Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As far as I know, the PharmCas status won't change throughout the process. Look for emails from Creighton, then once you get set up with the student portal you can track the status there.
Do you know how long it usually takes from the time your application is verified in pharmcas till Creighton contacts you?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know how long it usually takes from the time your application is verified in pharmcas till Creighton contacts you?
I'd also like to know. My application was submitted the 5th and additional materials received the 13th but have been checking the portal obsessively. I've tried calling too, I could only leave a message and haven't received a call back. Perhaps they are off this week with the holidays?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd also like to know. My application was submitted the 5th and additional materials received the 13th but have been checking the portal obsessively. I've tried calling too, I could only leave a message and haven't received a call back. Perhaps they are off this week with the holidays?
I left a message with Mackenzie but received an automated message back saying she's out of the office till next week since the school is closed for winter break.

Reactions: 1 user
To those who got accepted, congratulations! I have a quick question for you guys. From what I read, we have to send our final transcript to the office of admission also, am I correct? I know that we need to update it on Pharmcas as well. Just want to make sure I understand it correctly before requesting for transcripts. Thank you.

To those who got accepted, congratulations! I have a quick question for you guys. From what I read, we have to send our final transcript to the office of admission also, am I correct? I know that we need to update it on Pharmcas as well. Just want to make sure I understand it correctly before requesting for transcripts. Thank you.
I would check with the admissions office before you request a transcript. I think I remember Mackenzie saying something on interview day about them being able to pull over all our transcipts from Pharmcas as long as you update your Pharmcas info. Let me know if you find out for sure please :)

I would check with the admissions office before you request a transcript. I think I remember Mackenzie saying something on interview day about them being able to pull over all our transcipts from Pharmcas as long as you update your Pharmcas info. Let me know if you find out for sure please :)
Will let you know when I find out :)

I am, I just got the email on the 3rd saying they received my application and to pick a pathway but haven't heard anything else.

Same here. I received the same email earlier
today. Hopefully I hear something back from them next week.

I'm also waiting for an interview! I received the email to select my pathway on the 5th. Hopefully we hear back this week!! From what I see on the website the next interview date is on Jan 27.

Reactions: 1 users
I just applied to the distance learning program today after receiving an email from them saying that their deadline for winter reviews is 01/17 (tomorrow). So maybe why you guys haven't heard anything is because they review all materials at once after 1/17 for the Jan 27th and Feb interview dates?

Good luck everyone!

To everyone accepted for the distance pathway: We are supposed to participate in some kind of Web training this spring right? Does anyone know when that begins or how we'll be notified that it's available?

Sent from my SM-N910T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
For those waiting to hear back from the school check ur email or student portal because I just received a email from Creighton inviting me to register for an interview through the portal. Good Luck

I emailed Mackenzie, she said you can do either but they prefer you just send transcripts to PharmCas. If you send them to PhamCas you don't have to send them directly to Creighton

I emailed Mackenzie, she said you can do either but they prefer you just send transcripts to PharmCas. If you send them to PhamCas you don't have to send them directly to Creighton
Thanks so much for the information. I still haven't had a chance to do it, this is so helpful.

To everyone accepted for the distance pathway: We are supposed to participate in some kind of Web training this spring right? Does anyone know when that begins or how we'll be notified that it's available?

Sent from my SM-N910T using SDN mobile
Sorry I am no help :( since I don't remember. Maybe someone else does?

Anyone, if they've decided on Creighton, look at where they're living yet?

I know I want to live by myself so I can be free of distractions but I am not sure where I want to live! I don't want to commute from out West. I know NO to capital rows/hills (have heard bad things) and I do not want to live in apartment housing at Creighton. I am looking at the Highline (close to Creighton) but also like the style of the Wire (seems to be more young professionals than professional students so Im not sure how this will adapt to my study schedule if everyone else is always having fun LOL). The Bank (downtown) seems okay but lacks the amenities of the Wire or the Highline.

Not sure if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Sorry I am no help :( since I don't remember. Maybe someone else does?
I think I remember them saying we would have to do some kind of training over the summer so that when we start in the fall we know how everything works. I'm just assuming they will email us to let us know when and what needs to be done.

What will the portal say when someone is accepted?? And did anyone from the Jan 27th interview hear back yet?

Got an offer of admissions today! interviewed 1/27.

Congrats! Did you guys find out through the student portal or mail?

Congrats! Did you guys find out through the student portal or mail?
I got accepted too! I interviewed 1/27. I found out through the student portal - it says it was updated yesterday

Hi guys. I got accepted to Creighton as well. I have some questions to ask them so I sent an email to the admission office (the email address on my acceptance offer), but it's been a while and I haven't heard from them. The phone number doesn't work either because it told me not to leave a msg, then send me to a voice message... Do you know who I can contact?

