Computers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Packers4lifeDPM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be attending AZpod this summer and they give you an iPad (you pay for it but they set it up plus 3 year service plan) and was wondering if I should get a laptop with the iPad and if so, does it make sense to stick with a Mac or go PC?

Members don't see this ad.

So I will be attending AZpod this summer and they give you an iPad (you pay for it but they set it up plus 3 year service plan) and was wondering if I should get a laptop with the iPad and if so, does it make sense to stick with a Mac or go PC?
I am attending Temple this fall and they also give you an IPad. I'm not sure if I'm going to need a laptop but I get one just because I needed one in general. I went with a Mac. My previous MacBook lasted me over seven years so it was worth the investment. If you have an IPad to go along with your MacBook it allows you to sync everything together under one Apple ID username.

Having said that, I don't even know if the laptop is needed so a podiatry student would be better off answering that question for ya lol

Well all of our classes besides the podiatry specific classes are with the D.O. students. So if you would recommend both for a medical student then im assuming I'll need one too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well all of our classes besides the podiatry specific classes are with the D.O. students. So if you would recommend both for a medical student then im assuming I'll need one too.
I just know from my own experience that I study better having both. From a note taking perspective, it's much easier to get the notes down on my lap top. So I don't think there's any harm in having a lap top. Sometimes somethings load better on a lap top.m too. I feel like the laptop and IPad compliment each other very well. You can look at images on the iPad and then write things down on the laptop. But again this is a personal preference

But I understand that if money is tight you may not want to invest in something that costs a lot of money if you don't think you'll need it. If you feel that way, I would wait to see how YOU feel in the classes and stuff and if you really feel like a laptop is necessary, buy one.

I'm sure others will respond though and give you more insight. For me though...I think it's good to have both.

Reactions: 1 user
I only use the iPad Temple gave us for exams, though some people use them to take notes. I have a Mac laptop to take notes and study with and I think the majority of my class uses Macs but it's not necessary to have a Mac. You can sync things between different operating systems through Google Drive.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
So do you think having a new surface pro and an Ipad would be pointless? If I do get anything else, should I go with an actually laptop?

You can easily make it through didactics at Midwestern University with only an Ipad. I picked up a laptop for rotations later.

Two tablet-type computers is kinda redundant in my opinion. I would rather have one tablet and one laptop.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

I like to have my laptop for non school things but that's just me