COMLEX Comlex level III December 2016 experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DulceEtDecorumEst

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker here.
I took comlex 3 on dec 2016 and felt like crap walking out of that test. As the score release date draws near I cant help but think I failed it and have to do it again.

Please let me know bout your experiences good or bad.

How do you cope with the wait?

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, long time lurker here.
I took comlex 3 on dec 2016 and felt like crap walking out of that test. As the score release date draws near I cant help but think I failed it and have to do it again.

Please let me know bout your experiences good or bad.

How do you cope with the wait?

Thanks guys

I am in the same boat. I feel like I screwed up the CDM cases at the end. Anxiously waiting the scores.

I don't think they will be released on Monday because NBOME maybe closed for MLK day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Comquest and Combank. I personally felt like Combank alone would have been enough. I didn't have much time to study, so took the approach of doing as many questions as possible.

What's the point of the three day window, other than creating needless anxiety for 2 extra days.

Best wishes for tomm.

Scores out, passed with over 650.

No more NBOME for me. Time to stash away the green book and apply for medical license.

For those that search for "I feel like I failed the comlex 3" posts in the future. Know that I felt unsure about 3/4 of that test, butchered the CDM portion and stilled passed.

Good luck to all and enjoy your life!

Reactions: 1 user
Scores out, passed with over 650.

No more NBOME for me. Time to stash away the green book and apply for medical license.

For those that search for "I feel like I failed the comlex 3" posts in the future. Know that I felt unsure about 3/4 of that test, butchered the CDM portion and stilled passed.

Good luck to all and enjoy your life!
Would echo this. I felt the same way and did better than my first two scores.

I used combank, savarese, Nbome cdm questions, and master the boards step 3. I'm not sure MTB helped at all and would make sure to get through question banks and at least savarese. Even though reading through savarese was really painful it got me some easy questions I would've likely missed.

I passed too. Scored in upper 600's. I agree with the posters above. Felt very unsure about the test and I know I did horrible on the CDM section.

For those with post test anxiety, realize it obviously doesn't take a whole lot to hit 350 and national first time pass rate is 96.4%.

Best wishes to all.

Would anyone mind sharing their Comsae score vs actual score? Just took the Comsae and got a 540, trying to figure out if I can just take the test or need to prep. Thanks!

...there were COMSAE's for Level 3?

Really, it's the same song and dance:

1) Do board review (pick one, run it through once, focus on the stuff you missed/didn't understand)
2) Review Saverese
3) Take the COMLEX
4) Realize that half the stuff on there doesn't correlate to #'s 1 and 2

Same off-the-wall questions, same vague "blueprint," etc. If you made it this far, you'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! Out of curiosity, I just started prepping for Level 3 and choose COMBANK. For those of you who also used it, what was your average on the bank?

Thank you for your posts! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Took comlex step 3 today. I definitely felt more confident coming out of Step 2 than this one.

I prepared with combank and doctors in training. Not sure why I even bothered studying as this test is a whirlwind and I'm not really sure what they were trying to test. A lot of random vague questions. Infant OMM was a hot topic, obscure counterstrain points, etc. Its like they went through my study materials and picked all the stuff I didn't study.

Oh well, good to see that people ended up scoring a lot higher than they thought. Fingers-crossed!

Also took it today. Used UWORLD + COMBANK to prepare. Was scoring 70% on COMBANK 1st pass. Will post back later next month once I get my score ^^

Took it on Friday. Definitely felt like **** walking out of it and still feel like **** the more I think about it. CDM cases were completely hit or miss. Some were really straight forward and stuff everyone should know. Some others I literally had no idea what they were getting at, and no clue what I was supposed to do. Praying for a 350 so I can move on.

Got the COMLEX score back. Ended up scoring 540s with 70% on COMBANK. Peds and obgyn were my weakest subjects. That's why I'm in internal medicine! :cigar:
I definitely feel like COMBANK was not as helpful in scoring easy points compared to COMLEX 1/2 where I had almost word-for-word questions several times. I would recommend spending your time using UWORLD for learning as it will help way more for residency too!

I don't know how but scored 820 on level 3. I'm in shock and I can't really explain how my score was so high. I've really just been hoping to pass this thing after how hard I thought the test was.

460s, not great but nowhere near failing. Posting this for anyone who feels nervous about their performance like I did . You most likely did fine.

Took the exam today and definitely feel like crap. I marked at least half the questions, many more I didn't even bother marking because they were just sooooo random. About half of the CDM cases were straightforward and I think I did alright on. The other half I had such a hard time figuring out what kind of an answer they were looking for.

Anyway, hopefully i got my 350 and this BS is finally over. :=|:-):

W
Took the exam today and definitely feel like crap. I marked at least half the questions, many more I didn't even bother marking because they were just sooooo random. About half of the CDM cases were straightforward and I think I did alright on. The other half I had such a hard time figuring out what kind of an answer they were looking for.

Anyway, hopefully i got my 350 and this BS is finally over. :=|:-):
So what was the verdict? EDIT: I saw in another thread that were someplace in the 600s. NICE! Congrats.

I'm in a similar boat. Took mine about 3 weeks ago. I could have scored really well, I could've bombed the $#!+ out of it. I barely remember the CDM cases but I'm not sure I completely nailed any of them. A few straight up owned me. I'm also a psychiatry resident and my medicine exposure was so-so. (I was a mid to high 600s on Levels I and II, so hoping some decent test taking skills pushed me over the 350 hump).

So I'm taking it next month, psych intern. Im just doing 2 passes of combank and UWORLD with the green book. Im not doing CDM practice besides the ones on NBOME.

Did you guys practice CDMs? wondering how hard getting a 350 is. I honestly feel like I'm using too much time on this test, would rather learn more about my pts.

I got mid 600s lvl 2 so hopefully that helps..

Score out today. Took the exam in June. Got in the low 700s studying for ~3 weeks. Only used ~70% of COMBANK, reviewed viscerosomatics, and reviewed sacral dysfunctions.