Conferences as student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jazzy G

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a third year med student that is set on PM&R. I'm working on learning as much as I can about the field, and making myself the best applicant I can be. How helpful is it to attend PM&R conferences as a student? I'm planning on attending AAPMR in the Fall, but am contemplating AAP's annual conference next month. I live on the east coast so traveling to Vegas is a big commitment. I'm curious to know how helpful the education and networking is at these conferences for a student like myself?
Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Only an MS4 but I'd recommend against your wasting time on AAP. AAPM&R on the other hand does a good job of hosting a med student day to expose you to different disciplines and residency programs.

Reactions: 1 user
As an academic PM&R doc, I feel that AAP is a more worthwhile conference for me. That being said, I do think that AAPM&R has a good med student track and their residency fair is booming so if you had to pick one, I'd go AAPM&R.