Cost of real estate (Office)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

Frank22

I'd like to know what an average dental office will sell for? Also, can you give me a range as well, for example, a low end and high end reasonable value?

Members don't see this ad.

the range is immense. We're talking high 100K to 1 million. Consider buying a practice like buying a house.

Members don't see this ad :)
just the building???

Check out some websites that specialize in building those type of buildings...if i had to guess..

50K-500K depending on the lot size and condition of the building.

I'm not referring to the practice; just the office.

100% geographic area dependent as well as sqaure footage dependent.

If you're looking a putting up a say 1500 sq. foot. stand alone building for a practice in the middle of a small town in say Kansas you'll be looking at a far less expense per sq. foot cost than if you were looking at putting up a similar sized building in say the middle of a city such as New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. Just like the cost per sq. foot to buy a similar home in the 2 types of geographic areas that I referenced will vary.

Equipment costs will be fairly standard across the country based on what type of equipment you want to use. You could go with the basics to equip a 2 chair office and front desk for under 50 grand or go top of the line, latest technology for everything and spend well over 250 grand to equip that same 2 chair office. It's just based on how much you want to spend and what you feel you "NEED" to practice.