fun with it. Why stop there?? A PhD in chemistry would ensure success on the DAT for sure!

If you're strong in your sciences, then it's overkill. If not, then definitely a must have. I haven't taken chemistry in four years and destroyer has helped me SOO much! It was an absolute necessity for me. To give you an example of how awesome this resource is: my DAT is next week. I just started orgo practice this week and made a 14 on my first bootcamp on Tuesday. Been working my ass off and just finished all 336 orgo destroyer problems today and made a 21 on my 5th bootcamp test (14, 17, 17, 19, 21).

At the end of the day, it depends on how well you know the sciences already. I think it's totally worth every penny though. Good luck!

Its not overkill. As the disclaimer suggests in the first page, its meant for students aiming for mid to high 20s. Whoever says its overkill is lying to you. I recommend destroyer above all else.

Neither!!! Destroyer is overkill and bootcamp gives me the hibbie-jibbies. I'm 100% sure it could be done better, kept anonymous and step it up a notch.

Would y'all say that DAT Destroyer for the sciences is overkill and way harder than the DAT? Or is it necessary to complete along with DAT bootcamp?

It was never about what was being said because constructive criticism is also good. I'm assuming the way things are being done is a combination of advertising, marketing, and trying to help the customer. However, I will also assume the shortfall is because of lack of social skills and experience and not thinking outside the box. The business aspect is normal (everyone does it), but it's the way that other aspects of it is being done that makes it abnormal. Bringing it up a notch means exactly that, which they still don't understand. It means a different idea .

It was never about what was being said because constructive criticism is also good. I'm assuming the way things are being done is a combination of advertising, marketing, and trying to help the customer. However, I will also assume the shortfall is because of lack of social skills and experience and not thinking outside the box. The business aspect is normal (everyone does it), but it's the way that other aspects of it is being done that makes it abnormal. Bringing it up a notch means exactly that, which they still don't understand. It means a different idea .

...what?

As for the original question, I would say the Destroyer is harder than the real DAT for sure, but I think it's designed that way to prepare students strongly for the test. Overkill in terms of difficulty but not in terms of preparation.

Reactions: 2 users
It's definitely good to do for more practice in addition to bootcamp, but the questions are definitely way harder than the real DAT. When I was doing it I basically ended up going to the answer key for like half of the questions but I think it was good review. You don't have to finish the whole book, I definitely didn't, but it's something good to do to see if you really understand everything in orgo and gen chem.

Expose yourself to many resources. Don't bank on only one. There are many versions of the DAT, with some having a harder science section, and others having a slightly easier section.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely not an overkill. The wording was very similar as well for all sections (sns).

Ok? I still don't like it.

...what?

As for the original question, I would say the Destroyer is harder than the real DAT for sure, but I think it's designed that way to prepare students strongly for the test. Overkill in terms of difficulty but not in terms of preparation.

Na you don't need it. I got 21 AA/TS. Bootcamp is way better because it also helps you with PAT. I would recommend getting it though, because you can sell it back for a little less money. you might lose 25 dollars if that. I studied 5 weeks so didn't have much time to utilize it even if I got it. If you have time get it.

My roommate who is basically a clone of me also took 5 weeks to study. He used 2012 destroyer and got a 19 TS. 17 bio, 21 gc, 23 chem. He said it's useful for organic so use that information as you may. I got a 22 ochem 20 gc 21 bio without destroyer. There's some comparison for you to think about. I've also noticed people in sdn that get 23+ All use destroyer, and there are a lot of people getting sub 20s that use it as well.

I think bootcamp is better, but I wouldn't just use that either. Tbh, if I had to pick between the hibbie-jibbies (when I get on bootcamp) and hard, then I'll go with hard. I can't ignore the hibbie-jibbies, awful.

Destroyer is a must for a high score. Do everything multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

both bootcamp and destroyer are completely different resources. I think Most people will agree BOTH will lead to the highest chance of success. If you use them diligently, the couple hundred dollars you have to spend is worth it. I was very lost when started studying for the DAT. Both saved me, i would have paid 10x for both with ZERO regrets

Destroyer is a must for a high score. Do everything multiple times.

This is just objectively not true. There is more than enough information between chad, cliffnotes, feralis, and boot camp to answer every science question on the test with the exception of maybe one or two random bio questions.

Lol is this guy a bot? Either I gotta work on my RC or this guy is on something.

I agree with predent 2151. I reviewed Destroyer several times and got 24 on Bio. I think Bootcamp's difficulty was more similar to that of actual test but I would review Destroyer to get a higher score.

Last edited:
People the write off destroyer as over kill TEND to not score as high. There are plenty of people with 22/23 that didn't use destroyer but the vast majority of people that scored above a 21 used it

People the write off destroyer as over kill TEND to not score as high. There are plenty of people with 22/23 that didn't use destroyer but the vast majority of people that scored above a 21 used it

People who are type A and post their scores on SDN also TEND to follow any advice on how to do well on the DAT, good and bad. This OCD audience is exactly who orgoman targets and convinces that they need to shell out hundreds of dollars for a large packet of trick questions well beyond the scope of the test.

Find me someone who got 23 TS or up and didn't use destroyer, there may be some but not many.

This is just objectively not true. There is more than enough information between chad, cliffnotes, feralis, and boot camp to answer every science question on the test with the exception of maybe one or two random bio questions.

This is just not true. No resource I've seen covers QR substantially well anymore with the addition of QC. If I had just relied on Chads for OC I would have 100% for sure not gotten a 27, chads excludes halo from reaction, Michaels reaction, and Robinson annulation of which all appeared on my exam. Feralis notes are wonderful but still not 100% comprehensive. I had a question about AIDS directly out of destroyer. Destroyer is a must for TOP science scores.

My roommate who is basically a clone of me also took 5 weeks to study. He used 2012 destroyer and got a 19 TS. 17 bio, 21 gc, 23 chem. He said it's useful for organic so use that information as you may. I got a 22 ochem 20 gc 21 bio without destroyer. There's some comparison for you to think about. I've also noticed people in sdn that get 23+ All use destroyer, and there are a lot of people getting sub 20s that use it as well.
Not me.

I used Kaplan's book and google to get a 23.

Not me.

I used Kaplan's book and google to get a 23.
Shhhhh, you're going to give all these pre-dents cognitive dissonance for wasting their money on a useless collection of overkill questions from orgoman.

No dat prep questions are useless. Every single question has a purpose. The more exposure you get the better off you are.

No dat prep questions are useless. Every single question has a purpose. The more exposure you get the better off you are.

This is true, in theory. However, time and money are important limits to consider since the DAT is only part of the dental school application. Therefore, it's important to honestly assess prep material in a cost/benefit fashion, accounting for both money and time cost. I believe the destroyer fails to make the cut.