Class of 2021 Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! When is "too late" to apply? I'm looking to submit everything in the end of October/mid-November. I decided on Optometry this past spring, and I'm currently a senior in undergrad. I became VP of the optometry club on campus and i'm currently shadowing as well. My GPA is ~3.0. Planning to take the OAT next month and am aiming really high. Chances?
I'd say November is no longer early, but not really late yet either. If you really rock the OAT, it could definitely make up for any GPA or "late" application concerns you have.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Date OptomCAS submitted: Mid July
Date verified: End of July
OAT Scores: AA 300/ TS 290 with many of the individual scores below 290
Major: BS Psychology
GPA: overall 3.49/science 3.13
Extracurricular Activities: hospital volunteering, shadowing 50 hours
Schools applied: 13 schools
Interviews extended/date: interview offers from NOVA and MWU-IL
Interviews accepted: Accepted both NOVA AND MWU-IL
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date: NOVA told me to retake the OAT's
Acceptance/date: 9/29/2016 MWU-IL

GOING TO MWU-IL!
hope this gives you all hope if you have LOW OAT scores and a LOW science GPA!
don't let anyone discourage you and apply to a few schools you never know!

Good luck to you all! and Congratulations to those who have been accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Interviews declined:

GOING TO MWU-IL!

How was your interview at MWU-IL? I have mine this weekend!

Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: End of Aug.
Date verified: End of Aug/Beginning of Sept.
OAT Scores: AA 330/ TS 320
Major: BS Biological Science
GPA: overall 3.01/science 3.24
Extracurricular Activities: hospital volunteering, shadowing 100 hours, work in an optometry office as unlicensed optician for ~1 year, biomedical research
Schools applied: NECO, PCO, SCCO, Western, PUCO, ICO (have not done supplemental)
Interviews extended/date: NECO (mid sept.), PCO (early sept.), SCCO (early sept.) PUCO (9/30)
Interviews accepted: NECO (10/3), PCO (9/26), SCCO (10/8), PUCO (11/4), Western (10/14)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (9/29), NECO (10/5)

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: SUNY (8/22), Western (8/22) still need to submit secondary, SCCO (9/14), Berkeley to come
Date verified: 8/24/16
OAT Scores: 340 AA, 340 TS
Major: Neurobiology, Physiology, & Behavior
GPA: Science 2.90, Post-Bacc Science 4.0 @ community college, Cumulative Overall 3.11
Extracurricular Activities: Did a small bit of research in undergrad. Lots of shadowing in private practices, multi-doctor practices, and hospital settings w/ special interest in low vision and pediatrics. Volunteered at a school for blind children. Volunteered at state prison mentoring inmates. Currently working as an optometric technician and an optician at a well-established and well-known practice. Been helping run a music school back home for 8+ years.
Schools applied: SUNY, Western, SCCO, Berkeley to come
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (8/24), SCCO (9/22), Western to come, Berkeley to come
Interviews accepted: SUNY (9/28), SCCO (11/5)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY (9/29)

Hey all, not much of an active member here, but I feel really happy and thought I should share my profile in case anybody would like a little bit of help/hope in applying. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Having a weak GPA is definitely not something insurmountable. I was even on academic probation at some point! You can always prove you are a superstar in other ways :) get in those applications as soon as possible!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, I have a few questions. I have already submitted my application (OptomCAS) and everything has been verified however, I have not taken the OAT yet but was planning to take it at the end of October. I have a 3.45 GPA and over 500 hours of optometry experience. Is October/November time frame to take the OAT late? I received an email from Salus saying they received everything and are awaiting my scores. Do I have a chance of getting in if I push it back to say, November? Or does it become more competitive as it is rolling admissions? My top choices are Salus and SUNY.

Hi everyone, I have a few questions. I have already submitted my application (OptomCAS) and everything has been verified however, I have not taken the OAT yet but was planning to take it at the end of October. I have a 3.45 GPA and over 500 hours of optometry experience. Is October/November time frame to take the OAT late? I received an email from Salus saying they received everything and are awaiting my scores. Do I have a chance of getting in if I push it back to say, November? Or does it become more competitive as it is rolling admissions? My top choices are Salus and SUNY.
You should be fine if you take it end of october/ beg of november. As long as all your materials are already inn

Is MWU-Il accredited?

