Cvs vacation question. Going from full time to part time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

javedk1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am transferring districts and dropping from full time pic to part time(per diem) float and I was wondering since I have used more vacation then I have accrued will I have to pay it back? My spiteful scheduler said I would be billed for vacation that I have used over my accrued vacation if this is the case I'd owe 55 hours in vacation. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know because I have another full time job so if this is the case I'd rather quit...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you will have to owe it back.

If you know you are going to use more vacation than you accrued, you should have a plan to earn that time back. CVS approved your vacation time in good faith. You got paid to be off. You had to earn that time.

You may have to work and the first 55 hours you may not get paid for it, or it will be a negative payment back to the company. You can check with HR or double check with your supervisor.

Well Also they calculated my vacation based on 37.5 hours a week and then they changed my base in February to 40 hours a week which is what i've been working so I wonder if they will count those hours in accruing vacation time......This company is so backwards it hurts....I'm just not gonna show up for my last few shifts this week lol

Members don't see this ad :)
This just got really interesting for me because I had my leave of absence approved by corporate......and now I have my schedule calling me up saying i'm unprofessional and that I am screwing her over and that I should not have requested a leave of absence.....CVS you never seem to amaze me

Quick question....If I were to put in my 2 weeks notice would I still owe on the vacation?

Last edited:
To be fair, this scheduler probably has nothing to do with your vacation use. CVS paycheck is usually 3-4(?) weeks behind, isn't it? It shouldn't be too hard for them to deduct what you owe them from your last check or final payout or if you are continuing as part time, they will figure out a way. Obviously they have no access to your bank account and anything you owe them will have to be done in some corporate/legal manner. Why fight this though? It seems silly to me. I have had my share of fights with CVS but in this, they seem to be on the right side of this argument. I mean I'd love to walk away from jobs with extra 55 hours paid to me but still.

To be fair, this scheduler probably has nothing to do with your vacation use. CVS paycheck is usually 3-4(?) weeks behind, isn't it? It shouldn't be too hard for them to deduct what you owe them from your last check or final payout or if you are continuing as part time, they will figure out a way. Obviously they have no access to your bank account and anything you owe them will have to be done in some corporate/legal manner. Why fight this though? It seems silly to me. I have had my share of fights with CVS but in this, they seem to be on the right side of this argument. I mean I'd love to walk away from jobs with extra 55 hours paid to me but still.

You're Right i'll pay them back if I need to, but my scheduler getting in between my LOA is kind of crossing the line. To be fair the only reason I need the LOA is because I have to go see my sick grandfather for whom I look after since no one else can. I have another full time job lined up now so i'm seriously considering just calling it quits at this point and putting in my 2 weeks notice....only thing holding me back is that I am switching over to Target and the supervisor and the state of California seem far more reasonable then the people i'm dealing with in my current state.

I wouldn't waste my time considering scheduler feelings on this. It happens. You have your LOA approved and doing everything by their book.

CVS to Target? They should be using same HR platform by now. I would be careful there as it might be same employee file that gets transferred to your new district.

I wouldn't waste my time considering scheduler feelings on this. It happens. You have your LOA approved and doing everything by their book.

CVS to Target? They should be using same HR platform by now. I would be careful there as it might be same employee file that gets transferred to your new district.

Yeah I am gonna be careful already considering just putting in a 2 weeks and being done with CVS rather than dealing with their BS anymore.

I know CVS is full of issues, but you were paid for hours you did not work. They have every legal right to get their money back. I would check the policy in the HR manual. It is probably in there somewhere.

My only question is how do those rph who quit cvs get away with using up all their vacation?

Pharmacy is a small world......

Especially when you are going to work for the same company essentially. Becareful

First of all. You need to either consult a lawyer or be conversant in the labor laws of your state. This law and the company policy that covers it will prevail.