DAT Breakdown 23AA/23TS/22PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyu1526

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Kind of long sorryz.

So I took my DAT on Friday, July 10, and thought it would be appropriate to share my breakdown with you (both my study breakdown and mental breakdown). SDN was a great place to figure out exactly how to study for this test, and I cannot be more grateful to those that have contributed their tactics. I hope mine will help those who seem consumed with worry that you can’t do it bc quite frankly...

There are so many breakdowns on here that are like “Ya I averaged 20’s on my practice tests and got a 25 on the actual” but like. Ok. My averages were around 17-18. I took the 2009 DAT (web version) and got 16 TS. And 2 days before my actual, I took the 2007 sample DAT bc everyone is like, “oh yeah that test is a confidence booster;” I got half the bio section wrong; 8 wrong on GChem; 7 wrong on Ochem, and I was like YEAH OK CONFIDENCE BOOSTER MY A**. But I had already spent $100 rescheduling my test from June 30th to July 10th, and wasn’t too keen on spending another $100… so I just went for it. (I knew I had studied rigorously... I think honestly I had just been super tired/sleep deprived for the 2007/2009 tests, hence the low scores. Make sure you sleep, is moral of the story.)

PAT: 22
QR: 21
RC: 21
Bio: 22
G Chem: 29
O Chem: 22
TS: 23
AA: 23

Time Period: June 5 – July 9 (~4 weeks bc I took a few days to work on my PS as well as go in to shadow or do random activities like bungee jumping lol) BUT the last 2.5 weeks, I was sleeping an average of 5 hours. My circadian rhythm adjusted to going to sleep at 7am, and waking up at 12-1pm. It was kind of nice in a way because no one uses social media or is like… awake. I was super productive because there were no distractions haha. Also, I blasted music and had mini dance parties just to keep my sanity. Again, this isn’t for everyone but I just went with the flow. 2 days before my test though, I made sure to try and readjust since my test was scheduled for 9:15 am.

Materials Used:
1. Ferali’s Bio Notes (Bless you beautiful soul, you. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Cannot recommend using this enough. I majored in Biology, so this was great to cover all the specifics that I needed to know. Not sure how it goes for non-science majors -- May need additional resources. My school used Campbell’s Biology as our main textbook for our General Bio classes, and the diagrams in his notes were all already familiar so that was nice)
2. DAT Destroyer (So great. I think some questions from the bio section actually showed up on the real test from this book – Thank you for a great resource.)
3. Bootcamp (Initially, I was so depressed from this program – see scores below – but I think it is a fantastic resource if used properly. Aka to actually assess your knowledge AFTER you've reviewed)
4. Chad’s Videos (I have him to thank for my gchem and ochem scores. Seriously.)
5. QVault (Only biology) (Fun – great for extra practice to see where you stand. I bought this literally 3 days before my actual test and just burned through them to see what score I could get. Donno if this is the smartest way to use QVault tho lol)
6. Crack DAT PAT (I found the tips they gave pretty useful, esp cube counting. Would recommend. Only used for PAT though, so idk about the other sections. Very representative of the actual test program.. like the format of the program. As soon as I started the test, I was like, oh this looks exactly like Crack DAT. I found that oddly comforting. Weird? Maybe.)

(I also bought Math Destroyer but tbh I did not use it... at all. Probably would have helped to do it but I actually kind of forgot I had it until the last few days before my test and was like “oh my bad.”)

What I did on the last day: I think this is important because my nerves were the worst the last few days. I felt like throwing up and crying all the time. I thought I was going to fail. And I was scared sh*tless because I felt like I had been studying so hard, but what if I got bad scores after all that effort? But trust me. If you put in the work, it will pay off. It’s normal to get discouraged, but just make sure you come back quickly. You got this. So.. on the last day, I went over Ferali’s notes for the second time, and got a mani/pedi. Then I drove around my city in my car and just recited the things I learned from Ferali’s notes (I’m a very visual learner so I would imagine the actual page in the notes that I was reciting information from). It really helped to confirm I knew my bio, especially after getting such depressing scores from my practice tests. I did one section of Bootcamp Bio for the third time just to give myself a mini confidence boost, since I had those questions memorized, but seeing that 30 on the screen was really nice.

