Cyber Security Assessment for Small Clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JStevens212

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I was hoping someone could fill me in on how much I might be expected (or should be willing) to pay to have a cyber security consultant come into a small clinic (two M.Ds) and give a general security assessment of the environment. I've seen prices for Security Audits of information systems and IT infrastructures range anywhere from $3000-$10000, but I'm not really sure how good/bad those prices would be compared the what's generally offered.

Has anyone here had cyber security services offered in their own office? Would you say 3-10k was a worthwhile expenditure for the service?

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting question.. but that figure sounds way expensive.

Are they basically checking if your internal lan/router/internet is secured? What services specifically?

If you're pretty handy with computers and can set up a WPA security on your internet/physically lock your devices/have good passwords that change often, you might save some money if that's what they're offering.

Guess it also depends on your EMR whether that's stored on a physical server at your office or on a cloud (if latter, then usually the cloud service helps w/ security).

Interesting question.. but that figure sounds way expensive.

Are they basically checking if your internal lan/router/internet is secured? What services specifically?

If you're pretty handy with computers and can set up a WPA security on your internet/physically lock your devices/have good passwords that change often, you might save some money if that's what they're offering.

Guess it also depends on your EMR whether that's stored on a physical server at your office or on a cloud (if latter, then usually the cloud service helps w/ security).

So the service would be a general security and compliance assessment, followed by the providing of an Information Security policy. I don't think it would be priced that high though...1.5-2k tops. Just wondering how beneficial it would be to have a trained professional come in and provide those kind of deliverables at that price.