DAT DAT Destroyer 2009 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be giving away DAT Destroyers for test prep week. Good luck to all!

Dr. Romano and Nancy Steen

DATdestroyerCover.jpg

Orgoman DAT Destroyer, in its simplest form, is a scholarly work created by Dr. Jim Romano to help students achieve their goal of high scores on the DAT. Many of Dr. Romano’s students have exceeded the 90th percentile in areas of Biology, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry using this unique, comprehensive material. This blockbuster work helps students negotiate the labyrinthine path one must travel to a successful entrance into dental school. Under the aegis of Dr. Romano, Quantitative Reasoning is broken down into simple components allowing students to recall and retain math basics. General Chemistry is electrified, Biology is simplified, and Organic Chemistry is demystified. Step-by-step solutions to all problems are easily presented and Dr. Romano adds tons of additional concepts you will need to excel. Whether you’re simply seeking extra help or hope to score high enough for a dental scholarship, give the DAT Destroyer a chance. Like thousands of other students who have worked under the auspices of Dr. Romano, the DAT Destroyer material will offer you success on the DAT and help your dream of becoming a dentist become a reality. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently studying for DAT which I'm planning on take it on March. I heard good reviews about the DAT destroyer and always wanted to try it out. I just want to thank both SDNF and the sponsors for strong support and guiding future health professionals to achieve their goals.

I just want to say good luck to those of you are working hard towards their dreams! Wish me luck also!

Is there any difference between the Destroyer 2008 version and 2009 version?

I am planning to buy one soon and take my DATs in the summer.

Ive also heard goo reviews about the book

Is there any difference between the Destroyer 2008 version and 2009 version?

Yes, there is a difference between the 2008 and 2009 versions. More problems have been added to each of the sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the Destroyer would you have to know basics or are the basics provided as well, meaning is this only study guide of questions which you go over, or is it maybe something like cliffs ap biology book where its much reading of each section?

How much is the cost for a new DAT Destroyer?

Do you have DAT destroyer PAT na dreading sample sections or it's sold separately ?
Thanks

I have heard good things about this book. I'm just wondering though, in terms of difficulty level, is it similar to that of the actual DAT test? Thank you!

suhshi - The 2009 Book has more questions and is polished and designed so that the user will do well on the current DAT.

KappaSig - To understand the destroyer you need to know the basics of chemistry. Assuming that you already took Inorganic and Organic within the last couple of years and you are a biology major, you will be able to benefit from the destroyer immensly.

Chesnok - There isn't currently a DAT Destroyer for PAT or Reading. Your best off using Crack DAT for Pat and w/e for reading.

heartsclovers - The book was spot on for my DAT, and had I not found it I would have gotten a much lower score. It is slighlty more difficult, but thatis what you need so that you are prepared for any type of question that may come up.

how do i enroll in the raffle?! i really want this book

haha. soo if you really want to be entered into the raffle:

To be eligible for raffle entry, users must:
• Have posted a question or participated in a meaningful way to the thread of the product they wish to win (multiple posts count as one entry)
• Have a accumulated at least ten appropriate posts on the professional or pre-professional forums
• Be in an appropriate field of study for the prize, i.e.: a current medical student would not be eligible for DAT prep materials
• Not be under current forum disciplinary action

Good luck and I believe almost everyone that writes in this thread really needs the book :laugh: LIKE I DO :soexcited:

I'm have also heard great things about DAT DESTROYER, If you plan to take the DAT this is the book to get! I'm planning to take the DAT this Summer, Already started studying! Baylor here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!

I graduated from the University of Colorado at Denver with a degree in Biology. My career goal is to become a dentistry, therefore, I registered to take the DATs the end of this April. I heard so many wonderful things about the DATs Destroyer from many students who are in dental schools. Most of them recommend me to get the DATs Destroyer, so I am in need of getting this book ASAP. I really want to score high for the DATs! Anyone has any techniques/materials on how to study well for the DATs? Is the DATs Destroyer the only book you need to score high?

I took the DAT in November and plan to retake this summer. I too have heard that The Destroyer is a great resource. I would love to win it, but if not will be buying it.

It the DAT Destroyer sold anywhere in public or you can only get it online?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering how often the destroyers gets updated? And how much does it cost to get the updated version when you have an older version. The reason I'm asking is if I end up getting the destroyer I'd probably want to wait fairly close to when I take the test so it's the most updated version instead of buying it 8 months before the test which would likely mean I would miss out on the updates. Thnx.

