Committee Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OoPredentoO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My committee is new and inexperienced, especially with AADSAS. I submitted 2 faculty letters and a dentist letter, plus my personal statement and resume to them. They said they will host an interview, where they will ask questions which will be used to synthesize a "committee letter."

Here's where I'm stumped: my committee is saying that they will only submit the committee letter. Since this counts as three letters on AADSAS, this will only allow me to submit 1 of my 3 letters of recommendation. Naturally, I ask if there's a way they can create a packet with my committee letter and my 3 separate letters attached. They had no clue..

So.. is this allowed on AADSAS? Will dental schools be okay with opening a file that contains a committee letter and 3 separate letters attached?

Help please :boom:

Members don't see this ad.

My committee is new and inexperienced, especially with AADSAS. I submitted 2 faculty letters and a dentist letter, plus my personal statement and resume to them. They said they will host an interview, where they will ask questions which will be used to synthesize a "committee letter."

Here's where I'm stumped: my committee is saying that they will only submit the committee letter. Since this counts as three letters on AADSAS, this will only allow me to submit 1 of my 3 letters of recommendation. Naturally, I ask if there's a way they can create a packet with my committee letter and my 3 separate letters attached. They had no clue..

So.. is this allowed on AADSAS? Will dental schools be okay with opening a file that contains a committee letter and 3 separate letters attached?

Help please :boom:
That's how my school does it and I had no problems this cycle. They write a committee letter (essentially a cover letter), and organize it with the other letters into a committee "packet". All in all, I had the committee letter, 3 academic letters and a letter from a dentist.

If I'm not mistaken you mark if your letter is a committee letter in the application, so schools will know what's up.

Some schools do it differently; some like Rekker's and some like yours where they don't include the other letters. Dental schools (I believe) should accept both, so I wouldn't stress over it too much. Personally, I didn't use my school's committee because they take months (they actually said they finished my letter in September) and I wasn't willing to wait that long, and the schools I called said it was fine!