Then right before I went to sleep, I decided to figure out a few key math questions: compound/simple interest, the stupid circle for sin/cos, and combination/permutation equations. I went to bed at 11, fell asleep at 1:30 because of anxiety, and woke up around 6. Ate some oatmeal and got to my test center 2.5 hours earlier lolz. I sat in my car looking at Ferali’s notes again just for random bolded terms that I skimmed over the day before. This worked for me – I fully believe going over these bio notes right before the test helped my bio score tremendously. Maybe it was short term memory – but hey, I’ll take it. Oh, also. I took 5 minutes to stand like superman before going into the test center. I told myself I could do it. Stole the concept from Grey’s Anatomy heheh. I think it helped.

Here’s a breakdown by section.

Biology: If you are/were a Bio major, I think using Ferali’s is all you really need. Like, his notes are gold. I do also give credit to my great bio professors – I took a bacteria seminar, biochem, and an advanced molecular bio seminar my last semester of college which I think really helped because I could remember my professors saying like “Restriction endonucleases cut specific fragments of DNA” and things about endospores and whatnot. Something about endospores actually came up on my actual. It was great.
Initially, I was kind of a prick and was like “Nah, I don’t need to study Biology. I was a bio major!” And then I took a practice set on Bootcamp and got a 13. So I freaked out and started reading through Ferali’s (Highlighted and made some flashcards, maybe around 50-60. Took about 3 days to go through it all thoroughly once), did Destroyer (took about 3 days to complete bio section. Got about 75% right), and did the rest of the sections on Bootcamp. It helped tremendously, as you can see by the upward trend.
Bootcamp scores: 13/16/19/17/18
(2nd run 1 week later: 30/28/30/28/28. Short term memory maybe but I screen shot every question I got wrong, along with the reasoning, and studied those. I made sure I understood why I got it wrong.)
Qvault Scores (Taken 2 days before actual): 19/18/16/20/18/18/19/22/16/19 AVG: 18.5
Actual: 22

Gen Chem: Wow I don’t know how I got 29. I’ve always been more of a chemistry person than biology; I like math… but 29?? Not complaining though, I'll take it. I love Chad’s videos – he really knows how to teach. Using his videos and running through his quizzes every so often really keeps your chemistry knowledge fresh in your brain. I did Gchem destroyer once, and felt it was pretty reasonable. I got around 60% correct, and went over ones I got wrong. Gen Chem Destroyer took about 1.5 days. I then did Bootcamp.
Bootcamp: 18/20/18/16/19 (2nd run 2 weeks later: 30/27/X/14/X) I got frustrated with Test #4 – like wth?? So after going through Chad’s videos a 2nd time, I took that one for the 3rd time and got a 24.
Actual: 29

Ochem: I was really nervous for Ochem. I remember opening up Destroyer Ochem section and looking at the first three problems and giving up bc I didn’t know anything. I took all of ochem over the summer in the span of 9 weeks a year prior, and I had forgotten a LOT of it. This was a main focus of my studies from the get-go since I knew I was super weak in it. I watched Chad’s videos once, didn’t really pay attention. Tried Bootcamp test #1, realized I still knew nothing, so I watched Chad’s for a second time and took a lot of notes. This really brought it home and I realized that passive learning wasn’t going to cut it. You really have to apply yourself. I then did Destroyer ochem once, studied the ones I got wrong (I got about 40% on the first run), and then did it again one week later (I got about 60% right). I compared what I got wrong the first and second time, and realized I made a lot of the same mistakes, so I went back and studied those. Each run took about 2.5 days.
Ochem: 10(lawlz got so depressed)/16/17/20/21 (No 2nd run)

