Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2 days to pack then driving to CA from TX.

My posterior aches just thinking about it.
Just wait until 4th year. You'll end up having to drive across the country for an extrenship.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wait until 4th year. You'll end up having to drive across the country for an extrenship.

Then flying down to CRIP, and then driving to all the programs after CRIP who didn't go to Texas..... that was a fun 2 weeks haha

Reactions: 2 users
How about rotating at different hospitals but in one state?

You can do that too. Exten/visit at programs you would like to do your residency. It's as simple as that. If they're all in one state that's great; if you're interested in programs all over the country, that's great too!

I did most of mine in Ohio, and surprise, I'm in Ohio. Two of my close friends went all the place and both ended up on the west coast (neither from that area).

Classes begin on Monday.

We got our white coats today.

I feel a bit different.

I also know that I cannot back out anymore since I posted the pics on Facebook!!

Reactions: 7 users
Just flew into NY yesterday :) Been trying to get things I need that I couldn't bring. Anyone else move in to NYCPM yet?

The first week of classes is over. I attended all the lectures this week, they are not mandatory, besides the labs. First exam in about a week and so far its been fun learning all the new materials, meeting new people, and just being in the library.

Oh, also, started hitting the gym. So far so good. :)

Reactions: 3 users
The first week of classes is over. I attended all the lectures this week, they are not mandatory, besides the labs. First exam in about a week and so far its been fun learning all the new materials, meeting new people, and just being in the library.

Oh, also, started hitting the gym. So far so good. :)

Good to see positive reactions.

Whether we all suffer during exam week remains to be seen.

But so far so good. Best of luck.

CSPM Orientation starts in 2 days.

First day of classes at NYCPM tomorrow :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished the first week of classes at Barry.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How it go? For what it's worth, I really liked Barry's meal plan.

It went well. Basically our classes all have mandatory attendance, but the professors are very clear on the notes what they feel we should focus our time on when studying.

It went well. Basically our classes all have mandatory attendance, but the professors are very clear on the notes what they feel we should focus our time on when studying.

That's nice. At Kent it is almost the opposite, we do not have mandatory attendance, but we are left out in the open on what's important to focus on.

That's nice. At Kent it is almost the opposite, we do not have mandatory attendance, but we are left out in the open on what's important to focus on.

Our biochem lectures will be something like this, as in, the professor will not show up to teach in lecture hours, but has online-lecture videos. I think we meet once before an exam to go over some case-study or something.

But, it must be difficult for you guys to know what is important and what is not.

Anyways, tomorrow we start the Anatomy Lab so looking forward to that!

First time getting sick.

Sucks missing lecture.

How is everyone?
First round of exams next week. Lots of material to cover, but confident I know it pretty well. I can see how getting all A's would be very difficult in comparison to undergrad.

We kind of have to follow the objectives. I think about 80% of ques are from there. We have an exam every week, how about you guys?
6 weeks of classes followed by an exam week. As for headphones I just recently picked up an iPad and got beats for free. I think they are normally $95 and I like them because they are wireless.

NYCPM usually has 2 exams a week. It's killer but definitely reduces procrastination...

Yes, this is gold for practical review. Our next Anatomy exam isn't for a month.

We had our anat exam 2 today, all about the upper limb. Our notes for this exam was about 260 pages and there were only 25 questions on the exam..lol
In any case, class avg is around 87 so everyone did well!!!
Biochem on Thursday and it's going a be an alcohol-related weekend!

We had our anat exam 2 today, all about the upper limb. Our notes for this exam was about 260 pages and there were only 25 questions on the exam..lol
In any case, class avg is around 87 so everyone did well!!!
Biochem on Thursday and it's going a be an alcohol-related weekend!
We had 420 pages for 40 questions on our first exam, so similar ratios for our schools. Our average was 77 I believe.

Reactions: 1 users
DMU doesn't have our 2nd anatomy exam til 10/13. When did you guys start?

1:45 AM laying in bed and all I can think about is origin, insertion, innervation, blood supply, and action of the forearm and hand muscles... With a bit of brachial plexus every once in a while.
:boom:

Reactions: 5 users
Well that is all well and good, but do you know what the powerhouse of the cell is?

1:45 AM laying in bed and all I can think about is origin, insertion, innervation, blood supply, and action of the forearm and hand muscles... With a bit of brachial plexus every once in a while.

We are in the middle of lower extremity Anat.
For upper, besides the brachial plexus, the lumbricals were important for us.

:shrug:

The closest thing to anatomy in NYCPM first semester is a homeless guy urinating on a bike rack.

Reactions: 1 users
Basically..
Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 2.53.32 PM.png