CPJE October test takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twentytwelve2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed a few of us took CPJE in October. How did you all do? I feel like I missed around 15-20 questions with about 4 I surely got wrong. It makes me worried because if the questions that I got right were the 15 pre test questions ,then my over all score will be even lower. Super worried here! How many can we afford to miss on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed a few of us took CPJE in October. How did you all do? I feel like I missed around 15-20 questions with about 4 I surely got wrong. It makes me worried because if the questions that I got right were the 15 pre test questions ,then my over all score will be even lower. Super worried here! How many can we afford to miss on this?
I got many Brand names that are not on the top 300 lists. I only used RxPrep CPJE review book and a lot of the law questions I got on the exam that are not on RxPrep. I did not know if I did good or not. Praying everyday.

When did you take your CPJE?

I took the exam on 10/01/2016. I got many obscure brand names, hospital operations questions, counseling and patient goal questions. I used the rxprep cpje test bank, watched the rxprep videos, took the pharmacyexam.com practice exams and took all available practice exams that were offered by the board. I left feeling VERY confident. However looking back I know I missed a handful of questions. Praying every day, just like the above poster.

They do not grade based on a score of 75% right, they used a method called criterion based reference scoring to determine if test takers passed. If anyone can further elaborate on this I would appreciate it greatly. Here is a link where the board explains their grading methods: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/det_passing_scores.pdf

Hoping we all passed and get news soon!!!

From the sound of it, it seems like you can pass as long as you get enough correct in each criteria that is mentioned in the CPJE outline. Although reflecting back on my test, they didnt ask my that many questions in each of these criteria.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just called BOP. They aren't sending out batches of CPJE results like they have in the past it seems. They are sticking to their 45 to 60 days from your test date to get results in the mail. Hopefully that person was wrong and we are able to get it sooner.
Took exam on 10/3

Last edited:
In a way, that is good news because it means we may get it sooner. Anyone else have this on their mind every day?

I have been waiting out on my porch for the mail woman to come every day for the last few weeks. She just shakes her head and frowns. ):

EDIT: I don't see how waiting 45-60 days is sooner then when they were sending them in batches. That is the maximum wait period.

Last edited by a moderator:
The maximum wait period according to the letter from psi exam is 30 days.

Psi exams does not release our scores, the CA Board of Pharmacy does.

EDIT: Also many of my classmates who took in August had to wait until mid-september for their score release. We might be in that same situation.

I was really expecting to hear people saying "I pass!" by now... last year results were going out the end of October... and people got licensed early November.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't care about UCSF. These statistics are a bit more alarming. CA schools - 81.9%, Other US schools - 60.2% and a overall pass rate of 70.1% So odds are if you attended school here your chances were a bit better.

Year after year the pass rate for OoS has always been lower than California average. I don't know why but one factor can be the sample size. There is a much smaller # of OoS test takers so the data can appear one way.

Now, when are we getting our results!!! I pray we all pass.

Guess they were too busy compiling that statistics sheet to send out a few envelopes -__-
Do you think the "retest" or "schedule a test" or "duplicate test result" are alternative methods to find out if we pass or not? I did some googling and read about it. Duplicate test score allows you to order results of tests you -passed- and if it works, then it means you pass but the board hasn't mailed the results yet.

The same messages show up for those that passed and failed. It was pointed out in another thread. The approved duplication score request message appeared, but later on found out they had failed. Retest button message was "none of the portions..." for both those that failed and passed.

I took mine on 9/30
But I'm pretty sure that BOP will send out the results as a batch at a time.
From digging thru past forums, i think we (we as in ppl who took cpje in Sept and first week of october) will be getting our results in a week or two.
I will let you guys know if I get mine this week!

Are you looking at the chart on the last page? I think that indicates foreign graduates? I'm not sure but the numbers add up that way. Try looking at your actual school and see if there are any fails.

Are you looking at the chart on the last page? I think that indicates foreign graduates? I'm not sure but the numbers add up that way. Try looking at your actual school and see if there are any fails.
Geez. I think you are right.... There are ppl who failed from my school. Great. Now I don't know for sure. i got so happy for a bit.

Any one else having recurring dreams about their CPJE results arriving?
I have for the past week and wake up with the somber, sober realization that no, it has not come quite yet. :'(

Reactions: 1 user
Any one else having recurring dreams about their CPJE results arriving?
I have for the past week and wake up with the somber, sober realization that no, it has not come quite yet. :'(
I do. This is driving me crazy.

California board really does a bad job. Why can't they use electronic system? Waste of time and labor, and delay pharmacist salary for so many new grads.

Thanks at least now I know that I am not the only one, we all are in the same boat. This is insanity. Loosing my patience . However, one can hope for the best. Pls do remember me in your prayers !

Seriously this is killing me. About to just give up CPJE and start studying MPJE as backup plan, can't wait for score of a retake if I fail...

do you guys know if the statistics only includes the first time takers or the retakes as well? I'm from Russia and I failed my first time in june with a 70.. I took it again on Sept 29 so technically both of my attempts are falling into this statistics time frame and the number in front of my counties name is 2.. so I'm freaking out if its both me or only the 1st time takers... plsss help!! TIA!!
P.S. Good luck to all of us!

Maybe tomorrow! Oh god. Come on BOP!

Seriously this is killing me. About to just give up CPJE and start studying MPJE as backup plan, can't wait for score of a retake if I fail...

I actually got licensed in a different state while waiting for CPJE result. I took CPJE on 9/30 and MPJE on 10/8 and passed LOL. I do suggest this as a back-up plan if you have time to study & finances..

Eh, people who had to take the the California Bar Exam in July aren't getting their results until next week.

We can survive. :)

What states would you consider?
Not really sure, most likely Nevada.

I was holding up on getting the MPJE d/t cost and really don't want to move out of state, and was betting that I should pass the CPJE. But with wait time this long, it really puts a lot of stress on me and worry what if I failed....I can't imagine waiting this long for a second take.