Coney Island Hospital Traditional Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaat99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide me any recent information on what the traditional rotating internship is like at Coney Island Hospital. Had to scramble after the SOAP and just wanted to know before I signed any contract.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard you get free hot dogs and roller coaster rides daily.....sorry couldn't resist but on a serious note, would you not sign based on input from SDN?

Can anyone provide me any recent information on what the traditional rotating internship is like at Coney Island Hospital. Had to scramble after the SOAP and just wanted to know before I signed any contract.

I did much of my 4th year rotations there (in 2011-2012) in GI, Neuro, Med Sub-I, Heme/Onc, and Peds ER so I can give you what input I have. Most of the residents, if not all, are FMGs with some IMGs. However, they are very knowledgable and for the most part easy to work with. They work residents and students pretty hard at Coney Island with long hours and scut work but I think your training may benefit from it. Many of the attendings are great in that they like to teach. It's pretty much what you would expect out of a busy community hospital program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Curiosly, with all the bashing, they have 97% ABIM pass rate. This is the second highest rate in New York, rivaled only by Interface Hospital's 99%.

Anyone have anything else to add for the TRI? Hours, scut work etc.