PAT: I felt really comfortable with PAT after doing Crack DAT PAT. I didn’t record my scores but I was consistently getting 22-23. I started this program way back in December because I told myself I was going to “start studying early” (hahahaha yeah right) so my “studying” was doing Crack DAT PAT. I found this section pretty fun and got the hang of it – to the point where I was comfortable not using grids for hole punch. BUT I do recommend doing grids initially and continue to do so – don’t be an arse like me since it will likely deter mistakes. (I drew out the grids during the actual test bc I finished the science section a few min early, but I didn’t use them… maybe I should have idk).
Keyholes were really kind of hard… I would look at the shape and be like uh yeah that doesn’t fit in any of these. I had learned to focus on specific proportions on Crack DAT and on Bootcamp, but sometimes, the proportions were off for ALL the holes. Like what. So I just made the best guess. This section kind of really threw me off.
TFE: Just make sure the dashed and solid lines match up. I don’t really know what to say about this section bc these kinds of problems kind of came naturally to me. I have an easy time picturing the shapes in my head.
I love the cube counting section – I use the method that most people use I think: Make a T Chart, 1-5 on one side of the chart, and just tally mark the cubes according to side #. Word of advice though: Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t expect there to be so few questions per “Figure.” Like I would count all the sides of the first figure, and only get 2 questions on it, and the 3rd question would be about a totally new figure, but I wouldn’t realize it and answer for Figure A. Does that make sense? Just make sure you’re answering the question for the right Figure is all I’m saying. I luckily had 9 minutes left to re-check my cubes, and caught several mistakes because of this.
Angles have always been kind of hit-or-miss for me, so I kind of just leaned back in my chair and let my eyes do the work. I never look at the options until I’ve determined an order. When your order isn’t even an option, it’s like aw **** but then just like.. wing it and hope there’s one that’s close to your order. This is my method for angles hahah. There’s probably a better way out there.
PFThis section wasn’t too bad I don’t think. There was one that showed up where there seemed to be too many sides in the unfolded figure, but then the folded options either had too few or too made required sides to make that specific shape. I got stuck on this one and was so confused. I probably just didn’t count the sides correctly but I thought, if there’s more sides in the unfolded might as well go with the shape that requires more sides right?? Even if it’s not enough?? Maybe. IDK.
Bootcamp Perceptual: 21/20/Didn’t do the others

QR: I didn’t study for QR much to be honest. I did 2 Bootcamp tests and called it. The night before my test I flipped through the QR section in Destroyer to see if there were any problems that I didn’t know how to attack at all (aka combination problems, and simple interest/compound interest problems). I’ve always been pretty good at algebra and geometry, so I kind of banked on that. If I could go back though, I would actually do practice problems for this. I rote-memorized the stupid circle with sin/cos values, which didn’t even show up on my test (but, you should know it!). I also regret not knowing conversions… like I got how many meters in x amount of yards and I didn’t know the conversion for that, so I ended up taking the number of yards they gave me and multiplying it by each option, and chose the one that looked the most reasonable. Lol I think that worked, but it would have been better to have just known. The best thing to do honestly is to tackle the ones you know how to do. If you don’t know how to do a problem, mark an answer that looks most reasonable, mark the question, and move on. Go back to it if you have time leftover. This was the advice given by many others on SDN that I noticed were getting pretty solid scores, so I followed suit.
Bootcamp: 18/19/----
Actual: 21

Reading Comp: Ok so… I totally regret trying the outline method I think that’s what it’s called? Like as you read the passage, you note key words. I took way too much time jotting down what I thought were key words. EVERYTHING WAS A KEY WORD TO ME. Idk maybe I did this method wrong, but I think I would have been better off just focusing and reading the passage and answering the questions. I hear that this method works for some people, and doesn’t for others – it didn’t for me. I should have tried it on a practice exam but stupid me tried it on the actual. I mean, I did pretty similarly to my practice scores but I had this weird feeling in my stomach after that section thinking that I really didn’t do well. I ran out of time and didn’t get to answer 3 questions. I took too much time jotting down notes… luckily I did fine but it left me with an uneasy feeling as I started the QR section.
Bootcamp: 21/20/19/23/21

Last thought: I totally had no idea your score comes up after you finish the short survey on quality of the test and testing center. I clicked “finish” or whatever, expecting the program to just quit and for me to go up to the desk and have to wait a few minutes for them to print out my scores, but then it just popped up on my screen and my eyes grew so big, I was in so much shock. It’s just kind of rude!!!! But I mean I’m very happy with my scores.. I just thought what the heck that was mean.

Anyway… Good luck to all of you who read this and are taking your test soon, I hope this helped – You can do it. Worry is normal, and to an extent, it is good. You should be worried. Just make sure that it drives you. Set a goal. Mine was 25. Yeah, I didn't get it, but setting a high standard will only make you reach further. Study hard, and you will see results. Don’t get so discouraged when you get a 14 on a practice test – I know this was a big thing for me. Take a low practice score and motivate yourself to do better next time. You’ll be fine. Stand like superman.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
This is amazing! Im glad to hear everything went well for you, despite your previous experiences with the practice exams. Truly remarkable work!

Reactions: 1 user
I read your breakdown. I almost cry for you man. I am taking my test soon. I took 1 bootcamp and I felf extremely shocked with my hard work lately.
Man, you got this. Hard works pays off.
Congratulation on your scores from the bottom of my heart. My eyes are watering for your breakdown.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Kind of long sorryz.

