Dallas area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with any info on groups in Dallas?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone with any info on groups in Dallas?
Yeah, they are cannibals. The private practice groups want at least a three year track where they take at least 30% of your money, then graduate it yearly.
If you do get into a good group though, the reimbursement is awesome I hear.
I am sure you already know this though.

Unfortunately, there are several Megagroups, i.e. Pinnacle, that dominate the Dallas Market. There are still a few private groups in the city. However, few are hiring partners.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with Pinnacle in Denton about two years ago. They offered me 200k then 210 then 220 then partnership. Whatever that means in an AMC. And they have horrible non competes. Like you have to leave the metroplex if you leave

I interviewed with Pinnacle in Denton about two years ago. They offered me 200k then 210 then 220 then partnership. Whatever that means in an AMC. And they have horrible non competes. Like you have to leave the metroplex if you leave

Wow. Just wow. Partnership better be 600+ for that kind of buy-in.

My friend is doing locums at the academic residency program (UTSW). Might as well do that amyl. They are doing decent for academics.

Hey guys I'm actually a Partner in Pinnacle/USAP. Honestly any major metropolitan area in Texas is a 3 year partnership. When I was looking in Dallas, Houston , Galvaston, anywhere around these areas all have a 3 year partnership. Sorry it's just the way it is for the region and all groups charge that. Benefit is no state tax, great place to live and the major big groups have the best contract negotiation rates. I'm not going to tell you what I make but I will tell you as an associate in the 3 year track I made less than anyone else I graduated with. Now that I'm a partner I have done really well compared to others I graduated with. Partnership is not a for sure thing but honestly it shouldn't be. If you show up late , can't get along with surgeons , and I can't trust you in a room, I don't want partners that jeopardize the business and Patients. If someone is serious about wanting to join our group we are hiring currently, both partnership and non partnership. Non partnership you're looking at 300k with max 350k after 3 years. Just message me and we can talk.

Last edited: