Cornell Doha 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twonao

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am what you would call a non-traditional applicant to the 6 years program, since I am 29 years old, already graduated from law school and business school and operate my own business.

I recently got my scores to the standardized tests:
SAT: 1640
Reading: 610
Writing: 530
Maths: 510

TOEFL: 107 / 122
Listening : 29/30
Speaking : 26/30
Writing : 28/30
Reading: 24/30

I didn't get the results to my A Levels exams I took in january yet, but I had 4 weeks to go through the whole program of Maths, Biology and Chemistry so, we'll see haha.

I will also shadow a surgeon for a couple of weeks, hopefully it will enhance my application.

There was no topics about WCMC-Q recently so I thought I'd start one !

Anybody else applying this year ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @twonao I'm applying directly to Cornell Qatar 4 year medical program. I recently graduated from college here in NYC. Are you applying to 2017 cycle?

hey @CityEr just wondering how is your application for WCMC-Q going? did you get an interview yet? I also applied to the 4 year program and still waiting for a response from them

Members don't see this ad :)
hey @CityEr just wondering how is your application for WCMC-Q going? did you get an interview yet? I also applied to the 4 year program and still waiting for a response from them
Hey, not yet!

Has anyone from the 4 year MD application 2017 heard anything yet?

How did you hear skype interviews started, Israa?

a friend of mine who is a first year told me! but she applied as a pre med (has been there for 3 years)

I received an email for a skype interview next week

congratulation! did you ever receive this email "Medical Application Under Review" if so how long ago? if you do not mind saying.

Yes I did, on February 1st
Oh ok .. I guess I have been silently rejected then :( any way good luck on the interview :) I am still confused cause I really thought the interviews had to be in person .... let me know how it goes if you can, I am definitely applying again next year!

Oh ok .. I guess I have been silently rejected then :( any way good luck on the interview :) I am still confused cause I really thought the interviews had to be in person .... let me know how it goes if you can, I am definitely applying again next year!

Sure !
Also don't depsair, I think they call people over a certain period of time.
Also anyone you know who has an idea about how Skype interviews usually go?

Sure !
Also don't depsair, I think they call people over a certain period of time.
Also anyone you know who has an idea about how Skype interviews usually go?

I will ask my friend and if she knows anything I will pass it on !

Yay congrats! Good luck! I have a quick question, doesn't the interview only take place at their campus, or have they started doing it online? Thanks! :)