Creighton Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wendy from our table was accepted as well. I think Creighton is your best choice :)
That's awesome! Congratulations to her, I give her props, shell be one busy mom. Just received the email for financial aid, the sticker shock is real! Hopefully, I can make a decision soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I was at the 2/19 interview and was accepted as well. Just paid my tuition deposit today! Look forward to meeting everyone at Welcome Week.

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone else here there for the 3/15 interview date?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was at the 2/19 interview and was accepted as well. Just paid my tuition deposit today! Look forward to meeting everyone at Welcome Week.

Congratulations on your acceptance; can I ask which pathway (campus or distance) you were accepted to?

Can't wait to meet everyone during orientation week. If anyone wants to chat before then, PM here or join the fb group(s)

I interviewed on 3/15 for the campus pathway. I'm so anxious so I decided to wait until this week at the earliest to check the status of my app online--I am obsessing over it . Anywho, I noticed that when I click on "check status" it brings me to a page that says "no status found."
Is this happening to anyone else? I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news. Either way, im probably going to lose sleep over it
Also, congrats to all of you who have been accepted!

Can't wait to meet everyone during orientation week. If anyone wants to chat before then, PM here or join the fb group(s)

This is going to sound like a crazy question, but if you're a member of the Creighton Distance Pathway FB group, would you mind telling me how many members are in the group? I'm just wondering how many spots might be left in the class....

A lot of students don't join the facebook page until welcome week. Many of them aren't aware of it until then. It isn't the best indicator of how many people have been accepted into the program.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Just one other question... for those of you who have interviewed for the Distance program during the current admissions cycle, what time are you supposed to be there in the morning? Thanks...

Interview 2/19 and just got a call from Shane. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Do most people who get accepted to Creighton's distance program have pharmacy experience?

I am torn between two schools... I haven't picked as some people who've been accepted already have.

How did everyone accepted decide on Creighton?
I love Creighton but the other school is in state and finishes in three years.

Advice needed!

I am torn between two schools... I haven't picked as some people who've been accepted already have.

How did everyone accepted decide on Creighton?
I love Creighton but the other school is in state and finishes in three years.

Advice needed!

In the same shoes. Got accepted to three schools have a hard time deciding

In the same shoes. Got accepted to three schools have a hard time deciding
I only applied to the two. :)

At least residencies won't be as hard to choose! (Maybe pull my hair out with ranking but it's a binding contract once matched).

Accepted 3/29 from 3/15 campus interview!
Congrats. So, it just took them two weeks to notify you with their decision.
How many applicants were in your interview? How did you feel about it?
Any personal advice for the interview? I have my interview in May, and I am worried.

I was accepted into LECOM distance program and just found out yesterday that I was accepted into Creighton's distance program!! Creighton has been my school of choice from the beginning! Looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation week!

Reactions: 2 users
I found out yesterday I was accepted to the distance pathway. Anybody else from southern california?

Congrats. So, it just took them two weeks to notify you with their decision.
How many applicants were in your interview? How did you feel about it?
Any personal advice for the interview? I have my interview in May, and I am worried.
About 70. Study the Ignatian values and you will do fine. Try to bump up your interview to earlier if you can. I had a May date too and got it moved up to make my decision process run smoother with the other schools I was admitted to. They really care, were really well organized, lunch was amazing, the seminars were fun/ funny, and the interview was really straightforward. Beautiful campus, and they provide more support for students than I have ever seen. Everyone on campus seemed genuinely happy to be there. Lots of options to get more than just the basic PharmD degree you find at other schools.

Anyone else excepted to on campus? What area of town is everyone looking at living in?

About 70. Study the Ignatian values and you will do fine. Try to bump up your interview to earlier if you can. I had a May date too and got it moved up to make my decision process run smoother with the other schools I was admitted to. They really care, were really well organized, lunch was amazing, the seminars were fun/ funny, and the interview was really straightforward. Beautiful campus, and they provide more support for students than I have ever seen. Everyone on campus seemed genuinely happy to be there. Lots of options to get more than just the basic PharmD degree you find at other schools.

Do you know if they have plenty of seats left? What are some of the most challenging questions they asked? What should I study about the Ignatian values? What kind of questions about them?

Your answers will be very helpful!

Do you know if they have plenty of seats left? What are some of the most challenging questions they asked? What should I study about the Ignatian values? What kind of questions about them?

Your answers will be very helpful!
No idea. They do have a huge class number though.
Only two questions, but you are supposed to steer the conversation yourself.
How you relate to them.

I was curious if any of the accepted students for the distance pathway were planning on trying to waive any of the courses? Or does any one know of how the exams are to try to waive a course? Try to decided if I should try or just retake a few

Accepted 3/29 from 3/15 campus interview!
Congratulations! Did you get a formal letter already or did you call to find out? I also had my interview on the 15th of March. My status was updated to complete on the 29th as well so I'm just waiting for a letter to come in the mail. Just curious :)

I was curious if any of the accepted students for the distance pathway were planning on trying to waive any of the courses? Or does any one know of how the exams are to try to waive a course? Try to decided if I should try or just retake a few
Waive whatever you can!

Did you waive any? Do you know what the test are like?
I didn't have to take any tests. They reviewed the syllabus of my past courses and their decision was based on that. It's always worth the effort.

Biochemistry and physiology
Does this change tuition at all? Or do they have you take more electives/ more advanced coursework instead? I have already taken several iterations of those classes as an undergrad myself.

Congratulations! Did you get a formal letter already or did you call to find out? I also had my interview on the 15th of March. My status was updated to complete on the 29th as well so I'm just waiting for a letter to come in the mail. Just curious :)
I got a personal phone call from Shane Bumsted. He left a vague message the first time, cause they want to tell while they have you on the line. He said the letter is in the mail. I'm not sure if they do call everyone, or how they determine who they are going to call. Where are you checking your status?

Does this change tuition at all? Or do they have you take more electives/ more advanced coursework instead? I have already taken several iterations of those classes as an undergrad myself.
I took electives to fill in the hours of the waived coursework.

Jw if anyone asked how summer living situations will be for distance pathway students.

Jw if anyone asked how summer living situations will be for distance pathway students.

They don't have any dorms available for welcome week since the school already started and undergrad and grad students fully utilize the dorm space. However, we can use dorm in the summer before p2, p3, and p4. I also heard that the dorm is really clean and cheap :)

Just wondering about the merit based scholarships at Creighton. Does anyone know when it's awarded? When you receive your app packet, or when you matriculate? I just got in but I did not receive any scholarship. I thought I would get at least some based on my statistics.