CPJE October test takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twentytwelve2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed a few of us took CPJE in October. How did you all do? I feel like I missed around 15-20 questions with about 4 I surely got wrong. It makes me worried because if the questions that I got right were the 15 pre test questions ,then my over all score will be even lower. Super worried here! How many can we afford to miss on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is everyone waiting for cpje score working as a grad intern here? How many hours do you guys work per week?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone waiting 45 days or more, have you tried emailing BOP to see what their current exam status was? They won't respond unless it's been at least 45 days since you've taken the exam. Worth a try.

45 days for me too (took 10/1). Sent them an email this morning (says it will take 3-5 business days for a reply). Also tried calling CA BOP but no answer. Will try again later today. :/

Edit: Called them again. The receptionist said that anyone who took it after 9/15 is part of the batch that has not been mailed yet. To the best of his knowledge, he -thinks- they should be sending them out some time this week since it has been 45 days now (for me, anyway; been nearly 60 for others). But, he isn't positive about it getting mailed this week since he isn't the one who handles that sort of thing, so don't take his word for it. He only knows what they tell him how long it usually takes. For all he knows, might not be till later this month.

Also, got an email reply from BOP. Basically says they won't talk to me about the exam status unless it has been 60 days since my exam date. (So if it's been 60 days for anyone else, maybe you guys can try.)

So, optimistically, perhaps they are mailing results this week...? Did anyone else who called find out anything different?

Last edited:
45 days for me too (took 10/1). Sent them an email this morning (says it will take 3-5 business days for a reply). Also tried calling CA BOP but no answer. Will try again later today. :/

Edit: Called them again. The receptionist said that anyone who took it after 9/15 is part of the batch that has not been mailed yet. To the best of his knowledge, he -thinks- they should be sending them out some time this week since it has been 45 days now (for me, anyway; been nearly 60 for others). But, he isn't positive about it getting mailed this week since he isn't the one who handles that sort of thing, so don't take his word for it. He only knows what they tell him how long it usually takes. For all he knows, might not be till later this month.

Also, got an email reply from BOP. Basically says they won't talk to me about the exam status unless it has been 60 days since my exam date. (So if it's been 60 days for anyone else, maybe you guys can try.)

So, optimistically, perhaps they are mailing results this week...? Did anyone else who called find out anything different?

Thank you for sharing your findings. I have not talked to them yet. But when I do, I shall post and elaborate on anything that wasn't covered by that receptionist.

60 days!? Absurd.

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us. Not 60 days for me. However, I will try to call the board. I think board should upgrade their system. All other states have ON-LINE facilty. Test takers are able to see their resuls in 1 week or so literally. Why cant Ca board? We deserve it, atleast would be able to use our time carefully rather than getting sick worried. Godspeed!! ! !

Last edited:
Just FYI guys the CA board has been blocking out (most) test dates for every other month since they updated the exam in April (i.e. most test dates in May, July, September, and November have been blocked out).

People who tested in April received results around June 3rd (~63 days)
People who tested in June received results around July 22-25th (~51 days)
People who tested in August received results around September 19th (~49 days)

Judging by the pattern you guys will probably receive results within the next 7 days...

Morning! My same old question did anyone receive cpje result? pls do share with us . The wait is getting on my last nerves, tired of checking the mail everyday. It is useless, such a waste of time .

Nothing so far...
I think it takes 1-2 days to deliver mails to those live in North. If the Board sends mails on Mon-Wed, some of us should receive the mail on Thursday. Does anyone here live in Sacramento or nearby?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I live near Sacramento . However, nothing in Thursday's mail. After all the wait, if the result is failed? It is so devastating. Pls do remember me in your prayers. May God bless us all!

I live near Sacramento . However, nothing in Thursday's mail. After all the wait, if the result is failed? It is so devastating. Pls do remember me in your prayers. May God bless us all!
I guess we have to wait for another week or more!

I called them again and come bearing good news: the receptionist said the batch of results for end of September/month of October test takers was mailed out yesterday (11/17).

Everyone may now go sit on your mailboxes like I shall do for the next 24 hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Nope, nothing, zilch. Another day passed away. Maybe tomorrow is the Day. Just praying to God with all my heart and hoping for the best. May fortune be with us! Oh my God, all the stress, tension and wait, not a good recipe. pls, as I already requested, do remember me in your prayers. GOD HELP us all!

Anyone any suggestions for new Naplex.
I've heard it's better than adaptive and you don't feel "attacked" with topics you don't know too well, because it's linear. Also from what I know compounding in RxPrep doesn't cut it, so I'd suggest maybe looking for another source for those chapters! Lots of luck and patience!

Also guys whatever happens it isn't the end of the world! I hope we all did good on this exam! I wish us success because we all deserve it!:):banana:

Just got the letter. Green paper wasn't showing in the window but was behind the white score paper. So don't be worried if you don't see the green. Good luck to everyone else!
BTW 2016.5 (most recent) eBay pharmcharts and weissman law book for sale! Basically all I used to study.

Last edited:
Are you serious?! I just checked my mailbox and nothing. Why am I not getting my result letter! Do you guys think the board sends out passing letters first??? im devastated

Just got the letter. Green paper wasn't showing in the window but was behind the white score paper. So don't be worried if you don't see the green. Good luck to everyone else!
BTW 2016.5 (most recent) eBay pharmcharts and weissman law book for sale! Basically all I used to study.
When did you take cpje

When did you take cpje?

10/6.........

to those who think that you failed after u walked out of the test, you will be fine. I had the same feeling after walking out of the test, I couldn't answer >20 questions and I just did the educated guess... I also got those wired law questions and the hospital operation questions about technician doing compounding, clean room, IV medications. .

Everynight I had a nightmare that I score < 75, and woke up to study in case if I failed.

Hey, I cannot believe I score > 80 and this is not the dream.

good luck and I will pray for those who just took the exams and those who are still waiting for their results.

Received mine today in NorCal. Letter is dated 11/15 and postmarked 11/17.

Good luck to everyone else!

I just got mine you guys!! I'm sure the sending out letter doesn't having to do with passing or failing it's the mail delivery issue!
Sounds like you passed?!
This is your second time taking it and you got 70 first time? What did you score the second time?

10/6.........

to those who think that you failed after u walked out of the test, you will be fine. I had the same feeling after walking out of the test, I couldn't answer >20 questions and I just did the educated guess... I also got those wired law questions and the hospital operation questions about technician doing compounding, clean room, IV medications. .

Everynight I had a nightmare that I score < 75, and woke up to study in case if I failed.

Hey, I cannot believe I score > 80 and this is not the dream.

good luck and I will pray for those who just took the exams and those who are still waiting for their results.
How did you answer those wire operations questions if you don't work in those areas?
Are you in retail?
So if someone works in retail how would they answer tricky hospital or compounding questions?

How did you answer those wire operations questions if you don't work in those areas?
Are you in retail?
So if someone works in retail how would they answer tricky hospital or compounding questions?

I work full time in retail and part time in long term care as an intern.
For those hospital law and operations questions, I educate-guessed. I did 5 of my rotations in the hospital/inpatients and 1 in retail. I learned a lot from my inpatient preceptors. I got a horrible and the most awful preceptor for my am care rotation for 4 weeks.

Last edited:

I am interested in buying your pharmcharts. Please PM me. took the exam oct 28and received results today 11/19 that I didn't pass