So I took my DAT on Friday, July 10, and thought it would be appropriate to share my breakdown with you (both my study breakdown and mental breakdown). SDN was a great place to figure out exactly how to study for this test, and I cannot be more grateful to those that have contributed their tactics. I hope mine will help those who seem consumed with worry that you can’t do it bc quite frankly...

There are so many breakdowns on here that are like “Ya I averaged 20’s on my practice tests and got a 25 on the actual” but like. Ok. My averages were around 17-18. I took the 2009 DAT (web version) and got 16 TS. And 2 days before my actual, I took the 2007 sample DAT bc everyone is like, “oh yeah that test is a confidence booster;” I got half the bio section wrong; 8 wrong on GChem; 7 wrong on Ochem, and I was like YEAH OK CONFIDENCE BOOSTER MY A**. But I had already spent $100 rescheduling my test from June 30th to July 10th, and wasn’t too keen on spending another $100… so I just went for it. (I knew I had studied rigorously... I think honestly I had just been super tired/sleep deprived for the 2007/2009 tests, hence the low scores. Make sure you sleep, is moral of the story.)

PAT: 22
QR: 21
RC: 21
Bio: 22
G Chem: 29
O Chem: 22
TS: 23
AA: 23

Time Period: June 5 – July 9 (~4 weeks bc I took a few days to work on my PS as well as go in to shadow or do random activities like bungee jumping lol) BUT the last 2.5 weeks, I was sleeping an average of 5 hours. My circadian rhythm adjusted to going to sleep at 7am, and waking up at 12-1pm. It was kind of nice in a way because no one uses social media or is like… awake. I was super productive because there were no distractions haha. Also, I blasted music and had mini dance parties just to keep my sanity. Again, this isn’t for everyone but I just went with the flow. 2 days before my test though, I made sure to try and readjust since my test was scheduled for 9:15 am.

Materials Used:
1. Ferali’s Bio Notes (Bless you beautiful soul, you. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Cannot recommend using this enough. I majored in Biology, so this was great to cover all the specifics that I needed to know. Not sure how it goes for non-science majors -- May need additional resources. My school used Campbell’s Biology as our main textbook for our General Bio classes, and the diagrams in his notes were all already familiar so that was nice)
2. DAT Destroyer (So great. I think some questions from the bio section actually showed up on the real test from this book – Thank you for a great resource.)
3. Bootcamp (Initially, I was so depressed from this program – see scores below – but I think it is a fantastic resource if used properly. Aka to actually assess your knowledge AFTER you've reviewed)
4. Chad’s Videos (I have him to thank for my gchem and ochem scores. Seriously.)
5. QVault (Only biology) (Fun – great for extra practice to see where you stand. I bought this literally 3 days before my actual test and just burned through them to see what score I could get. Donno if this is the smartest way to use QVault tho lol)
6. Crack DAT PAT (I found the tips they gave pretty useful, esp cube counting. Would recommend. Only used for PAT though, so idk about the other sections. Very representative of the actual test program.. like the format of the program. As soon as I started the test, I was like, oh this looks exactly like Crack DAT. I found that oddly comforting. Weird? Maybe.)

(I also bought Math Destroyer but tbh I did not use it... at all. Probably would have helped to do it but I actually kind of forgot I had it until the last few days before my test and was like “oh my bad.”)

What I did on the last day: I think this is important because my nerves were the worst the last few days. I felt like throwing up and crying all the time. I thought I was going to fail. And I was scared sh*tless because I felt like I had been studying so hard, but what if I got bad scores after all that effort? But trust me. If you put in the work, it will pay off. It’s normal to get discouraged, but just make sure you come back quickly. You got this. So.. on the last day, I went over Ferali’s notes for the second time, and got a mani/pedi. Then I drove around my city in my car and just recited the things I learned from Ferali’s notes (I’m a very visual learner so I would imagine the actual page in the notes that I was reciting information from). It really helped to confirm I knew my bio, especially after getting such depressing scores from my practice tests. I did one section of Bootcamp Bio for the third time just to give myself a mini confidence boost, since I had those questions memorized, but seeing that 30 on the screen was really nice.

Then right before I went to sleep, I decided to figure out a few key math questions: compound/simple interest, the stupid circle for sin/cos, and combination/permutation equations. I went to bed at 11, fell asleep at 1:30 because of anxiety, and woke up around 6. Ate some oatmeal and got to my test center 2.5 hours earlier lolz. I sat in my car looking at Ferali’s notes again just for random bolded terms that I skimmed over the day before. This worked for me – I fully believe going over these bio notes right before the test helped my bio score tremendously. Maybe it was short term memory – but hey, I’ll take it. Oh, also. I took 5 minutes to stand like superman before going into the test center. I told myself I could do it. Stole the concept from Grey’s Anatomy heheh. I think it helped.

