CUSOM Affiliated Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Staphylococcus Aureus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed at one point there was an AOA pediatrics program with cape fear, but some sources have removed the program from their list or it shows no longer accepting applications. Anyone know what the scoop is there or if CUSOM is building any new residencies?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed at one point there was an AOA pediatrics program with cape fear, but some sources have removed the program from their list or it shows no longer accepting applications. Anyone know what the scoop is there or if CUSOM is building any new residencies?

I asked and was told that it was approved by the AOA, but that the PD they had dropped out or there was some kind of hospital politics thing that was pushing stuff back, don't remember exactly what the reason was. The upshot was if I heard right that it's on the back burner for now. I'm not sure they know when and/or if it's going to happen now, they weren't very clear with me on that.

edit: this refers specifically to the Cape Fear pediatric residency. There are several other CUSOM-affiliated residencies that matched residents this year or are in the pipe for the next year or so I think.

Reactions: 1 user