This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prospsych711

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings All!

I wish to present my problem to you in hopes of a constructive discussion. I currently hold a BSc in Psychology (Gpa 3.2) from a college in the Caribbean (I'm also a citizen of this country) but I am soon to become a citizen of the U.S. (hopefully). These are my issues:
1. What are the possibilities of me gaining employment with my current degree in any field of psychology e.g. research assistant, etc? I am currently employed in my country but I will be leaving soon. I am a Psychological RA here.

2. I was considering applying directly to a Ph.D. in Clinical Psych program but considering my GPA score, I have opted to apply to a master's then work my way up from there because I know my chances are little to none with my GPA even with good GRE scores. My dilemma is that I am also considering Canada as an option. Is it recommendable that I apply to both Canadian and U.S. master's programs? And if so, what are some good MSc programs in Florida (preferably closer to Miami to Boca area? And what are good programs in Canada? Preferable Toronto area?

3. What are my job options if I do gain my MSc? Will I be able to become gainfully employed in either US or Canada? Will having a high master's GPA increase my chances of getting into a Ph.D. program?

Members don't see this ad.