Chesnok - There isn't currently a DAT Destroyer for PAT or Reading. Your best off using Crack DAT for Pat and w/e for reading.

Klutzy1987,

What do you mean "w/e" for reading? "W/e" isn't ringing any bells for me.

2thDMD

I was wondering how often the destroyers gets updated? And how much does it cost to get the updated version when you have an older version. The reason I'm asking is if I end up getting the destroyer I'd probably want to wait fairly close to when I take the test so it's the most updated version instead of buying it 8 months before the test which would likely mean I would miss out on the updates. Thnx.

I believe it is updated yearly (the exact date, I don't know).

For those of you who do not have an older version, nor have actually seen/paged through a DAT Destroyer book, be forewarned...it is not a quick "read".
Don't wait until a week before your exam to order and go through this book. There is a lot of information in it and you'll have more than a few "Ohhhh...I get it / That makes sense" moments when going through the book and testing yourself.

So, I would recommend getting the 2009 version (if you are going to take the DAT this year), because the chances of them releasing the 2010 version soon is not great, so you've got nothing to lose by getting the book as early as possible, testing yourself, reviewing, testing yourself again, etc.

Personally, I'd rather get the 2009 book now and have more time to test myself, rather than wait until the last minute fearing that I might miss out on some new 2010 questions, but subsequently shorten my study time and possibly do worse than I would have had I been studying this whole time.

2thDMD

Is DAT destroyer the only chemistry preparation really needed for the DAT(besides obviously already knowing the basics)? It sounds like a lot of people really recommend it!

Is DAT destroyer the only chemistry preparation really needed for the DAT(besides obviously already knowing the basics)? It sounds like a lot of people really recommend it!

IMO once you've got the basics Desroyer is all you need.

im planning to take my DATs in the summer
Im wondering if the destroyer is worth getting soon because of its degree of difficulty.

A friend of mine who recently took the DAT used DAT Destroyer and she ended up doing really well on exam. I've heard a lot of positive reviews about it.

What should I do to enter the chance of winning DAT destroyer?

I really want the Dat Destroyer. I have question if i only study from the DAT DESTROYER Would that be enough? Or do I need other books?

It the DAT Destroyer sold anywhere in public or you can only get it online?

as far as i know you can only get it online

this destroyer would help in preparing for my DAT in May!

Hello everyone! I have heard great, excuse me, OUTSTANDING news about the DAT Destroyer from previous students who have taken the OATs and DATs. My good friend just got accepted in Optometry School in FL and used OAT Destroyer to study. She has motivated me to start studying for my DAT and recommended me to get the DAT Destroyer. I would be Extremely thrilled to get the DAT Destroyer from Dr. Romano.
Thank you!:xf:

I forgot to mention that I will be taking my DAT in April.

Hi All,

I spoke personally with Dr. Romano about 2 years ago about this book and he recommended that I know the basics before I buy his book. He and Nancy took out the time to explain to me the advantages to getting this book and the disadvantages to getting this book at that time. After careful thought, I realized that I needed to retake my Chemistry, Biology, and Organic Chemistry classes before I get the book. Now, I have completed my courses and have started studying for the DAT. I think that I am ready for this book now. Thanks Dr. Romano and Nancy for the time you took with me. Now that is having someone's best interest at heart and not thinking about what can be gained monetarily. I will be taking the test in July 2009.

Rhonda

I used the OAT destroyer to take the OAT! And I have to say that my scores improved significantly! If you go through the problems and solutions they really nail the important questions. Make sure you read through the solutions and understand them. I went through my Kaplan book and hatedddddd their explanations. They used very simple ideas and stretched them out beyond belief. Good luck everyone!

:soexcited:

I am just gathering all the stuff i need for DAT. I was wondering if there's separate books for QR and PAT sections?

Thank you Eyelove for your post. I hope to get above 20's on the DAT.

Hi Dr. Romano and Nancy,

I emailed you guys a while back about updates to older books but never got a response. So...is it possible to get an updated problem set from an older version? I have the 2007 edition but I feel like I'm missing out.

I'm doing Kaplan and my teacher even said if there is anything you are unsure about check out DAT destroyer.

so does everyone get a email back if they didn't win at least, or is there going to be a saying that yeah some people won and they have been notified.. cause i'm curious to if anyone won?

so does everyone get a email back if they didn't win at least, or is there going to be a saying that yeah some people won and they have been notified.. cause i'm curious to if anyone won?

I'm curious to know about it to. Any news?

I have the 2007 version, I wonder how different 2009 version will be compared to the one I have.

I would love a destroyer

is the free giveaway still going on or has it ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.