CPJE April 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxtreats

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking or has already taken this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking mine 05/20 unless i feel not ready.
I postponed it like 2 times so far, still can't feel I am ready for it.
best of luck to all

a friend of mine had her test couple of weeks ago, she said she had mEq problem, did any one hear about a similar situation, i thought math was just the simple dosage and crcl calculations only

Members don't see this ad :)
I was scheduled to take it April 29th but postponed till 5/2... just got out of the test. this was my second time taking it. I felt more confident this time and the test seem much easier than the previous exam i took (maybe because i put in extra effort to study.) If I pass I will share my overall approach but for now I hope this will help a few people who are taking it soon.

1st time i took the test
i had weisman book, naplex Rxprep course and that was it

2nd time i had
weisman (only reviewed the questions and the correct answers in the back of the book)
Naplex Rxprep (did a lot more lectures and questions this time)
Rxprep CPJE (did the videos and test bank like 10 times) - this was my source for my law questions
online eBay source similar to Rxcharts it was called CPJE review 2017

after i finished all of my studying i also went on to a site called "Quizlets" typed in CPJE and reviewed the questions and answers there *** warning review this last because some of the law was not correct... so it is important to make sure you know your stuff before using this site***

good luck everyone and I will keep you posted once i get my results in 3 and a half years -______-

Reactions: 2 users
I was scheduled to take it April 29th but postponed till 5/2... just got out of the test. this was my second time taking it. I felt more confident this time and the test seem much easier than the previous exam i took (maybe because i put in extra effort to study.) If I pass I will share my overall approach but for now I hope this will help a few people who are taking it soon.

1st time i took the test

2nd time i had
weisman (only reviewed the questions and the correct answers in the back of the book)
Rxprep CPJE (did the videos and test bank like 10 times) - this was my source for my law questions

after i finished all of my studying i also went on to a site called "Quizlets" typed in CPJE and reviewed the questions and answers there *** warning review this last because some of the law was not correct... so it is important to make sure you know your stuff before using this site***

good luck everyone and I will keep you posted once i get my results in 3 and a half years -______-

Thank you for sharing your study tips!
Did you have any math? Were there drugs not on the top 300? Also did u get a lot of dosing questions?

Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your study tips!
Did you have any math? Were there drugs not on the top 300? Also did u get a lot of dosing questions?

Thank you!

I surprisingly did not have any math!!! but my first time i had like 3 math questions.. flow rates and Crcl.

yes there were a few that were not top 300.. i would study more of a disease state and know the drugs that you give in those disease states. then I look at top drugs and top interactions, like warfarin, methotrexate, metformin,Amiodarone, inducers, inhibitors....etc. drugs that i felt i should know everything about. i honestly got a few questions that just ask you "this is the drug, its not on formulary... what would you switch it to" "pt is given this drug, how do you know pt, understood what drug he got" choose the following disease states. so i really didn't need to know in detail. the RXprep CPJE review really got me ready for the Law which I feel I did good on. (I literally reviewed it like 10 times and did the tests like 10 times)

but at the same time I fell my first test was a lot harder and I did need to know more. so don't just over look the small details. but i would use the above paragraph as a minimum study amount

I surprisingly did not have any math!!! but my first time i had like 3 math questions.. flow rates and Crcl.

yes there were a few that were not top 300.. i would study more of a disease state and know the drugs that you give in those disease states. then I look at top drugs and top interactions, like warfarin, methotrexate, metformin,Amiodarone, inducers, inhibitors....etc. drugs that i felt i should know everything about. i honestly got a few questions that just ask you "this is the drug, its not on formulary... what would you switch it to" "pt is given this drug, how do you know pt, understood what drug he got" choose the following disease states. so i really didn't need to know in detail. the RXprep CPJE review really got me ready for the Law which I feel I did good on. (I literally reviewed it like 10 times and did the tests like 10 times)

but at the same time I fell my first test was a lot harder and I did need to know more. so don't just over look the small details. but i would use the above paragraph as a minimum study amount

Thank you, goodluck!

Or longer than 3 and half years LOL

1st time i took the test

2nd time i had

Reactions: 1 user
Took it on April 22nd, still waiting....
April 8th. did your test later say 30 days or 45 days for when the scores will be sent?
this is my third time taking it.
January 2016 my test letter said 30 days and I got it exactly 30 days.
October 2016 my test letter said 45 days and I got it +/- 1 day 45 days later
April 2017 my test letter said 30 days.....

