Cornell Qatar admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted ... got the mail @ 04/10/2010 ... my bday ... could not expect a better bday present ... why didnt I check my inbox yesterday lol

Allah ..

edit: I cant believe this. my first medical school acceptance in life. The journey I started in canada at the age of 18 years as a BSc student has finally come to end ... Its been tumultuous, depressing and agonizing, just like the winters in Canada, but it was worth it

Does anyone know by which date we have to send in our acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Accepted ... got the mail @ 04/10/2010 ... my bday ... could not expect a better bday present ... why didnt I check my inbox yesterday lol

Allah .. Ya allah

edit: I cant believe this. my first medical school acceptance in life. The journey I started in canada at the age of 18 years as a BSc student has finally come to end ... Its been tumultuous, depressing and agonizing, just like the winters in Canada, but ya Allah ... it was worth it

I think you have to let them know in writing whether you are accepting the offer or not. They'll then mail you an official acceptance letter along with some extra forms to fill that have to be returned back along with some sort of deposit. So I think you should shoot them an email if you are willing to accept the offer. At least this is what I did.

I think you have to let them know in writing whether you are accepting the offer or not. They'll then mail you an official acceptance letter along with some extra forms to fill that have to be returned back along with some sort of deposit. So I think you should shoot them an email if you are willing to accept the offer. At least this is what I did.

i have yet to hear from some schools in May ... I do not think I would be willing to accept this offer till I hear something from my first choice school, lets see what the deadline is. I hope its May 15th, like the schools in the US.

Members don't see this ad :)

Allah .. Ya allah

edit: I cant believe this. my first medical school acceptance in life. The journey I started in canada at the age of 18 years as a BSc student has finally come to end ... Its been tumultuous, depressing and agonizing, just like the winters in Canada, but ya Allah ... it was worth it

i have yet to hear from some schools in May ... I do not think I would be willing to accept this offer till I hear something from my first choice school, lets see what the deadline is. I hope its May 15th, like the schools in the US.

Check your PM

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I was referred to this forum by an acquaintance on facebook who decided to help me out of the blue which was very thoughtful :)) anyways I found this forum to be incredibly useful while looking back at all the recent posts and replies, so I thought about posing my dilemma here and hoping to find a solution:

I am a Syrian-American student, currently 17 years old. I've attended the Int School of Choeuifat since the 6th grade and recently graduated from there. I applied for the rpe-medical program at WCMCQ since January. No flattery here, but I am one of the top students in my grade, I made the honor's roll during the 1st term and as most of you who live in the gulf would know Choeuifat is an extremly competitve and harsh school with a very over-whelming curriculum and so we can't be viewed in the same light as applicants coming from public schools or much ridculously easier private schools. Anyhow, I have a bunch of extra-curricular activities and Volunteer work that I thought would be a fantastic boost to my application. I've taken my TOEFEL ibt and scored 112/120. My school offers external exams of both British and American systems and I am doing both ( APs, A-levels, ASs etc..) also I took my SAT I three times. Now, I have spoken several times with the recruitment officer and she said my application was taking long to review because of my Maths SAT score which was 630 (they need 650 and above) whereas my critical reading was highest 630 and writing 670...now I find it extremely ridiculous for my application to take so long to review just beacuse of some stupid standardized test maths score!!:mad: I have worked extremely hard and weill cornell is my top choice and dream university...I just want to know who here hasn't gotten a response yet for the pre-medical program?? it's already May, should this mean I should give up? I have really great credentials and am qualified to be part of WCMCQ...I also have really good reference letters...can anyone help me and tell me what's the next step I should take from here on?
I have already received an offer from AUB offering me a place in three majors to complete undergraduate and pre-med course work: Chemistry, Medical Lab Sciences, and Chemical Engineering all sophomore acceptances..that means I save one whole year!! but I still haven't lost hope in Qatar and it is my undying wish to go there and be accepted as I know is the nearest I will get to a certfied Ivy League education, as my family believes I am too young to be travelling and studying abroad on my own in the US or canada so AUB and WCMCQ are really my only best options in this region of the world...
Waiting impatiently for your replies. Thanks alot in advance!!

