Dalhousie Pharmacy 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarpeDiem247

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I figured I would get the forum started for this year. Feel free to post your stats, updates if you get an interview or not, or questions for anyone!

This is my second year applying, I got an interview last year, but didn't end up getting in. I'm a third-year student at UPEI and my cGPA is 3.83 currently. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!! I am a third year student applying for the first time from UPEI. Does anyone know when the usually call for interviews?

Hello!! I am a third year student applying for the first time from UPEI. Does anyone know when the usually call for interviews?
It was around the end of March last year! But I've heard it can sometimes be early April as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay! Do you know how many people apply, vs how many people get an interview?

Also applied for the second time this year- graduated BSc. Bio 2014- low GPA with upgraded courses (and frankly, I haven't recalculated, but eI'm guessing my GPA is probably around 3.2 - 3.5 at this point).

ohokay - good luck! Did anyone receive a call for an interview?

I am applying for the first time! Haven't heard yet! 3.7 cumulative GPA after 3 years at St.FX! Has anyone heard yet?

I haven't heard anything yet, my fingers are crossed for everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I was talking with our PIC at work and he received a call from Dal asking for interviewers- and he seems to think that the calls will start this week...who knows! Best of luck everyone!!

Edit for clarity: PIC= Pharmacist in Charge (basically a manager) and calls this week for interview offers- they most likely are still getting all of the interviewers and alumni situated for the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything yet!? good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone else applied online and if your application status says "Incomplete items outstanding"? I am not sure why it says that, as I am sure I submitted everything! Anyone know why this could be?

Mine says that too!! Not sure why though - i think everyones say that lol

Just wondering if anyone else applied online and if your application status says "Incomplete items outstanding"? I am not sure why it says that, as I am sure I submitted everything! Anyone know why this could be?

Hey, I don't see that on my application at all?!

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 12.58.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 12.52.45 PM.png

My application status is right above the decision section! Not sure why it doesn't show up on yours

Now you've got me worried! haha I'm technically a Dal student now (took an online class)- perhaps that's why? They have all my info?! Who knows! They need to start those damn calls!!

Now you've got me worried! haha I'm technically a Dal student now (took an online class)- perhaps that's why? They have all my info?! Who knows! They need to start those damn calls!!
Haha I'm sure thats why lol! Exactly,ya they would. Yes i agree!! Very anxious lol

Got the call! Anyone else hear yet? Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got the call on Friday! Anyone else hear yet? Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear !!
Exciting! Hope to see you there ! Also, I'm curious if they do it in alphabetical order? What is the first letter of your last name (if you feel comfortable sharing, of course!)?

Exciting! Hope to see you there ! Also, I'm curious if they do it in alphabetical order? What is the first letter of your last name (if you feel comfortable sharing, of course!)?

Last edited:
I just got a call as well! Hope to see you all there :)

Congrats! When they called me they said they would email me to confirm I was coming to the interview but I haven't received the email yet! Just wondering if anyone knows if it usually takes a few days for the email or if I should call them?

Congrats! When they called me they said they would email me to confirm I was coming to the interview but I haven't received the email yet! Just wondering if anyone knows if it usually takes a few days for the email or if I should call them?
Congrats to you too! She told me I'd probably get the e-mail in 5-7 business days, so I wouldn't worry unless you don't get it within the next week or so, then maybe call

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is because we still have to submit our final transcripts with our current semester marks in order for the application to be complete.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is because we still have to submit our final transcripts with our current semester marks in order for the application to be complete.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is because we still have to submit our final transcripts with our current semester marks in order for the application to be complete. Since you are already a Dal student, they would have your marks on file, so would not have to wait for your transcript to be submitted. That's just my guess!

Hello! I am a 4th year student from Northern Ontario. I have a 90.44% cumulative average. I received the offer for an interview. I know Dal only accepts about 9 or 10 students from outside of the maritime provinces. Anyone else on here from a province outside of the maritime provinces? Does anyone know how many people in total got an interview this year? I saw on a previous post from 2010 that they only interviewed about 20 OOP applicants, which would be pretty good news for me.

Last edited:
How did everyones interview go? Good luck to everyone in June!!

I think mine went okay. I know I definitely messed up on one for sure! I heard letters go out middle to the end of June?

I think mine went okay. I know I definitely messed up on one for sure! I heard letters go out middle to the end of June?
At least with the MMI you have that fresh start with every question, so one mistake doesn't make a big impact! I believe so, last year they e-mailed people so be sure to keep an eye out there too

At least with the MMI you have that fresh start with every question, so one mistake doesn't make a big impact! I believe so, last year they e-mailed people so be sure to keep an eye out there too
Oh ok! Good to know, thanks!

Last edited:
Ahh I know!! I reallllly hope we find out soon!

Last edited:
Nothing yet for me either! The wait is killing me!

Nothing for me either yet, hopefully everyone gets good news soon!

Last edited:
Hello everyone - I am new to this forum!

Does anyone's online application say "written notification to follow" under decision, or does it say "decision made"? Thanks!

Last edited:
Mine also says "written notification to follow". I read in previous years some people's said "decision made", so just wanted to double check :)

Last edited:
Mine also says "written notification to follow". I REALLY hope we find out asap! Good luck everyone!