CVS cuts off docs who prescribe too many narcotics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration has targeted large pharmacy chains like CVS and rival Walgreen Co, as well as distributors such as Cardinal Health, to stem the flow of prescription drugs where abuse is suspected."

Way to go DEA!!!

Why bother going after the prescribers who are responsible for writing the prescriptions. Nope the good 'ole DEA has a better plan! I guess this is along the lines of shooting the messenger because you don't like the message?

Pharmacies are the vulnerable target. It would be better to go after the actual prescribers than the middlemen. In the entire Milwaukee area, I know of only a half a dozen true problem prescribers. If they were to deal with them, it would be easier on us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say stop going after anyone. They got a script for it, fill it. I don't give a **** if it's gonna be abused, not my problem what the patient does with it. If people wanna get high and addicted, let them.

And when they commit crimes to fuel their addictions or fall sick and end up in a hospital with no insurance or money? Then it becomes your and my problem too.

I say stop going after anyone. They got a script for it, fill it. I don't give a **** if it's gonna be abused, not my problem what the patient does with it. If people wanna get high and addicted, let them.

Good 'ole Sparda...always a good laugh! Has your license been suspended yet? If not you have made it longer than most people on here thought. Its a matter of time...

I'm positive I could name at least 5-6 of these prescribers, probably more.

They actually came out with this new program in NYS where we have to verify prescriptions online to make sure they are legit before filling them. While it is optional..., if we do not do it and filled a fake prescription, we are held that much liable.

Seriously!

I can't imagine that NP and PA having the right to prescribe narc in every state... If these providers are added to system in South FL, it would make life impossible for these pharmacists who have to fill these prescriptions because the physicians are already making hard with their prescribing practice.

h

Last edited:
Oooh, so is this what that "Prescriber is state sanctioned" reject is all about?

I've always thought it was kind of a jerk move to go after you folks assuming you followed the rules (no early refills, checking IDs). Hell, I think that calling an MD about a concern you have regarding a patient and possibly abusing drugs should get you off the hook completely.

I've always thought it was kind of a jerk move to go after you folks assuming you followed the rules (no early refills, checking IDs). Hell, I think that calling an MD about a concern you have regarding a patient and possibly abusing drugs should get you off the hook completely.

Corresponding liability...it's a bitch.