Cooled RF suprascapular nerve?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timeoutofmind

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the ability to do cooled for this guy who has failed a total shoulder etc versus just thermal.

I dont want to take out the suprascapular artery (I go in the notch), so I am a little hesistant on cooled, but probably it would be more effective on the whole...

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

traditional thermal if pulsed for free fails.
Thanks Steve.
When you say "pulsed for free" do you mean bill for peripheral nerve block and pulse it? If you do this...do you document that you pulsed? Or only document the PNB?
Have any hospital employed docs out there done this? I dont want to run afoul of the compliance people...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the ability to do cooled for this guy who has failed a total shoulder etc versus just thermal.

I dont want to take out the suprascapular artery (I go in the notch), so I am a little hesistant on cooled, but probably it would be more effective on the whole...

What do you think?
Ive had trouble visualizing the notch a few times , u use fluoro? I go ipsilateral slight oblique with cephalAd tilt, but can't really see the notch, any tips? Images?
Thanks