General Admissions & OTCAS Columbia University MSOT- Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i tried calling and email...no response

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email that decisions are starting to go out next week. It said that there is no relationship between time and the decision you receive. They are looking at the applications on a rolling basis. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email that decisions are starting to go out next week. It said that there is no relationship between time and the decision you receive. They are looking at the applications on a rolling basis. Good luck everyone!

Just got this email as well said all decisions should be in by late April ugh I cannot wait for this waiting game to be over

Members don't see this ad :)
Late November. I'm assuming I didn't get a checklist because I had everything in on time.

I think if you have all the requirements completed, then there is no point in them sending you a checklist. I think the checklist is just to show you/remind you of your outstanding requirements. I could definitely be wrong.

I got this as well. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
I heard back from Columbia last year around the third week of march. On the application there was a link to a letter with the decision. Then they emailed me like first week of April saying my letter was ready, but it was ready before then.
Did you see that where we are seeing "Application Status: Submitted"?

is anyone else checking their e-mails continuously since we got that "Timeline for Decision notification"??!! :ninja:
i know it could be a whole month that we're waiting, but I really hope i find out sooonnn! the wait is painful

No it's like a link at the bottom that shows up that decision made 3/25
Are you currently in Columbia's OT program? I heard they have a part time program as well. I am trying to do more research as to if part time would be more beneficial but cannot find anything online

Are you currently in Columbia's OT program? I heard they have a part time program as well. I am trying to do more research as to if part time would be more beneficial but cannot find anything online
No I'm not, I didn't get in last year. I have a friend that attends now, and I don't think they have a part time program from what I understand.

They have a 3 year option as opposed to the 2 year (24 month) option, and that would have you complete the program at a slower pace, not sure if that would open up free time for research though cause I assume your schedule would still be pretty busy..

No I'm not, I didn't get in last year. I have a friend that attends now, and I don't think they have a part time program from what I understand.

Do you have any idea how many applications they usually receive? and do you know, from your friend that attends, the demographics of Columbia's cohort? How big the program is, are they mostly people coming from undergrad or people that have had work experience and go back to school??

Members don't see this ad :)
soooooo, no one has heard back right??

Reactions: 2 users
Just because we haven't heard back doesn't mean they didn't start sending out acceptances ;)

I just received an email with a link to news of my acceptance!

Reactions: 6 users
For those who were accepted , what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Did Bussey email you guys? Also is the acceptance link on the application site?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

still haven't heard anything either.. I submitted my app 2 days before the deadline.

For those who were accepted , what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Psychology major and education minor
Gpa: 3.86 overall 3.9 prereq
40 observation hours
Worked as a TA for a statistics class
Worked at a summer camp for underprivileged girls interested in the sciences
Also various other extracurriculars

Just found out I was accepted! Anyone definitely going there?

I did as well I'm thinking maybe they are releasing decisions in last name order?

Hmm, idk cause my last name is early in the alphabet. So if thats the case I should hear this week or next week. I feel like it's randomized and they just want to stagger the decisions because tons of people probably contact them after seeing their admissions decision.

For those that were accepted, when do you have to notify them of your decision by??

I just got accepted yesterday! (was totally not expecting it.) For those of you who gave attended the program, could you give me a sense of how challenging you found the curriculum?

3.73 undergrad GPA, major: advertising. higher GPA with prerequs, but I have't calculated it in total.170
45 hours of shadowing and 170 volunteer hours in the rehab department of a hospital.
I also worked for six years in marketing for a publishing house in Minneapolis.

Did anyone on here apply to nyu too? If so, which one are you leaning more towards. I am trying to compare the programs online.

Did anyone on here apply to nyu too? If so, which one are you leaning more towards. I am trying to compare the programs online.

I applied to nyu as well but to their two tiered ms/otd program but was waitlisted

I received an email today saying that decisions are due April 1st...

I just got this email too I mentioned June 29th because it was only date mentioned on all the forms they gave us

GOT INTO COLUMBIA THIS MORNING!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users
Thank you! Im ELATED! I have an interview this week at Towson...I'm still greatly considering attending because of cost... however, I still need to see my financial aid package at CU.

Of course,
Pre-Req: 3.9
Overall GPA: 3.6 / Senior Yr: 3.9
VHours: Over 200 total (VA & some private hospital in CA. Also assisted in a group exercise class led by an OT professor at USC & Columbia alum)

Extra curricular: research assistant at USC/ disabled student volunteer at a community college.

Good luck!

I got in too! But I would like some insight on how financial aid works. I would love to go here but it's just so costly. Anyone know how much financial aid they usually give?

When I went to their information session they said it was around 75,000 for 2 1/2 years or more if you want the pro-longed slower version of 3 years. You have to include living costs too in the city. I might be wrong though, hope that helps!