Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Distance as well. It seems there have been more distance than campus on this thread. Do you know how many applicants are usually at the interviews?

I have no idea! I think it's around 10-12. I have noticed a lot of distance people on this thread. I'm nervous because less people get into the distance program than the campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys a little late to this thread but just wanted to to post that I got my rejection letter in the mail. Seems like they don't post the status on the student portal because I have been logging in almost once a day since I applied (Jan 2017). I do admit that I did apply late but it was partly because I was caught up with applications to my state schools and my other top 5 out of state schools. I got accepted to two schools so far and now deciding pros and cons before deciding.

Anyways wish you guys luck on the application process ^^

Reactions: 1 users
Distance as well. It seems there have been more distance than campus on this thread. Do you know how many applicants are usually at the interviews?
Whoops I just looked through the messages from last year and it said that there were about 70 people there on the interview day... I'm sorry haha I was a little off...

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoops I just looked through the messages from last year and it said that there were about 70 people there on the interview day... I'm sorry haha I was a little off...
Oh, Wow. That's not what I was expecting. I liked the 10-12!

Reactions: 1 user
I think it depends on the month. For December, there were about 15 people for distance.

I think the 70 included both distance and campus! But maybe that was also just a very busy interview day

I think the 70 included both distance and campus! But maybe that was also just a very busy interview day
Ya, it would make more sense if it's both. There were about 45-50 applicants (for both) at the December interview.

I got my acceptance letter last week! Distance pathway. Interview was February 17th. Excited to get this started!

I got my acceptance letter last week! Distance pathway. Interview was February 17th. Excited to get this started!
Congratulations!! How exciting! Were there quite a few applicants at your interview? I don't have an interview until the 17th, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

I applied for the distance pathway in January and I never got a rejection or interview, I saw that there was a hold for the January PCAT so I assumed my PCAT score was holding me back. I tried e-mailing them but never heard back, then I recently got an email asking me if I was going to submit a January PCAT which I never said I was going to take. Then I told them that I never intended on retaking the PCAT, they invited me for interview. I already got accepted to my first choice so I will not be interviewing but for anyone waiting to hear back still, try contacting them somehow because there may be some misunderstanding.

I got accepted today after being on the waiting list! God is good!

Sent from my LGLS775 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! How exciting! Were there quite a few applicants at your interview? I don't have an interview until the 17th, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

There were quite a bit of people there. I hope your interview went well!

Just got my acceptance letter today from the March 17th interview! Good luck, everyone!!!

Just received notification of my acceptance to the Class of 2021!!! I look forward to meeting everyone in August

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! When was your interview, if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats! When was your interview, if you don't mind me asking?
Sure I don't mind sharing that info. My interview was last week(April 28).

I interviewed on the 28th too. Just got my acceptance. Here's to hoping there is still some scholarship funds available!

I interviewed on the 28th too. Just got my acceptance. Here's to hoping there is still some scholarship funds available!

Congrats on the acceptance and good luck hopefully you get a scholarship. I'm hoping to get one as well.

Last edited:
Congratz guys on your acceptance, I also got accepted and can't wait to start! :):soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who has been accepted received any info about scholarships? This will probably be the deciding factor on whether I can attend, so I'm hoping to hear back before the deposit is due!

Has anyone who has been accepted received any info about scholarships? This will probably be the deciding factor on whether I can attend, so I'm hoping to hear back before the deposit is due!
I haven't heard anything. I am interested in finding out as well. Also, does anyone know if dorm rooms are available for welcome week?

I haven't heard anything in regards to scholarships, I'm also waiting to see what scholarships I may get and the financial breakdown. However, if I recall correctly, the official letter of acceptance that will be mailed to you should include any scholarships you will get. Hope that helps....
Do any of you guyz know of any scholarships (external)??

Hey, so I ended up deciding that I will be attending regardless. I don't think you will have any information about scholarships and loans awarded till you put down the deposit showing that you will be attending or you are serious about it. But, I could be wrong...

