Creighton Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
22nd January

OMG! I was there too. Congratulation! How did you know that you are accepted? Did you receive a call or mail? I am on a vacation and I missed a call from Creighton today and I will call them tomorrow but I am really dying to know the reason of the call.

OMG! I was there too. Congratulation! How did you know that you are accepted? Did you receive a call or mail? I am on a vacation and I missed a call from Creighton today and I will call them tomorrow but I am really dying to know the reason of the call.

Are you going to attend Creighton's Distance Program if you are accepted to it?

Members don't see this ad :)

I got an admission packet in the mail yesterday

Yes! That is my no. 1 school. Otherwise I need to move for another school.

I hope you get accepted! LOL, it feels like I ask everyone this, but do you mind if I ask you for an approximate estimate of your GPA and PCAT scores? I always like to see how competitive I am as compared to other applicants

Hello All,
I was just accepted into Creightons Distance pathway and I am excited!! but I am also getting some "flak" at work because this is online ( I work in a hospital and my snooty boss made a snooty remark that she would never hire a pharmacist who did their work online) I am scared to death that I may be making a mistake, (anyone else here from Michigan? I might need a study group or something) Does anyone know if there is alot of difficulty surrounding a pharmacist who did their didactic classes online as far as jobs? I'm am not no way shape or form putting it down just terrified of what I may be doing, please help and don't yell. Would anyone be open to maybe skyping for study sessions in the future too? Cant wait to me everyone this summer :)

Reactions: 1 user
I am interviewing on 2-19 for the distance program. Not sure I can brave the cold! Lol my PCAT scores were horrible and my GPA was average at 3.1 but I do tons of charity work, volunteer hours and pharmacy experience ! Never give up people :) if anyone else is gonna be there and wants to grab lunch/dinner the night before the interview so it isn't that bad now that you know someone interviewing with you! Let me know ! Lol
See you on the 19th as well, although it will be a heat wave for me coming from Minnesota!

Hello All,
I was just accepted into Creightons Distance pathway and I am excited!! but I am also getting some "flak" at work because this is online ( I work in a hospital and my snooty boss made a snooty remark that she would never hire a pharmacist who did their work online) I am scared to death that I may be making a mistake, (anyone else here from Michigan? I might need a study group or something) Does anyone know if there is alot of difficulty surrounding a pharmacist who did their didactic classes online as far as jobs? I'm am not no way shape or form putting it down just terrified of what I may be doing, please help and don't yell. Would anyone be open to maybe skyping for study sessions in the future too? Cant wait to me everyone this summer :)
A PharmD is a PharmD. If anything, taking it online might make it harder than taking it on campus IMO. If your boss wouldn't hire you then someone else will.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got email to apply..Is it still worth too apply or am i too late ?

Members don't see this ad :)
See you on the 19th as well, although it will be a heat wave for me coming from Minnesota!
I'm interviewing on the 19th, as well! Another gal and I come in around the same time on Thursday. :)

I'm interviewing on the 19th, as well! Another gal and I come in around the same time on Thursday. :)
Hi, I am the other gal!!!! Lol. We are only a week out.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile app

Hello All,
Creighton's distance PharmD has been around since 2001 and over 100 years for the campus pathway, so it's definitely not one of the newer/less reputable schools. There are threads on here from the people who graduated from the distance program and they seem to have no problem :D

Has anyone had to deal with any prerequisite coursework issues right now? My entrance is contingent on completion of a Biology class thats due by the end of Creighton's spring semester, which I misunderstood because in MI, we are currently in our winter semester. We do fall, winter than spring/summer, at Creighton its fall, spring summer than fall again. It is too late for me to sign up for a bio class that would make the May 7th deadline. I am freaking out, and its the weekend so I haven't really heard back from anyone. I'll call on Monday but geez maybe I need some reassurance that they will be let me get it in by their July 1st deadline. Seriously, would they really make me reapply for 2017 for 1 single class when everything else is a go?? I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone had to deal with any prerequisite coursework issues right now? My entrance is contingent on completion of a Biology class thats due by the end of Creighton's spring semester, which I misunderstood because in MI, we are currently in our winter semester. We do fall, winter than spring/summer, at Creighton its fall, spring summer than fall again. It is too late for me to sign up for a bio class that would make the May 7th deadline. I am freaking out, and its the weekend so I haven't really heard back from anyone. I'll call on Monday but geez maybe I need some reassurance that they will be let me get it in by their July 1st deadline. Seriously, would they really make me reapply for 2017 for 1 single class when everything else is a go?? I can't be the only one experiencing this.

I would call them and explain the situation. They might be willing to work with you. I wish I had a better answer for you, but they're awesome there and will definitely tell you what you need to know. Good luck!

Hello All,

I'm in AZ, but I'd be cool with Skype for study groups as I was hoping to do that if anyone was willing as well as in person if anyone else is in AZ. I can't wait to meet everyone too! So excited!