Taken from Midwestern's website:

"The Chicago College of Optometry has been granted the accreditation classification of "Preliminary Approval" as of March 2, 2016 by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE), of the American Optometric Association (AOA), 243 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63141-7881; phone 314-991-4100. "Preliminary Approval" is the classification granted to a professional degree program that has clearly demonstrated it is developing in accordance with Council standards.

Midwestern University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA), located at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413; phone 312/263-0456."

From my understanding, they won't be fully accredited until after their first class graduates.

Interviews declined:

GOING TO MWU-IL!

Just curious if you heard back from any of the other schools you applied to? Do schools send out rejection e-mails/letters right away?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/10/16
Date verified: 8/19/2016
OAT Scores: AA310, TS290
Major: Health Science Studies
GPA: 3.19
Extracurricular Activities: over 1500 hours as an optometric technician, cofacilitated a low vision clinic and support group, member of pre-health society at my university, research assistant on and off for a couple semesters
Schools applied: Salus, NECO, UMSL, NOVA, SCO, and KYCO
Interviews extended/date: Salus (8/24), NECO (8/26), SCO (10/4) and KYCO (10/12)
Interviews accepted: Salus (9/15), NECO (9/26) and SCO (11/18)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Salus (9/23) and NECO (10/5):)

I had a rough start to undergrad but showed an upward trend in my grades which Salus even brought up during my interview so I think that helped out a lot. In the end it isn't about how high your GPA and OAT scores are, it's about how interested you really are in the profession. So if you have any doubt in your application because you don't think your scores are high enough, always apply if you truly want to be an optometrist. Don't reject yourself, let them reject you! Good luck everyone and congrats to those on their way to becoming an OD!! :)

Last edited:
Extracurricular Activities: over 1500 hours as an optometric technician, cofacilitated a low vision clinic and support group, member of pre-health society at my university, research assistant on and off for a couple semesters
Interviews extended/date: Salus (8/24) and NECO (8/26)
Interviews accepted: Salus (9/15) and NECO (9/26)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Salus (9/23) :)

I had a rough start to undergrad but showed an upward trend in my grades which Salus even brought up during my interview so I think that helped out a lot. In the end it isn't about how high your GPA and OAT scores are, it's about how interested you really are in the profession. So if you have any doubt in your application because you don't think your scores are high enough, always apply if you truly want to be an optometrist. Don't reject yourself, let them reject you! Good luck everyone and congrats to those on their way to becoming an OD!! :)

Congratulations!! You are very right about having a passion for optometry which will surely get you accepted. How was your interview? What were some of the questions like?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/30/16
Date verified: 8/31/16
OAT Scores: 300 TS/ 300 AA
Major: Health Science
Minor(s): Spanish, Biology, Chemistry
GPA: 3.11 (had a rough start to college but really turned it around--my GPA was below a 2.5 after a year and a half of college if that gives you any idea;) )
Extracurricular Activities: University Band, Jazz Band, Sigma Delta Pi, Health Science Club, Campus Ministries, Spanish Club. I have studied abroad in Mexico and Cuba, I have been on several mission trips to Mexico, and I am proficient in Spanish. I have done 2 different volunteer projects while in Mexico. I have worked at a private optometry practice for 1.5 years as a doctor's assistant and a lens technician. I was a Residential Assistant for 1 year and a Senior Residential Assistant for 1 year after that. I will be taking the exam in November to be a Certified Paraoptometric Assistant. I am currently a worship leader at my church.
Schools applied: NSUOCO, SCO, Western, KYCO, Salus, RSO
Interviews extended/date: NSUOCO(10/3) woohoo!!
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I am reapplying this year. I got a late start on my application last year(submitted in late November :whistle:) and was told to reapply next year. I interviewed at a couple schools but I wasn't competitive enough at that time in the cycle. Schools said my GPA and OAT were a little below average or around average. Schools were impressed with the rest of my application, however, but said I should maybe retake the OAT and definitely apply much earlier in the cycle. So that's what I'm doing :)

Can you tell me your OAT score individual?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you tell me your OAT score individual?
Sure!

