Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makai

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything for people hoping to get into Creighton's pharmacy school beginning fall 2017 (c/o 2021). My apologies if I've missed that, but I wanted to get some discussion going for those that have been accepted, preparing for interviews, and still applying.

I have an interview December 9th (9 days away) and was looking for advice/ answers to some questions:

- I don't own a suit coat, am I going to look unprofessional with out one?

- I was told I probably wouldn't get the December 9th interview date because app review might take too long to get me in, but they did get me in and it's such a late notice that I don't have much time for mocks and such, are the interviews casual enough that I'll be ok?

- (sorry, last question) is it going to be a bad idea to carry a big backpack around during the tour and interviews? My hotel's checkout is at 2:00 pm and I couldn't get the room for another night in order to leave my bag at the hotel.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Makai,

I had my interview back in November and I can give you some of my experiences at the Creighton interview. Every person had a suit, so I would definitely recommend you invest in a simple black suit. Plus the weather will be freezing and a suit will help you keep warm under a coat during the tour and your arrival. The day went smoothly and the presenters really make an effort not keep your nerves down before the interview time. The interview was casual, however I would definitely come prepared with some answers to the normal pharmacy questions. I would also highly recommend looking into the Jesuit values because those will definitely be asked. All in all be yourself and have fun with the day. I personally think the interview is the best part and gives you the chance to meet the professors and ask questions.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't seen anything for people hoping to get into Creighton's pharmacy school beginning fall 2017 (c/o 2021). My apologies if I've missed that, but I wanted to get some discussion going for those that have been accepted, preparing for interviews, and still applying.

I have an interview December 9th (9 days away) and was looking for advice/ answers to some questions:

- I don't own a suit coat, am I going to look unprofessional with out one?

- I was told I probably wouldn't get the December 9th interview date because app review might take too long to get me in, but they did get me in and it's such a late notice that I don't have much time for mocks and such, are the interviews casual enough that I'll be ok?

- (sorry, last question) is it going to be a bad idea to carry a big backpack around during the tour and interviews? My hotel's checkout is at 2:00 pm and I couldn't get the room for another night in order to leave my bag at the hotel.
you need to get a business suit !!! (cheap sets are ~ $400-500)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone having trouble registering for an interview? I got invited yesterday (YAY) but I am not showing the link in the student portal to register!

I called the school and they said the person who handles pharmacy school admissions was away from her desk, said sorry, and hung up. So not much help!):

I want to get registered as soon as possible!

Thanks for your help borean and hohohee1.

Hello Makai,

I had my interview back in November and I can give you some of my experiences at the Creighton interview. Every person had a suit, so I would definitely recommend you invest in a simple black suit. Plus the weather will be freezing and a suit will help you keep warm under a coat during the tour and your arrival. The day went smoothly and the presenters really make an effort not keep your nerves down before the interview time. The interview was casual, however I would definitely come prepared with some answers to the normal pharmacy questions. I would also highly recommend looking into the Jesuit values because those will definitely be asked. All in all be yourself and have fun with the day. I personally think the interview is the best part and gives you the chance to meet the professors and ask questions.

Did you or anyone bring a resume or c.v.?

How's everybody doing? Any news on acceptances or interview invitations?

I ended up getting a suit, and I have to say, I'm glad I did. It looks way better than my previous ensemble.

For those that interviewed already, what was the sample essay like? I'm kind of nervous I'll be asked to write about controversial/ current events, which is not something I go out of my way for.

Interview is Friday! I'm excited to say the least :)

Anyone having trouble registering for an interview? I got invited yesterday (YAY) but I am not showing the link in the student portal to register!

I called the school and they said the person who handles pharmacy school admissions was away from her desk, said sorry, and hung up. So not much help!):

I want to get registered as soon as possible!
Have you heard anything yet?

Sent from my SM-N910T using SDN mobile

How's everybody doing? Any news on acceptances or interview invitations?

I ended up getting a suit, and I have to say, I'm glad I did. It looks way better than my previous ensemble.

For those that interviewed already, what was the sample essay like? I'm kind of nervous I'll be asked to write about controversial/ current events, which is not something I go out of my way for.

Interview is Friday! I'm excited to say the least :)
Hi Makai,
How did you think your interview day/interview went? I also interviewed at Creighton on the 9th but there were a lot of people there so I'm not sure if you were one I got a chance to talk to or not? It was a long day but I felt like I got a lot of good info on the college and the program.

Hi Makai,
How did you think your interview day/interview went? I also interviewed at Creighton on the 9th but there were a lot of people there so I'm not sure if you were one I got a chance to talk to or not? It was a long day but I felt like I got a lot of good info on the college and the program.

Hi, I thought it went well. Some of my questions garnered a noticeable interest from one of the interviewers. Overall it felt positive. I don't know if I met everyone, though I tried. I was in group 3. What about you? Did you feel like it went well? What group were you in?

Hi Makai,
Are you distance pathway or on campus?