Here’s a breakdown by section.

Biology: If you are/were a Bio major, I think using Ferali’s is all you really need. Like, his notes are gold. I do also give credit to my great bio professors – I took a bacteria seminar, biochem, and an advanced molecular bio seminar my last semester of college which I think really helped because I could remember my professors saying like “Restriction endonucleases cut specific fragments of DNA” and things about endospores and whatnot. Something about endospores actually came up on my actual. It was great.
Initially, I was kind of a prick and was like “Nah, I don’t need to study Biology. I was a bio major!” And then I took a practice set on Bootcamp and got a 13. So I freaked out and started reading through Ferali’s (Highlighted and made some flashcards, maybe around 50-60. Took about 3 days to go through it all thoroughly once), did Destroyer (took about 3 days to complete bio section. Got about 75% right), and did the rest of the sections on Bootcamp. It helped tremendously, as you can see by the upward trend.
Bootcamp scores: 13/16/19/17/18
(2nd run 1 week later: 30/28/30/28/28. Short term memory maybe but I screen shot every question I got wrong, along with the reasoning, and studied those. I made sure I understood why I got it wrong.)
Qvault Scores (Taken 2 days before actual): 19/18/16/20/18/18/19/22/16/19 AVG: 18.5

Gen Chem: Wow I don’t know how I got 29. I’ve always been more of a chemistry person than biology; I like math… but 29?? Not complaining though, I'll take it. I love Chad’s videos – he really knows how to teach. Using his videos and running through his quizzes every so often really keeps your chemistry knowledge fresh in your brain. I did Gchem destroyer once, and felt it was pretty reasonable. I got around 60% correct, and went over ones I got wrong. Gen Chem Destroyer took about 1.5 days. I then did Bootcamp.
Bootcamp: 18/20/18/16/19 (2nd run 2 weeks later: 30/27/X/14/X) I got frustrated with Test #4 – like wth?? So after going through Chad’s videos a 2nd time, I took that one for the 3rd time and got a 24.
Actual: 29

Ochem: I was really nervous for Ochem. I remember opening up Destroyer Ochem section and looking at the first three problems and giving up bc I didn’t know anything. I took all of ochem over the summer in the span of 9 weeks a year prior, and I had forgotten a LOT of it. This was a main focus of my studies from the get-go since I knew I was super weak in it. I watched Chad’s videos once, didn’t really pay attention. Tried Bootcamp test #1, realized I still knew nothing, so I watched Chad’s for a second time and took a lot of notes. This really brought it home and I realized that passive learning wasn’t going to cut it. You really have to apply yourself. I then did Destroyer ochem once, studied the ones I got wrong (I got about 40% on the first run), and then did it again one week later (I got about 60% right). I compared what I got wrong the first and second time, and realized I made a lot of the same mistakes, so I went back and studied those. Each run took about 2.5 days.
Ochem: 10(lawlz got so depressed)/16/17/20/21 (No 2nd run)

PAT: I felt really comfortable with PAT after doing Crack DAT PAT. I didn’t record my scores but I was consistently getting 22-23. I started this program way back in December because I told myself I was going to “start studying early” (hahahaha yeah right) so my “studying” was doing Crack DAT PAT. I found this section pretty fun and got the hang of it – to the point where I was comfortable not using grids for hole punch. BUT I do recommend doing grids initially and continue to do so – don’t be an arse like me since it will likely deter mistakes. (I drew out the grids during the actual test bc I finished the science section a few min early, but I didn’t use them… maybe I should have idk).
Keyholes were really kind of hard… I would look at the shape and be like uh yeah that doesn’t fit in any of these. I had learned to focus on specific proportions on Crack DAT and on Bootcamp, but sometimes, the proportions were off for ALL the holes. Like what. So I just made the best guess. This section kind of really threw me off.
TFE: Just make sure the dashed and solid lines match up. I don’t really know what to say about this section bc these kinds of problems kind of came naturally to me. I have an easy time picturing the shapes in my head.
I love the cube counting section – I use the method that most people use I think: Make a T Chart, 1-5 on one side of the chart, and just tally mark the cubes according to side #. Word of advice though: Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t expect there to be so few questions per “Figure.” Like I would count all the sides of the first figure, and only get 2 questions on it, and the 3rd question would be about a totally new figure, but I wouldn’t realize it and answer for Figure A. Does that make sense? Just make sure you’re answering the question for the right Figure is all I’m saying. I luckily had 9 minutes left to re-check my cubes, and caught several mistakes because of this.
Angles have always been kind of hit-or-miss for me, so I kind of just leaned back in my chair and let my eyes do the work. I never look at the options until I’ve determined an order. When your order isn’t even an option, it’s like aw **** but then just like.. wing it and hope there’s one that’s close to your order. This is my method for angles hahah. There’s probably a better way out there.
PFThis section wasn’t too bad I don’t think. There was one that showed up where there seemed to be too many sides in the unfolded figure, but then the folded options either had too few or too made required sides to make that specific shape. I got stuck on this one and was so confused. I probably just didn’t count the sides correctly but I thought, if there’s more sides in the unfolded might as well go with the shape that requires more sides right?? Even if it’s not enough?? Maybe. IDK.
Bootcamp Perceptual: 21/20/Didn’t do the others