I haven't heard anything. I am interested in finding out as well. Also, does anyone know if dorm rooms are available for welcome week?

I believe the dorms are only available for distance pathway pharmacy students. According to this website(Summer Housing | Residential Life and Housing | Creighton University) it states as much but does specify summer sessions so idk if it would be available welcome week or not but I would imagine so. As for the scholarships, I know some schools send it in the mail with the offer letter and so don't require you put down a deposit first. I would imagine Creighton would do the same but I could be wrong as I have not received my official offer letter in the mail as of yet.

I haven't heard anything in regards to scholarships, I'm also waiting to see what scholarships I may get and the financial breakdown. However, if I recall correctly, the official letter of acceptance that will be mailed to you should include any scholarships you will get. Hope that helps....
Do any of you guyz know of any scholarships (external)??
Have you tried looking at AACP - Financial Aid and Scholarships) You can also look at Creighton's scholarship list (https://apex.creighton.edu/pls/apex/f?p=406:3:0:::::) but I think a majority of them apply to students who are already enrolled in the program.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
They opened up a last minute interview date on the 19th. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the interview process. I haven't heard anything from Creighton about an on-site essay, but I have heard people talk about one. Does Creighton have an on site essay? Also, I have heard that there are a lot of situational questions. Could you give me a couple examples of what you heard? Anything is appreciated. Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't exactly call it an essay. More like a paragraph. Very simple. I think it's basically just to make sure you can express a coherent thought in writing.

I didn't have any situational questions at all. They seemed to genuinely want to get to know me. I was asked what led me to applying there and after that just had a short conversation. I was accepted a week after the interview. It was honestly the least stressful interview I've ever had, jobs and schools alike.

Have you tried looking at AACP - Financial Aid and Scholarships) You can also look at Creighton's scholarship list (https://apex.creighton.edu/pls/apex/f?p=406:3:0:::::) but I think a majority of them apply to students who are already enrolled in the program.
Thanks, J.R, I looked at Creighton's site and it's basically as you stated "for those in the program already", The AACP site has some but either the deadline has passed or the deadline is way too close to start the app and others are for those already in the program. The Tylenol future scholarship seems to be open, hopefully, I will find more. I wish there were lots of scholarships available for prospective Pharmacy students (Someone should come up with a Pharmcorp ...:woot:). Either way I hope we all get some scholarships when our official letters arrive ;-)

Last edited:
Congrats to all those in the class of 2021!! I received my acceptance earlier this month for the distance pathway. Very excited for this journey! I interviewed April 7th. Anyone else here interview that day?

Hi! Congratulations to you all! I decided on attending Creighton after my interview in January and did not get a notice about financial aid until the end of March; it was in an email through the Creighton email account we are given.

I got a reply from Admissions regarding to some of my questions. I will post it here FYI. "If awarded a scholarship, it would have been included in the official offer of admission. Scholarship review is completed at the same time the final decision is made. More information regarding schedules should be in the E-Orientation website. I do not have access to it (you are assigned the class in your BlueLine), but it should be under schedules. Since Welcome Week coincided with freshmen move-in, I do not believe on-campus housing is available (at least that was the case last year). Last year, we set up agreements with nearby hotels that offered a Creighton rate. More information about that should also be included on the E-Orientation website. Shawn Cook is the main contact for anything welcome week related, so I would just be patient in his response!"

Hello everyone,

Anyone still looking for a potential roommate?

Can we apply for internships during our first year or do we have to wait?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Can we apply for internships during our first year or do we have to wait?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile
I have an internship already set up so I think you are free to do so! You get your intern license once we start class this fall. I think doing internships all pertain to the person and how much they can handle!

Hi guys I have been reading your posts and it helped me a lot ! I haven't had the chance to post here since I didn't have an account ! I am accepted in the Pharmacy Distance Pathway and very excited to meet everybody in couple of weeks during welcome week :)
If anybody has any question regarding getting in feel free to ask me as many question as you want !!

Is there a facebook for Campus pathway students?