Confused about Career?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aly12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently a sophomore in college, majoring in biology. I'm confused as to what I want to do in the future. Ever since I was younger I've wanted to become a pediatrician, but I'm not sure if I want to go to med school anymore. Right now I want to go into either nursing or PA. Everyone else I've met at my school who are bio majors want to go to med school, I haven't met or heard anyone talking about going into nursing though. I also feel like I made a mistake when I chose bio as my major, because my school has direct PA and Pharm D. programs, I could have chosen either of those but instead I chose bio. I really regret it, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I didn't choose either of those programs because I never thought that I would be coming to this school(due to the high tuition). So now when I graduate, not only will I be in debt but I won't really have a career either. So I guess my question is would nursing or PA be a better choice?

Members don't see this ad.

No one can make that decision other than you. PAs have a nice income and only have to attend an 18 month graduate course. It all comes down to what YOU want. Choose wisely.

how about you change majors