courses other than dds for international dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdental07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hai,
I am new to this forum.I am an Indian dentist.I have few doubts regarding studies.Can any one help
1.What is the validity of nbde score
2.Can i do any other course in dentistry other than dds.if yes can u please tell me regarding that
3.Can you just tell me the approximate fees for that.
4.Is nbde mandatory for applying for such courses

Members don't see this ad.

Hai,
I am new to this forum.I am an Indian dentist.I have few doubts regarding studies.Can any one help
1.What is the validity of nbde score
2.Can i do any other course in dentistry other than dds.if yes can u please tell me regarding that
3.Can you just tell me the approximate fees for that.
4.Is nbde mandatory for applying for such courses

if you are more specific atleast someone in this forums would volunteer clarifying your doubts..

I am an Indian dentist currently in USA.I dont want to join for DDS program.Can anyone tell me about any other dental courses that i can join in US

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Indian dentist currently in USA.I dont want to join for DDS program.Can anyone tell me about any other dental courses that i can join in US

you can do MPH- public health, MS oral biology best options next to DDS ...

check with others...

you can do MPH- public health, MS oral biology best options next to DDS ...

check with others...

What are the scope of doing MPH & MS oral biology.
Can u please tell that
Thanks

Hai,
But what is the scope of MPH..i heard lots are doing MPH ...How many years is the course?and can any one say about the cost?
And can they do Post doctoral courses..and are they expensive?

Hai,
But what is the scope of MPH..i heard lots are doing MPH ...How many years is the course?and can any one say about the cost?
And can they do Post doctoral courses..and are they expensive?

i know a friend of mine who came on F1 visa to do MPH after doing BDS in india. After MPH he did AEGD and then perio speciality and currently practicing Perio somewhere in Tennessee.

I dont have any more details than that..but after MPH you can try for GPR or especially 2 yr AEGD courses in some universities...gotta sweat out on finding the universities that accept FTD's for AEGD program....

there's one more thing i heard about California board , they allow FTD's to practice after clearing some exams they ask you to take...which is again upto you to do some research on it...

lastly, in the last few years some state dental boards have been changing rules, especially for FTD's....

good luck

i know a friend of mine who came on F1 visa to do MPH after doing BDS in india. After MPH he did AEGD and then perio speciality and currently practicing Perio somewhere in Tennessee.

I dont have any more details than that..but after MPH you can try for GPR or especially 2 yr AEGD courses in some universities...gotta sweat out on finding the universities that accept FTD's for AEGD program....

there's one more thing i heard about California board , they allow FTD's to practice after clearing some exams they ask you to take...which is again upto you to do some research on it...

lastly, in the last few years some state dental boards have been changing rules, especially for FTD's....

good luck
Thanks a lot for the eply.i never knew that FTDs can practice here..lemme check out that in state dental boards

I have the same questions, drdental07.
Now I think most of you here are applying for ASP (PASS) to get an ADA accredited DDS/DMS, which, as far as I understand, only gives u the license to pratise in the state, and enable u to apply for post grad. studies.
But what if I'm not interested in the license to practise in the US. just want a graduate study in AEGD or any other speciality. aren't there any programs for FTD that doesn't require an ADA accredited DDS/DMD and/or NDBE ?
So, again :
why r u all keen in ASP ?
Can you help me find programs that doesn't ask for the DDS or the NDBE ? (not MS, MPH .. etc .. just any advanced/ post grad. program .. speciality .. etc )
and plz could anyone answer the OP's 1,2 and 4 questions for me too ?

Please .. could any one shed some light .. very appreciated.

I have the same questions, drdental07.
Now I think most of you here are applying for ASP (PASS) to get an ADA accredited DDS/DMS, which, as far as I understand, only gives u the license to pratise in the state, and enable u to apply for post grad. studies.
But what if I'm not interested in the license to practise in the US. just want a graduate study in AEGD or any other speciality. aren't there any programs for FTD that doesn't require an ADA accredited DDS/DMD and/or NDBE ?
So, again :
why r u all keen in ASP ?
Can you help me find programs that doesn't ask for the DDS or the NDBE ? (not MS, MPH .. etc .. just any advanced/ post grad. program .. speciality .. etc )
and plz could anyone answer the OP's 1,2 and 4 questions for me too ?

Please .. could any one shed some light .. very appreciated.
Hai Asnan,
As far as i know DDS is not Mandatory for you to apply for post doctoral courses..i mean other than MPH or MS..but it varies with each state and university..But most of the universities require you to clear NBDE to apply for that...just go to ada.org website ..you get websites for all the universities in USA.contact them .they will let u know about what all you require to apply for the exams

Hai Asnan,
As far as i know DDS is not Mandatory for you to apply for post doctoral courses..i mean other than MPH or MS..but it varies with each state and university..But most of the universities require you to clear NBDE to apply for that...just go to ada.org website ..you get websites for all the universities in USA.contact them .they will let u know about what all you require to apply for the exams
BINGO! .. this is exactly what I need to know. I thought if someone could narrow it down to us .. shortcutting, to make our life easier :D

Searching for every program in every dental school in every state sounds like a life-time task.
----
akg said:
"gotta sweat out on finding the universities that accept FTD's for AEGD program....
there's one more thing i heard about California board , they allow FTD's to practice after clearing some exams they ask you to take...which is again upto you to do some research on it..."
----
I was hoping if you could help us on that and be more elaborate .
-AEGD for FTDs ?
-What exams to be cleared exactly ??

Thanks everybody :)

BINGO! .. this is exactly what I need to know. I thought if someone could narrow it down to us .. shortcutting, to make our life easier :D

Searching for every program in every dental school in every state sounds like a life-time task.
----
akg said:
"gotta sweat out on finding the universities that accept FTD's for AEGD program....
there's one more thing i heard about California board , they allow FTD's to practice after clearing some exams they ask you to take...which is again upto you to do some research on it..."
----
I was hoping if you could help us on that and be more elaborate .
-AEGD for FTDs ?
-What exams to be cleared exactly ??

Thanks everybody :)

you can take Minnesota dental board exams and get a license to practice in Minnesota only...without any DDS/DMD degree...as i said earlier some of my friends have done this before (3-4 yrs ago)...so i'm not sure about the latest updates..so again check with minnesota dental board...

some regulations keep changing over the time...

Hey akg... I am new to this forum..I am a dentist from India..now living in MN ...I jus read ur post...I know it's posted long bak..then also if u can please help me on this it 'll be a great deed..so where should I contact to get the latest update on this MN dental board exam...
If any one knows about this MN special rule..please help me and give info..please...

according to my acknowlegement, after you complish NBDE 1 and part 2 u can apply for taking the minnesota state board clinical exam. After they evaluate your application they'll notify you when u r able to take the state board. after u accomplish the state board u need to work under a shadow of a minnesota dentist for 5 yrs before you allow to practice alone.

can any body tell me about how to join MS oral biology in US without NDBE

most school's oral biology MS dont require NBDE. a lot requires GRE though.

thanks for reply. can u please name some unversities where NDBE and gre not required. can u please tell me the fee structure or financial aid for the same. will there be any prospects of joining as teaching staff in dental school after this.

Hi All,
I did my dentistry and MBA in hospital management in India. I am not interested in DDS.
would like to pursue my career in hospital management in USA. Can any one suggest me how to apply for jobs in hosp management instead of doing MPH courses again here?

Thanks in Advance.

hi guys . i want to ask something. i want to apply for nbde but im confused and my family wants me to think about it before applying.cause nbde is lenghthy process with lot of loan debt im not from states so if in case i want to go back to my home country whats other best degrees or diplomas i can apply other than dds.