QR: I didn’t study for QR much to be honest. I did 2 Bootcamp tests and called it. The night before my test I flipped through the QR section in Destroyer to see if there were any problems that I didn’t know how to attack at all (aka combination problems, and simple interest/compound interest problems). I’ve always been pretty good at algebra and geometry, so I kind of banked on that. If I could go back though, I would actually do practice problems for this. I rote-memorized the stupid circle with sin/cos values, which didn’t even show up on my test (but, you should know it!). I also regret not knowing conversions… like I got how many meters in x amount of yards and I didn’t know the conversion for that, so I ended up taking the number of yards they gave me and multiplying it by each option, and chose the one that looked the most reasonable. Lol I think that worked, but it would have been better to have just known. The best thing to do honestly is to tackle the ones you know how to do. If you don’t know how to do a problem, mark an answer that looks most reasonable, mark the question, and move on. Go back to it if you have time leftover. This was the advice given by many others on SDN that I noticed were getting pretty solid scores, so I followed suit.
Bootcamp: 18/19/----

Reading Comp: Ok so… I totally regret trying the outline method I think that’s what it’s called? Like as you read the passage, you note key words. I took way too much time jotting down what I thought were key words. EVERYTHING WAS A KEY WORD TO ME. Idk maybe I did this method wrong, but I think I would have been better off just focusing and reading the passage and answering the questions. I hear that this method works for some people, and doesn’t for others – it didn’t for me. I should have tried it on a practice exam but stupid me tried it on the actual. I mean, I did pretty similarly to my practice scores but I had this weird feeling in my stomach after that section thinking that I really didn’t do well. I ran out of time and didn’t get to answer 3 questions. I took too much time jotting down notes… luckily I did fine but it left me with an uneasy feeling as I started the QR section.
Bootcamp: 21/20/19/23/21

Last thought: I totally had no idea your score comes up after you finish the short survey on quality of the test and testing center. I clicked “finish” or whatever, expecting the program to just quit and for me to go up to the desk and have to wait a few minutes for them to print out my scores, but then it just popped up on my screen and my eyes grew so big, I was in so much shock. It’s just kind of rude!!!! But I mean I’m very happy with my scores.. I just thought what the heck that was mean.

Anyway… Good luck to all of you who read this and are taking your test soon, I hope this helped – You can do it. Worry is normal, and to an extent, it is good. You should be worried. Just make sure that it drives you. Set a goal. Mine was 25. Yeah, I didn't get it, but setting a high standard will only make you reach further. Study hard, and you will see results. Don’t get so discouraged when you get a 14 on a practice test – I know this was a big thing for me. Take a low practice score and motivate yourself to do better next time. You’ll be fine. Stand like superman.

Congratulations! :clap:

Fantastic scores and excellent advice for students that are studying for the DAT! Love your quote "Stand Like Superman", it indeed takes super man study strength to excel on the DAT..You clearly understood there are no short cuts to a high DAT score; you put in the hard work and it paid off HUGE!

We are delighted you found the DAT Destroyer helpful in your preparation for the DAT

Wishing you the best..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Reactions: 1 users
Omg thank you so much for your post!!!
I'm studying for my DAT right now and I was getting so depressed reading everyone else's tests scores for Bootcamp/Qvault ect. because I wasn't even in the 20's for any of them!! :(
You are seriously such an encouragement - THANK YOU

Reactions: 1 user