Hi Everyone,

I just withdrew from WCMC-Q's MD program as I would prefer attending a US Allopathic (MD) School in US. Thanks for all your support and good luck with your future endeavors.

Sallam All,

I'm thinking of applying to Cornell-Q this year. I'm fully fluent in Arabic and I lived in the ME for 7 years. I'm also a Cornell University undergraduate student. My GPA is around >3.7 and my MCAT is >30. What are my chances?

Wsalaam,
Your chances are pretty good.

Salaam,

I recently received my MCAT, and I really hope to apply to Cornell-Qatar by the end of this year... I received a score of 30 R, and my overall GPA is 3.97... How likely would it be for me to get an interview at this school? Although I'm a US Citizen (born and raised), I'd like to attend the school in Qatar because of the location and how it is very fitting for my lifestyle... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think you have a good chance - apply and see how it goes:)
Salaam,

I recently received my MCAT, and I really hope to apply to Cornell-Qatar by the end of this year... I received a score of 30 R, and my overall GPA is 3.97... How likely would it be for me to get an interview at this school? Although I'm a US Citizen (born and raised), I'd like to attend the school in Qatar because of the location and how it is very fitting for my lifestyle... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Salaam,

30R is a bit on the low side. but apply and lets see what happens.

Well, I did, but they didn't really give me a useful response. They did tell me that their admissions criteria are the same as Cornell New York, especially for non-Arabs like myself (I'm Pakistani)... although my dad lives in Kuwait, if that would be any benefit.

hey dude .

well,i know tht kinda sucks not havin the nationality but like myself i m also i the same dirt ...i m also a pakistani (bummer) but born and raised in k.s.a..but anywaz,getting acceptance over the middle east here is kinda heavy here ...cuz they are givin a hard time for us immigrants here (unless u are from the states)..not wanna drop ur hopes or doing anything intentionally like tht but already my cousin had this experience ...poor guy still back at home ..now tryin for eu...hope everything turns out the best

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear back about interviews? So far, no news for me, so i'm hoping for the best. I'm from outside qatar and applying to wcmc-q. This discussion seems dead compared to last years batch of applicants :s

I have heard back from interviews this year. I interviewed on March 14, and decisions are supposed to come back out in two or three weeks. You're right, the conversation is a little dead this year.

hey,
i got interviewed on march 23rd. and am waiting eagerly 4 the results. have any of u got accepted?????

hey,
i got interviewed on march 23rd. and am waiting eagerly 4 the results. have any of u got accepted?????

Hey 5rats... I interviewed on March 14. I got an early notification of my premed decision. I am a US applicant. My fellow interviewees have yet to hear anything, and I am guessing you haven't heard anything either?

Congratulations for getting accepted guys (;
So you applied for the pr-med program , right ??
If so, can you please tell me what your SAT scores were?? And did you take any SAT subject tests ??
I'm planning to apply next year , I hope I get accepted just like you .

Come on people , don't let this thread die ,, Iwanna keep it alive until i get accepted next year (;

No way I'm leaving this until I get accepted next year :p

Last edited:
Have a nice summer all ,, looks like I'll be spending mine studying for the SAT's , I'm okay with that though as long as it will gurantee me a place in wcmcq :p .

Last edited:
Do i really want to keep talikng to myself just like an idiot :s ????

Yes I do :p

Anywayz , 2060 last practice test , alhamdolelah , I hope I get this score in the real thing .

