Contract recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soccer171983

living the dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope anyone could give some advice on contract help post fellowship. General do's and don't date great but anything specifically important as a pulmonary critical care attending would be helpful. Also, I don't know if it matters but I am looking to stay in Las Vegas post fellowship.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Private practice or academics? Employed?
That will help the pros here to drop some knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Basically, you'll want to run the numbers past some of us. Some places look to get you to work long and hard for cheap (relatively speaking).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope anyone could give some advice on contract help post fellowship. General do's and don't date great but anything specifically important as a pulmonary critical care attending would be helpful. Also, I don't know if it matters but I am looking to stay in Las Vegas post fellowship.

Thanks.

Do not assume call is shared equally. I.e. Call is shared between 4 providers does not necessarily mean 1:4 call. Senior partners may take call once a week leaving the newbie to pick up the slack.

Ask for the expected call coverage and have it written down either in your contract or offer letter.

Basic numbers I am seeing are base 300-320k. Productivity bonus. 15-25k student loan reimbursement. 20-30k sign on. One model is 7on 7off 7a-7p with np covering inpatient nights and 1-2 phone nights per week.

Basic numbers I am seeing are base 300-320k. Productivity bonus. 15-25k student loan reimbursement. 20-30k sign on. One model is 7on 7off 7a-7p with np covering inpatient nights and 1-2 phone nights per week.

If this is for CCM only, what you are being offered is on the low end. The 2016 MGMA and AMGA salary surveys list the median for intensivists as approximately 400k.

Although I am not sure how busy this gig is and what the location is. Unless this is in the heart of a big city or is not very busy, you may be getting low balled.

Las vegas. Fairly busy practice. both pulm and cc.