Also, do you think it's foolish of me to choose Creighton over some of higher ranked schools? I was accepted to U of MN - Duluth, U of Iowa, and UGA but leaning towards Creighton because of its location and relatively cheaper price (I'm from CA, so I'm paying OOS for all these schools). Most of all, Creighton promised to let me take some rotation in my area in CA too. Do you think I'm making the right decision?

Hi guys. I got accepted to Creighton as well. I have some questions to ask them so I sent an email to the admission office (the email address on my acceptance offer), but it's been a while and I haven't heard from them. The phone number doesn't work either because it told me not to leave a msg, then send me to a voice message... Do you know who I can contact?

Also, do you think it's foolish of me to choose Creighton over some of higher ranked schools? I was accepted to U of MN - Duluth, U of Iowa, and UGA but leaning towards Creighton because of its location and relatively cheaper price (I'm from CA, so I'm paying OOS for all these schools). Most of all, Creighton promised to let me take some rotation in my area in CA too. Do you think I'm making the right decision?
Do you use these phone numbers (800) 325-2830 X 1
(402) 280-2662 ?

Yeah I did. That's where I got sent to the voicemail, after the new year message. So weird.

When you guys contact the school, did you get reply right away? I wonder if it's the norm to have such difficulty talking to them.

Perfect. I guess I just have some weird difficulties then. Talked to someone but now is waiting for the call back. So I guess you guys are decided on the going to Creighton. May I ask what made you choose Creighton over some of other schools?

When you guys contact the school, did you get reply right away? I wonder if it's the norm to have such difficulty talking to them.

They had a big group of interviewees today. If you look on their website feb 17th is one of the interview days. That might be y u cant get a hold of them bc they were bz planning things. Try to call again if u can and avoid days around the interview days. Also email if u can
Good luck

I'm actually on the waiting list...but I applied because Creighton has a lot to offer and their technology is really up to date. I also like that you get hands on practice staring P1 year.

Sent from my LGLS775 using SDN mobile

Creighton may have lower rank than those 3 schools u have got accepted to but #40 tie actually isnt bad at all. Try to weigh out all of the benefits from all of the schools besides the ranking such as rotations, student services, professional organizations, scholarships etc. if ur a hard worker and determine to be successful u will do well wherever ur
The decision is ur own. Ur the only 1 who feels whats rite or wrong bt ur decision.

I'm actually on the waiting list...but I applied because Creighton has a lot to offer and their technology is really up to date. I also like that you get hands on practice staring P1 year.

When did u interview with them

Any Facebook page or group to connect everyone that has been accepted and will be starting in fall 2017/class of 2021?

I have a question, can you do the distance program for a year if you get accepted, and then transfer to a different pharmacy school if you decide the distance program isn't for you after all?

I have a question, can you do the distance program for a year if you get accepted, and then transfer to a different pharmacy school if you decide the distance program isn't for you after all?
I don't think you can do that. It's really difficult to transfer pathway, you need to have really compelling reasons, write an essay and get a nod from the dean. Transfer between schools is even more impossible bc most schools don't allow transfering, check their policy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Hi guys. Just wanted to get some info on the interviews at Creighton. Thought this was the perfect place! I have just applied, so don't have an interview scheduled but just wanted to know what they're like. I understand it's an entire day event, are you interacting with faculty and current students the entire time? What is the female attire expected? Are the personal interviews intimidating? What's the day like in general?

Hi guys. Just wanted to get some info on the interviews at Creighton. Thought this was the perfect place! I have just applied, so don't have an interview scheduled but just wanted to know what they're like. I understand it's an entire day event, are you interacting with faculty and current students the entire time? What is the female attire expected? Are the personal interviews intimidating? What's the day like in general?
I think their interview process is pretty standard like most other schools. You come in, listen to them selling the school for a while. Have some lunch. Go on tour with students, interview (with 1 or 2 faculty members, I don't remember). Listen to them talk some more. Try on white coat and take pictures. Something in that order. Just smile and be confident. They ask the same questions every school asks. I don't remember if there was an essay or not.

I think their interview process is pretty standard like most other schools. You come in, listen to them selling the school for a while. Have some lunch. Go on tour with students, interview (with 1 or 2 faculty members, I don't remember). Listen to them talk some more. Try on white coat and take pictures. Something in that order. Just smile and be confident. They ask the same questions every school asks. I don't remember if there was an essay or not.

Thank you for your reply! I wish I felt so nonchalant!

My interview was super laid back. Just be yourself and ask many questions. The interviews are closed case....so the interviewers only know what you tell them.

Thank you for your reply! I wish I felt so nonchalant!
Haha, I admit it feels kinda nerve wrecking on the first few interviews, but after you've gone to like 8 interviews it starts to feel normal. Creighton was my last one and they don't grill you with questions like some other schools. Just be yourself and remember to smile :)