QR 320 (ehh)
RC 320 (ehh...again)
BIO 280 (Not terrible, but I have done much, much better...you know what...for me it's pretty terrible)
GC 320 (Pretty proud of personally :))
OC 290 (thought I did better than what I scored)
PHYS 290 (The highest I've ever scored)
AA 300 (same as my last OAT)
TS 300 (went up 20 points from last OAT)

I took 5 years to complete undergrad. I graduated last May and I'm reapplying to optometry school this year. I took physics 5 years ago and gen chem 3 years ago. Those sections were the one's I needed to study the most, however, because of that, I let my Bio studying suffer. For me I think bio is a section you could never study too much. All of the other sections are concepts or equations or strategies but for Biology you gotta know your stuff (just my opinion though). I have done better on all the sections for practice tests and previous OAT's that I have taken--except this is the highest my GenChem and Physics have ever been. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Sure!

QR 320 (ehh)
RC 320 (ehh...again)
BIO 280 (Not terrible, but I have done much, much better...you know what...for me it's pretty terrible)
GC 320 (Pretty proud of personally :))
OC 290 (thought I did better than what I scored)
PHYS 290 (The highest I've ever scored)
AA 300 (same as my last OAT)
TS 300 (went up 20 points from last OAT)

I took 5 years to complete undergrad. I graduated last May and I'm reapplying to optometry school this year. I took physics 5 years ago and gen chem 3 years ago. Those sections were the one's I needed to study the most, however, because of that, I let my Bio studying suffer. For me I think bio is a section you could never study too much. All of the other sections are concepts or equations or strategies but for Biology you gotta know your stuff (just my opinion though). I have done better on all the sections for practice tests and previous OAT's that I have taken--except this is the highest my GenChem and Physics have ever been. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you for your reply. When is your interview? U said your GPA is 3.1? Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. When is your interview? U said your GPA is 3.1? Good luck.
Just scheduled it 5 minutes ago. It's scheduled for October 17th. I talked to the Director of Student Affairs and she said she was pleased to see my TS score go up. Yeah my GPA is a 3.1 (on the lower side) but had a very positive trend to my grades throughout undergrad. And thanks!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/21/16
Date verified: 10/3/2016
OAT Scores: AA 380/ TS 380
Major: Biology with a Minor in Neurobiology
GPA: 3.7
Extracurricular Activities: 500 hours of optometric experience, volunteer work, and leadership positions in 2 clubs
Schools applied: SUNY, Salus, NECO
Interviews extended/date: SUNY, Salus, NECO
Interviews accepted: SUNY
Interviews declined: Salus, NECO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: 11/3 SUNY!!!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/26/16
Date verified: 8/30/16
OAT Scores: 1st time- 300AA 270 TS.
2nd time 330 AA 320 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 2.85
Extracurricular Activities: Alpha Phi Omega service brother, various volunteering around town. 5 years experience as optometric technician, 6 years laboratory technician and 4 years Optometrist office manager for small private practice.
Schools applied: UIWRSO, AZCOPT, NOVA (suppl on 8/30).
Interviews extended/date: Azcopt 9/2, Nova 9/7
Interviews accepted: Azcopt 9/26, Nova 9/30
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT 9/30!!

My GPA suffered severely from medical problems during my undergraduate education. Two spine surgeries and a few metal plates and I've found the field I want to pursue. I have been working for an optometrist since 2011 and have worked my way up to second in command. I also interviewed last May with RSO but unfortunately didn't get in. Retook my OAT due to a low score and it has helped greatly. Good luck to us all!

Can you tell me what the interview for Midwestern was like?

Can you tell me what the interview for Midwestern was like?

I'm not sure what the interview for MWU-Az is like but I just had my interview for MWU-Il and it was MMI format. Hope this helps for anyone interviewing there. ;)

I'm so excited to receive an acceptance from NECO! I'm still going to interview at PCO this weekend but I believe NECO is going to be it!!
Feels so good to be through this process! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!! You are very right about having a passion for optometry which will surely get you accepted. How was your interview? What were some of the questions like?

