Dat destroy OC & tips if you suck at it I guess?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted738762

Did a few problems and noticed there are a few questions that are a bit out there that I never learned before and was wondering are these on the DAT or what inspired @orgoman22 to come up with those questions? Were they on the previous DAT?
For example I did about 100 or so questions in a few hours a last week and probably got really caught up on a couple maybe less than 3 maybe 2 idk (Everything else I learned and made sense). For example one asked about peroxide initiators and it causes a molecule to polymerize. This is something I never saw before and it just bobbled my mind and wondered Orgoman probably put this question in there because it might have been asked in the past. I guess my question is what I asked before is this on the DAT and can they ask such a random question lol? These are the only problems that suck because you never learned about them, but all the other problems are fair.

Also I've heard people say the destroyer for OC is overkill (including myself before trying it haha) compared to the DAT but most of the problems I know how to handle and I don't think it's really that hard, they are pretty simple problems. I took extensive notes though so I would be prepared for almost anything except peroxide initiators haha. Also Chad isn't enough to do well in destroyer so supplement with something else (that's the tip). For those who feel destroyed by the destroyer, it's probably because chad isn't sufficient content review for it, and not because you suck at OC.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dat destroyer isn't "overkill". each question is there to teach you and test you. Doing them is a sure way of doing better on the ochem section. There is a lot of hard stuff in that book but everything is there for a reason! keep up the good work and don't lose heart. Just know your basic ochem stuff (no pun intended), if you've watched all of chads, taken notes, and do destroyer diligently (dont just burn through the book in a day) i think youll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dat destroyer isn't "overkill". each question is there to teach you and test you. Doing them is a sure way of doing better on the ochem section. There is a lot of hard stuff in that book but everything is there for a reason! keep up the good work and don't lose heart. Just know your basic ochem stuff (no pun intended), if you've watched all of chads, taken notes, and do destroyer diligently (dont just burn through the book in a day) i think youll be fine.
My whole point was basically saying it isn't overkill.

Did a few problems and noticed there are a few questions that are a bit out there that I never learned before and was wondering are these on the DAT or what inspired @orgoman22 to come up with those questions? Were they on the previous DAT?
For example I did about 100 or so questions in a few hours a last week and probably got really caught up on a couple maybe less than 3 maybe 2 idk (Everything else I learned and made sense). For example one asked about peroxide initiators and it causes a molecule to polymerize. This is something I never saw before and it just bobbled my mind and wondered Orgoman probably put this question in there because it might have been asked in the past. I guess my question is what I asked before is this on the DAT and can they ask such a random question lol? These are the only problems that suck because you never learned about them, but all the other problems are fair.

Also I've heard people say the destroyer for OC is overkill (including myself before trying it haha) compared to the DAT but most of the problems I know how to handle and I don't think it's really that hard, they are pretty simple problems. I took extensive notes though so I would be prepared for almost anything except peroxide initiators haha. Also Chad isn't enough to do well in destroyer so supplement with something else (that's the tip). For those who feel destroyed by the destroyer, it's probably because chad isn't sufficient content review for it, and not because you suck at OC.

I literally did all of ochem odyssey and dat destroyer ochem and every other practice problem I did after felt like a joke. BTW some of the random stuff in dat destroyer ochem DOES appear on DAT (i.e. color reagents to determine what the mystery molecule is like tollens reagent)