Crack the dat vs real exam please anyone who has taken the exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZooZoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent lot of money buying crack the dat. My scores are keep coming out to 16 17 and 18 . But I never heard anyone talk about crack the dat and the real dat. Im getting confused and just stressed because i am not sure if the materials are good enough for me to takw the exam.
I am actually planning to switch and buy bootcamp because everyone is talking about it but i am keep postponing the exam and stressing my self out.

Any advice will be great .

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't rely solely on CrackDAT to prepare for the exam - what other resources are you using, if any? CrackDAT was somewhat useful for PAT/RC/QR (although there are better resources for these sections) as additional practice but their science sections aren't very good or predictive of the real test.

Have you tried reading some test breakdowns in this forum to gauge how other people have prepared? I found that a good place to start before putting my own study plan together.

I spent lot of money buying crack the dat. My scores are keep coming out to 16 17 and 18 . But I never heard anyone talk about crack the dat and the real dat. Im getting confused and just stressed because i am not sure if the materials are good enough for me to takw the exam.
I am actually planning to switch and buy bootcamp because everyone is talking about it but i am keep postponing the exam and stressing my self out.

Those scores indicate you have some areas of weakness, are those your scores in all sections. What else are you utilizing? Is this your first time taking the DAT? What is your science GPA?

Nancy

Those scores indicate you have some areas of weakness, are those your scores in all sections. What else are you utilizing? Is this your first time taking the DAT? What is your science GPA?

This is my first time taking the dat. And those are my scores for every section jn the crack the dat. My gpa in undergrade was 3.8 for the science I believe a 3.6 not exactly sure
Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought Crack the DAT in 2014 and got delayed applying due to a medical issue I took the DAT in 2016 and found that every single section was not representative of the actual DAT which was very disappointing.

This time I got DAT Bootcamp and while those tests were harder than the actual DAT I got the scores I think I need.
BIO: 19, GEN: 20, ORGO: 23, PAT: 21, Reading: 23, MATH: 21

So I reccommend Bootcamp, a little hint about it, the full length tests are just tests 1-5 of the individual test banks so I recommend doing full length 1 then working on your weaknesses on tests 6-10 and doing a periodic full length 1-5 throughout, and save one of the full length 1-5's for like 2 days before your actual test and then take the next day off.

Good luck

I bought Crack the DAT in 2014 and got delayed applying due to a medical issue I took the DAT in 2016 and found that every single section was not representative of the actual DAT which was very disappointing.

This time I got DAT Bootcamp and while those tests were harder than the actual DAT I got the scores I think I need.
BIO: 19, GEN: 20, ORGO: 23, PAT: 21, Reading: 23, MATH: 21

So I reccommend Bootcamp, a little hint about it, the full length tests are just tests 1-5 of the individual test banks so I recommend doing full length 1 then working on your weaknesses on tests 6-10 and doing a periodic full length 1-5 throughout, and save one of the full length 1-5's for like 2 days before your actual test and then take the next day off.

Good luck
Hello. Can u give me an example what u mean by that . So take full length one and study it and then skip it and take full length 6? Can u tell me what you meant by that

Hello. Can u give me an example what u mean by that . So take full length one and study it and then skip it and take full length 6? Can u tell me what you meant by that

Bootcamp has 10 tests, for example
if you go to the biology section, there are 10 tests

However. If you decide to take a full length test, you will go to that option and see only 5 full length tests

These 5 tests are the 5 individual tests that are put in bio,chem,orgo,qr,rc,pat sections.

So if you purchased Bootcamp, use the tests 6,7,8,9,10 for individual test practice
and the test 1-5 for full length test.

Got it?

As for crack the dat, I honestly have the royal flush version.

I use it for RC and Pat, for bootcamp, PAt generators are great and also they have mike videos and good practice tests.

So, you can still use crack the dat for pat and Rc, but you need other companies like bootcamp, datqvault or Destroyer so that you can become better.

CrackDAt was a good resource when it came to RC. Lots of practice tests meant I could find a test strategy that worked for me and not run out of practice test. I thought the PAT was too easy for CrackDat. I would recommend Bootcamp. I never made above an 18 on a PAT practice test, I rarely even finished the exams because I was too slow. Made a 20 on PAT on the real thing. I attribute that to Bootcamp.

Never made higher than an 18 on RC on Bootcamp but made a 21 on the real thing.

I would recommend Destroyer and Bootcamp for the sciences.

Also, 16-18 arent bad on the practice test. Just means have some more work ahead of you.
Keep grinding and dont give up!!

Reactions: 1 user