HEYYYYY :D congratulations on your score dude! or dudette :D

Anyway this whole section for Africa and middleast is dying, so don't hope for someone to respond to you quickly :D

Wish you get accepted next year :xf:

HEYYYYY :D congratulations on your score dude! or dudette :D

Anyway this whole section for Africa and middleast is dying, so don't hope for someone to respond to you quickly :D

Wish you get accepted next year :xf:

Thnx Nan65 . It's Dude :p

Yeah I know I've noticed that it's dying that's why iam posting every time I get the chance to .

Are you a student at wcmcq ?? Or are you an applicant too ??

Anyway thnx for the wishes, I really want to get accepted because it has been my dream since ever and I'll be distroyed if I don't get in /:

Thnx again :)

Thnx Nan65 . It's Dude :p

Yeah I know I've noticed that it's dying that's why iam posting every time I get the chance to .

Are you a student at wcmcq ?? Or are you an applicant too ??

Anyway thnx for the wishes, I really want to get accepted because it has been my dream since ever and I'll be distroyed if I don't get in /:

Thnx again :)

Well,I am not a student there but i was going to apply next year but after talking with my advisor she told me to wait another year and don't rush with all my prerequisites so.. it looks like i'm staying another year in undergrad :thumbdown:

Don't worry, i heard that the admission to the premed is much easier than the medical school itself, so don't worry you'll get accepted :xf:

do you have any Plan B though?! just in-case you know..

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering did anyone receive an invite for an interview for the MD program at WCMC-Q? Its mid-February and they said interviews end by end of February and I am very worried I still havent received an interview yet. Are my stats not good enough for being called to an interview?

14 PS/ 12 BS/ 7 VR/ M writing cGPA: 3.96 SciGPA:4.0

Should I keep hopes up?! I appreciate any help!

I'm also applying for the medical program (MD) and have not heard yet. Anyone else? I think interviews happen in March and decisions are sent out late March-mid April.

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering did anyone receive an invite for an interview for the MD program at WCMC-Q? Its mid-February and they said interviews end by end of February and I am very worried I still havent received an interview yet. Are my stats not good enough for being called to an interview?

14 PS/ 12 BS/ 7 VR/ M writing cGPA: 3.96 SciGPA:4.0

Should I keep hopes up?! I appreciate any help!

WOW! your stats are awesome!! Maybe your ECs aren't as solid as your scores. but Good luck anyway :luck:

I'm also applying for the medical program (MD) and have not heard yet. Anyone else? I think interviews happen in March and decisions are sent out late March-mid April.

I'm not sure, but i guess they interview earlier than March. When did you submit your application?

Hello Abel and Nan65,

I was called for a Skype interview with 6 doctors and it went pretty well. After a week I received an email saying that I have been called for an interview day in Doha. So im pretty excited and it seems its going well Insha'allah!! I hope for the best Ya Rabb!!

Does anyone know how the interviews in Doha are? easy going? is it even more competitive after the skype interviews? or am I even closer with good odds of continuing in the admissions process? So basically can I somehow guarantee an acceptance cz im called to Doha after a successful skype interview?

How much is the tuition fees for the med program?
And what are the chances of getting scholarship there?

My grades are:

Maths(AS)-A
Physics(AS)-A
Biology(AS)-A
chemistry(AS)-A

Hey, congrats on your invite, but tell me .. are you applying to the premed program or right to the med program? GOOD LUCK :luck:

Hello Abel and Nan65,

I was called for a Skype interview with 6 doctors and it went pretty well. After a week I received an email saying that I have been called for an interview day in Doha. So im pretty excited and it seems its going well Insha'allah!! I hope for the best Ya Rabb!!

Does anyone know how the interviews in Doha are? easy going? is it even more competitive after the skype interviews? or am I even closer with good odds of continuing in the admissions process? So basically can I somehow guarantee an acceptance cz im called to Doha after a successful skype interview?

@Nan65

Thank you for your wishes. And good luck for you next year when you apply.
I recieved an interview invitation and Iam THRILLED. Very excited to go. I will be flying from Dubai in April 2nd and my interview will be in April 3rd. I hope I do good.