Sweet! Looks like it wont be an issue for me to full fill the bio prereq over the spring summer ( not 100% confirmation) but this is great! Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in august and yes I would really really appreciate being able to skype and what not. Congrats to you btw :) I'll pm you my name and info when I get a chance

I'm in AZ, but I'd be cool with Skype for study groups as I was hoping to do that if anyone was willing as well as in person if anyone else is in AZ. I can't wait to meet everyone too! So excited!

Hi AstraZ
I really am interested in the study group. I live in Mn . Can't wait for welcome week

Last edited:
Hi
I really am interested in the study group. I live in Mn . Can't wait for welcome week
I live in MN as well! Not accepted yet but interviewing Friday, and would also be interested in study groups if I get in.

Does it say anything when you've been denied before an interview? Mine says completed today, but i havent gotten any emails. My friend got an interview email yesterday and took his pcat a couple days before mine.

I'm not sure, you can email or call the admissions office , they will let you know whats going on. did you do all of the supplementary application stuff? oh in case anyone is wondering, you have until your schools matriculation of spring to complete all math and science prereqs and than later for the non-math or science, I think until Aug 1st.

I'm not sure, you can email or call the admissions office , they will let you know whats going on. did you do all of the supplementary application stuff? oh in case anyone is wondering, you have until your schools matriculation of spring to complete all math and science prereqs and than later for the non-math or science, I think until Aug 1st.

I completed everything, I submitted on november 30, they were just waiting for me to retake my january pcat

Also, I had emailed the admissions counselor for my state just last week regarding my application. Wouldn't it make me seem desperate if I were to email again a week later? Creighton is my top choice.

Do give them a call, or have you checked the portal? It would say on there if you got an interview. The staff is very helpful and informative , send mackenzie stick an email and tell her whats going on. My buddy did not hear back from them until May of last year so maybe they are still working on it

I just got back from my vacation and found out that I got acceptance letter in my mail box. I am so excited!

For those who are accepted, I have question on student ID above where we put our name on immunization requirements. Where can I find my ID? Is it net ID? I also have question on using pencil. Do I sign the form using pencil? It sounds weird, right? Should I also request my doctor to sign the form using pencil?

Do give them a call, or have you checked the portal? It would say on there if you got an interview. The staff is very helpful and informative , send mackenzie stick an email and tell her whats going on. My buddy did not hear back from them until May of last year so maybe they are still working on it

I'll give them a call if I don't see an update by 2 o clock today

I emailed and they told me they contact people by mail regarding whether they've been accepted or denied. Seeing that i've never interviewed to have been accepted then I have a hunch i've been denied. Sucks. Creighton was my number one choice. I hope everyone who's been accepted enjoys it! I will try again next year if that is really the case!

I emailed and they told me they contact people by mail regarding whether they've been accepted or denied. Seeing that i've never interviewed to have been accepted then I have a hunch i've been denied. Sucks. Creighton was my number one choice. I hope everyone who's been accepted enjoys it! I will try again next year if that is really the case!

Do they really invite applicants to interview via snail mail? I thought everyone else said they received email invitations? :annoyed: Either way, good luck....

Do they really invite applicants to interview via snail mail? I thought everyone else said they received email invitations? :annoyed: Either way, good luck....
No interview invitations are done via email.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

Don't give up yet, keep checking your portal, it sounds like they misunderstood your question

Hi everyone
I was wondering if there is any Creighton distance student available .

I scheduled my interview for the 18th of March. I don't live close to NE at all so I needed time to book my flight and hotel.

I scheduled my interview for the 18th of March. I don't live close to NE at all so I needed time to book my flight and hotel.

I stayed at Marriott residence inn, they gave a creighton discount. Good luck

Last edited:
I am a current distance student. Did you have a question?

What's up? Or you can start a private convo with me if you'd prefer. I'll try to answer whatever I can :)

Hi! I have a question about welcome week. Do you remember what the daily schedule was? like when did it start and end each day? I am planning to rent a car since my hotel is not in a distance that you can walk to school. Do you know about parking fee? I searched the website and it says they have visitor parking that is complement for event. I am not sure the welcome week is that kind of event that we can park for free.

Thank you in advance.

I would roughly plan on 8-5 everyday or some variance of that. You're on campus all day. They always gave us lunch and I think we were given dinner one night at well. I haven't had to buy a parking pass in the past but that could vary from year to year. Campus is pretty empty at that time of year so parking really isn't an issue.

I would roughly plan on 8-5 everyday or some variance of that. You're on campus all day. They always gave us lunch and I think we were given dinner one night at well. I haven't had to buy a parking pass in the past but that could vary from year to year. Campus is pretty empty at that time of year so parking really isn't an issue.

Thank you so much for your input.

Sorry for stupid question, it is probably written somewhere but... how does it work with Creighton supplimental application? I just designated Craighton on PharmCAS and paid my fee, now what should I do? Many thanks!!!!