Dalhousie Pharmacy 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine also says "written notification to follow". I REALLY hope we find out asap! Good luck everyone!

Just curious- Hasn't "written notification to follow" under the application data section stayed that way since April when we had our interviews ? It was mentioned previously in this thread back in April.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats thats awesome!! How were you notified? Email or letter?

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Those of you who already received your acceptance letters... are you maritimes or OOP students?? Just wondering :)

Nothing for me :( I wonder how they do the emails, like in what order.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to both of you! Do either of you mind sharing your stats?

Hopefully the rest of us hear soon too :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to those who got accepted!! :)

Nothing for me either! But hopefully the rest of us will hear good news soon!

Last edited:
I got my acceptance letter by email yesterday morning! For those interested, I have a 4.18 through 3 years of a BSc and I thought my interview went good.
They want our decision by July 10th, so I'm assuming rejection letters won't be sent out until after that date.
Congrats to the others accepted and good luck to the rest!

Do you think it means you didn't get in if you didn't get an email yesterday?

Do you think it means you didn't get in if you didn't get an email yesterday?
I don't think so. My theory is that they sent out acceptance letters to the top 90 applicants and gave us a deadline (July 10th) to accept/decline. So say only 70 out of 90 accept, the next 20 applicants will be admitted and at that point, the others will be either waitlisted or rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so. My theory is that they sent out acceptance letters to the top 90 applicants and gave us a deadline (July 10th) to accept/decline. So say only 70 out of 90 accept, the next 20 applicants will be admitted and at that point, the others will be either waitlisted or rejected.

So do you think all 90 heard yesterday ?

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
I am from Nova Scotia. Have been doing my undergrad at Dal and just finished my fourth year.
I have been applying to Dalhousie's Pharmacy program since first year.

First year - No Interview
Second Year - Interview (I think I did okay, maybe a little below average), no acceptance.
Third Year - Interview (I think I did good), no acceptance.
Fourth Year - Interview (I think it was my best interview yet), acceptance!

My GPA is a 3.8 overall.
I have really improved my grades the past two years.
3rd and 4th year fall & winter GPA's --> 4.06, 4.22, 4.24, 4.0

*** You just have to keep trying!! Eventually you will get in :) ***

Thanks for sharing! Really helps :) and congrats again!!

Has anyone heard anything since Friday?

I heard about two hours ago ! Got accepted. I have a BSc undergrad degree in chemistry with a 4.18 GPA . I am from Nova Scotia, and I felt confident about the interview.

They will be continuing until Wednesday. I was stressing all weekend, so don't worry there is still hope !

Reactions: 4 users
I heard about two hours ago ! Got accepted. I have a BSc undergrad degree in chemistry with a 4.18 GPA . I am from Nova Scotia, and I felt confident about the interview.

They will be continuing until Wednesday. I was stressing all weekend, so don't worry there is still hope !

Congratulations! And thank you for the info, that's really reassuring :)

I just received my rejection letter, so best of luck to the rest of you!

Last edited:
Also just got wait listed! They didn't tell me what # I am on the wait list. Does anyone who has been wait listed before know if they will tell you? Also do they wait list everyone or just a few? Congrats to those who received acceptances!!

Also just got wait listed! They didn't tell me what # I am on the wait list. Anyone who has been wait listed before know if they will tell you? Also do they wait list everyone or just a few? Congrats to those who received acceptances!!
They didn't tell me my number on the waitlist either! I wonder how many applicants they put on the waitlist, fingers crossed!

Hello! :) I also received an acceptance email on Friday (June 23)! For those interested, I graduated from MSVU last year with a Bsc. in Science Communication and a 3.5GPA. It was my first interview, and it must have went well. I can't wait to meet some of you in September, and wish the best of luck to those who have yet to be accepted.

Does anyone have any statistics about the waitlist? I haven't been able to find out any information about it! I am praying that a spot will open up for me!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone.
Just learned about this forum recently. Is there anyone else who hasn't gotten a response yet? Getting pretty anxious!!

Did anyone on here apply to any other schools?

has anyone else not heard back yet? I just finished a spring course that was required as a pre-requisite so im still waiting!

Last edited:
Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back yet? Either # on the list, or an acceptance?