April 8th. did your test later say 30 days or 45 days for when the scores will be sent?
this is my third time taking it.
January 2016 my test letter said 30 days and I got it exactly 30 days.
October 2016 my test letter said 45 days and I got it +/- 1 day 45 days later
April 2017 my test letter said 30 days.....

Yeah, it said 30 days. People did told me that if you take it the end of the month, you will get it faster because they do it by batch.

I took mine on April 19th and I am still waiting for my results, I know people that took it after me and that live farther away from Sacramento than I do and have already received their results. So that makes me worried. This was my third time too.
Dec 17th 2015- got my results 12/29/2015
April 8th 2016- got my results 6/9/2016

Members don't see this ad :)
Took it April 8. Got my green letter, I passed. But no where can I find my score... where can I find out the exact score I got?

@maydia : Congrats on passing CPJE!!!! I will take my test on May 30, can you share hoe do you study for it? I am using RxPrep bank questions for Naplex to study for CPJE clinical qiestions, and the law questions at the back of Dr. Weissman's book. Is it ok?
Thank you!

Has anyone that took the CPJE in April, NOT received their score and is still waiting to here back? I took mine 4/19 and I am still waiting... I am loosing hope, maybe it was lost in the mail... I called the board but they wouldn't give me any information.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
I am selling a few of my CPJE and Naplex items.
1-RxPrep's California Law Summary for CPJE
2-Pharmacy Charts - NAPLEX, CPJE-2017
3-A Guide to California Community Pharmacy Law 8th edition 2013 - 2015 Weissman Pharm.D. J.D. (Author)
4-Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder (Sigler, Sigler Prescription Drug Cards) 28th Edition

Last edited:
Has anyone that took the CPJE in April, NOT received their score and is still waiting to here back? I took mine 4/19 and I am still waiting... I am loosing hope, maybe it was lost in the mail... I called the board but they wouldn't give me any information.

I took my test April 4th and have yet to receive my results. I don't see how it could be taking so long.

Has anyone license posted on the boards webpage yet? I mailed my paperwork on Wednesday and still nothing had been posted?

1st time i took the test

2nd time i had

Have you received your results yet?

1st time i took the test

2nd time i had

Have you received results yet?

Hello Guys,
I am selling the following books:
RxPrep's California Law Summary for CPJE
Pharmacy Charts - NAPLEX, CPJE-2017
Weissman Book
Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder

Hello Everyone,
3-A Guide to California Community Pharmacy Law 8th edition 2013 - 2015 Weissman Pharm.D. J.D. (Author)
4-Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder (Sigler, Sigler Prescription Drug Cards) 28th Edition
if you still have the pharmacy charts plz contact me
Thanks

took it May 2nd still no results. probably will get it june 18th with a postmark date of 15th!!! anyone hear from the board about the results for May?

took it May 2nd still no results. probably will get it june 18th with a postmark date of 15th!!! anyone hear from the board about the results for May?
I tried calling yesterday. They said results for examinees since April 29 haven't been released yet. Might take up to 2 to 4 weeks more.

I tried calling yesterday. They said results for examinees since April 29 haven't been released yet. Might take up to 2 to 4 weeks more.
Seems like they usually send out on Tuesdays. So even if she said 2 to 4 weeks, I hope we'll get results next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this is true but I have theory that if you go to the psi website and it says that your score was sent to the board you failed but if it says (PRExx/xx/xx) with the x's being a few days after your exam date you passed

Any thoughts??

Took exam 5/17 still waiting...going crazy -__-

Not sure if this is true but I have theory that if you go to the psi website and it says that your score was sent to the board you failed but if it says (PRExx/xx/xx) with the x's being a few days after your exam date you passed

Any thoughts??

Took exam 5/17 still waiting...going crazy -__-
Would anyone be able to confirm this?

Hello Guys,
I am selling the following books:
RxPrep's California Law Summary for CPJE
Weissman Book
Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder
Please contact me for the interested. Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

still for sale?

Hi, everyone. I'm an out-of-state pharmacy grad who took the CPJE on July 19th and unfortunately failed. I got a 63, and the scores for each area were low for patient medications, very low for patient outcomes, and very low for pharmacy operations. I had no problem passing the NAPLEX back in June, but this test felt completely different as everyone has said before on SDN. I just wanted to know from the people who passed how they studied especially in regards to each section of the test, which study materials they thought worked best, and how long they studied for and how many hours a day. I know for the last part it's different for each person, but I guess I just want an idea since now I'll be working 40 hours a week while studying to try to make ends meet. I plan to take the CPJE at the end of October, so I only have about 40 something days left. Any advice would be appreciated! Congratulations to the people who passed.