Hi, I thought it went well. Some of my questions garnered a noticeable interest from one of the interviewers. Overall it felt positive. I don't know if I met everyone, though I tried. I was in group 3. What about you? Did you feel like it went well? What group were you in?

Hello Makai,

I hope my advice helped. I did get my acceptance and ended up putting my down payment, however I am still waiting on some schools to make a final decision. They only take $400 as a down-payment so its not too bad considering I have seen a lot worse. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Makai,

I hope my advice helped. I did get my acceptance and ended up putting my down payment, however I am still waiting on some schools to make a final decision. They only take $400 as a down-payment so its not too bad considering I have seen a lot worse. Good luck!

It did! Thank you! And congratulations! I've put so much interest into preparing for the tests, the application, the interviews... I forgot about the deposit process. Is it only required if you're on the fence? Or is it required regardless? If I get accepted I'm thinking of withdrawing from my other interviews so I'll have enough for their deposit. Do you remember how long it took for them to respond for acceptance? They told us before Christmas break.

Hi Makai! I was in group 3 too. I think I might know who you are. Did you say you used to live in Utah? Hope to hear the good news soon!

Hi Makai and Wataful2005. I am also distance pathway, good luck to you, keep us updated.

Hi Makai and Wataful2005. I am also distance pathway, good luck to you, keep us updated.
Yeah, I check the site bid. (Sig code for twice daily. Lol. Imma nerd)

Not yet, but I'm not expecting anything til Friday at the earliest. Keep an eye on the portal though. I hear it's the first indicator for acceptance. Apparently it should update the day the letter is sent out.

That's what I was wondering Makai! Thanks! Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet, but I'm not expecting anything til Friday at the earliest. Keep an eye on the portal though. I hear it's the first indicator for acceptance. Apparently it should update the day the letter is sent out.

I wonder if you will get a letter for a rejection as well? If the status shows that a letter was sent out, can I assume that it means an acceptance? I haven't seen anything yet. Just for future information :) Hoping for the best of course.

Last edited:

I thought it went pretty well. I was in group 2. I applied to the distance pathway? You? Good luck! Hopefully we hear something soon so we can all quit anxiously waiting!

I wonder if you will get a letter for a rejection as well? If the status shows that a letter was sent out, can I assume that it means an acceptance? I haven't seen anything yet. Just for future information :) Hoping for the best of course.
I'm actually not so sure about the rejection letters. I imagine they send it out, but that's a benefit to these forums, if people from your interview date have response but you dont, a phone call could clarify.

I thought it went pretty well. I was in group 2. I applied to the distance pathway? You? Good luck! Hopefully we hear something soon so we can all quit anxiously waiting!
Yeah, I also did the distance pathway. I'm a little too excited so I've been working as much as possible to forget to check the portal as often.

You have to check portal for your decision, they don't email you. The do send a letter a few weeks later though. Anyway, is anyone worried about their 4 year graduation rate, it is 78%?

You have to check portal for your decision, they don't email you. The do send a letter a few weeks later though. Anyway, is anyone worried about their 4 year graduation rate, it is 78%?
Are you at Creighton too? or are you planning?

What happened to the 22%, do you know? Did they drop out or did they graduate later? Is the number for distance or campus or both?

Last edited:
What happened to the 22%, do you know? Did they drop out or did they graduate later? Is the number for distance or campus or both?
why worried about 22%? Stay focus and become one of 78%, by the way this stat was in 2010. FYI.

Last edited:
Check your portal guys! Mine just got updated and I got in :)

I was in the Dec 9 interview as well. I got accepted! Check your portal, they seem to be updated now.

Hey guys, I submitted my pharmcas application and all of the other schools I am applying to are updated in pharmcas as receiving my materials and now I have to send hem my supplemental materials. Creighton is the only school who does not have supplemental materials posted/updated in pharmcas. Does Creighton have a supplemental application? and if so, are you notified by email? Thank you

I submitted my application in pharmcas in the beginning of Dec, I received an email saying it was verified 12/20. How do you tell if Creighton has received the application? My status bar through pharmcas doesn't ever change?? Under my program designation it just has the date I submitted the application to pharmcas.

Hey guys, I submitted my pharmcas application and all of the other schools I am applying to are updated in pharmcas as receiving my materials and now I have to send hem my supplemental materials. Creighton is the only school who does not have supplemental materials posted/updated in pharmcas. Does Creighton have a supplemental application? and if so, are you notified by email? Thank you

There is no supplemental application. You should receive an email asking you to select either the campus or distance pathway. This will complete your application. I received an email a couple days after that with log-in information to the student portal where you can track the status of the application. Be sure to check the portal frequently as they will update it well before you receive additional emails from them.

I submitted my application in pharmcas in the beginning of Dec, I received an email saying it was verified 12/20. How do you tell if Creighton has received the application? My status bar through pharmcas doesn't ever change?? Under my program designation it just has the date I submitted the application to pharmcas.

As far as I know, the PharmCas status won't change throughout the process. Look for emails from Creighton, then once you get set up with the student portal you can track the status there.