@Count92
If one is applying to premed like me then no; interview does not mean acceptance. But it does mean that they are interested in the applicant and that the applicant has a high chance. But you are applying to Med so Iam not really sure because admission to med is a completely different process than admission to premed.
But I honestly think you shouldn't worry cuz your stats are really amazing. I have no idea how you managed to maintain a 4.0 science GPA in your pre-med masha Allah, tell me what you did I really need to do the same in my premed :p

Wish me luck people :) And if anyone has any advice for me then i'll really appreciate it.

Last edited:
How much is the tuition fees for the med program?
And what are the chances of getting scholarship there?

My grades are:

Maths(AS)-A
Physics(AS)-A
Biology(AS)-A
chemistry(AS)-A

The tution for Med programme is 46000 US$ a year. Financial Aid is provided by Qatar foundation in a form of no-intrest loan. You have to pay back the loan after you graduate either by working for them in Qatar or working somewhere else and paying 15% of your monthly salary to Qatar foundation until you finish repaying the loan.

But I see you have AS, you have to do A levels I believe. And you have to apply to Pre-Med first and then after finishing 2 years of Pre-Med you apply to Med.

Good luck :)

hey guys,

I am done with my interview in Doha on 20th of March. Now I must wait.. But hoping for the best Insha'Allah!

Does anyone know when are acceptances released? Should I expect a reply (Insha'Allah an acceptance) soon??

I had my PreMed interview yesterday and they said they have already sent rejections without interviews, and that all decisions will be out by the end of April, I don't know if that also applies to Med though.

Why is this thread dead this year -_-

Iam the only one applying to premed over here /=
I haven't recieved my decision yet. I was interviewed on April 3rd. I know another 5 applicants who were interviewed, one of them was admitted to the foundation program, the other 4 are still wiaiting like me.

Are you applying too ?? Did you get called for an interview ??

Did I read your post correctly, Yhs10? Cornell has already sent out the rejection letters? I haven't receive one of those, so I guess I still have much to hope for. I, too, applied for the premed program at Cornell in Doha and my application is still under review. How did your interview go?

Yeah, Cornell sent rejections about a month ago to the applicants they difinetely don't want (( admissions told me that at the day of my interview )).
And yesterday, more rejections came out, I know two applicants who got rejected yesterday, both of them did not get called for an interview.

There is always hope Yeah, let's just pray we get a good news in the next upcoming days.

My interview was good but not great. I had 3 interviews, 2 of them were great but third wasn't that good. They were very conversational though, not lots of questions were asked.

Did you get an interview call too ?? If yes, then when and how was it ??

Yhs10, no, I didn't receive an invitation yet! I got an email the beginning of April informing my application was received and it's being reviewed and I would hear of a decision. I check my status many times throughout the day hoping there are some good news. Again, my application is still under review. I'm a non-traditional student in the midst of a career change. I'm hoping I have a shot. I'm sorry about your friends who received rejection letters. Much success next time. Can you tell if whether or not they got the rejection letter by email or online file? Anyway, I hope and pray you get an acceptance letter!!!

Oh, Yhs10, so that actually call you by phone for interview?

Thanks PCBY for your wishes. I hope you too get an acceptance very soon.

My friends got the rejection in their online application inbox . They recieved a new message saying that "we are sorry you have been rejected ... Etc" .

They don't call you by phone to invite you for the interview, they actually send a message to your online application inbox and they give you 3 possible interview dates, and you have to choose the day that fits your scheduale. the application status changes to "interview offered" the moment you recieve an invitation.

It's great that you didn't recieve a rejection, it possibly means that they are interested in you and still considering your application, but honestly no one knows what goes on in their heads, and if you call and ask they give very few info or nothing at all, most of the times I call and they are like "please be patient ..." .

But what do you mean you are in the midst of a career change ?? You mean you are a college student but don't like your major and want to follow premed track instead or what ??