Thank you! Both of my interviews were super laid back. At Salus it was more questions to kind of fill in gaps on my application. They asked how I prepared for the OAT, why I'm interested in optometry/what are some things that I think are negatives about optometry/how did i manage to improve my grades throughout college. NECO was even more laid back and my interviewer straight up said he never looked at my application and that he only read my essay..we honestly just talked about hobbies and sports and I asked some of his opinions on controversies in optometry. I freaked out for no reason!

Accepted to NECO with $10,000/year scholarship, accepted to PCO scholars and traditional, and accepted to SUNY! :)

Now I have a tough decision to make... (any input is welcomed!)
Congrats on your acceptances! If you don't mind me asking, how was your PCO scholars interview?

I'm planning to send applications out by the end of this month. Would that be a little late? Should I finish them as soon as possible?

I'm planning to send applications out by the end of this month. Would that be a little late? Should I finish them as soon as possible?
The first time I applied, I finished in late November/early December. My stats weren't superb, so at that time I wasn't very competitive. I would say that depending on how competitive your app is might determine how long you want to wait...but I would say as early as possible is always best, regardless of your stats :)
PS: don't rush your application though

Are the GPA's you guy's are listing your overall optomcas GPA? Or science?

Are the GPA's you guy's are listing your overall optomcas GPA? Or science?
I think people usually post Overall unless they specify Science GPA along with their overall GPA

Date OptomCAS submitted: Puerto Rico (10/07/16) AZCOPT (11/15/16) Western (11/15/16) SCCO (12/5/16)
Date verified: 10/10/2016
OAT Scores: 330 TS 330 AA
Major: Public health Science (UC)
GPA: Optomcas Overall: 3.17, Prerequisite: 3.20
Extracurricular Activities: 6 months optometric assistant, 4 months optometry volunteer, 200 hrs hospital volunteer work, Opthalmology clinic experience, Club leaders etc.
Schools applied: SCCO, Western, Midwestern(AZ), Puerto Rico
Interviews extended/date: Midwestern (11/18/16), Western (12/1/16), (update: SCCO 3/24/17)
Interviews accepted: Midwestern (12/16/16), Western (1/6/17)
Interviews declined: SCCO, Puerto Rico
Rejections/date: SCCO-app on hold for GPA reasons (update: received an interview)
Acceptance/date: Midwestern 12/16, Western (1/11/16)

Attending Western!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/17/16
Date verified: 7/19/16
OAT Scores: AA 320, TS 320 (Retaken 8/23)
Major: Biology Major, Public Health Concentration, Studio Arts Minor
GPA: 3.18
Extracurricular Activities: Pre-Health Society Secretary, Pre-Optometry Mentor, Vice President of Residential Life, Lots of community work, 300+ hours of optometry internship, 3 sites, one optomologist
Schools applied: PCO, NECO, Western, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: PCO 8/16 , NECO 8/24, Western 9/19
Interviews accepted: PCO 9/6, NECO 9/27
Interviews declined: Western
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO 9/19 NECO 10/5

*Attending PCO
What was the interview process like at PCO?

Interviews extended/date: Salus (8/24) and NECO (8/26)
Interviews accepted: Salus (9/15) and NECO (9/26)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Salus (9/23) and NECO (10/4):)

Congrats on your acceptance! What was the interview process like at PCO?

What was the interview process like at PCO?
Hey, I interviewed at PCO in September. PCO was definitely the most laid back interview I've done so far. You get there and then are taken into a room with an O.D. from the admissions committee and she gives a presentation about the school (~1 hour iirc). Before the presentation she goes around the table and asks everyone to introduce themselves and why they want to go to PCO/travelled so far (I'm from California). During the presentation you are allowed to ask any questions. After this is done, you are called by your interviewer into their office. The interview is extremely, extremely laid back. My interviewer started out by saying that he was there to help me kind of "fill in any gaps of my application." As this was my first interview I felt very nervous, but I actually forgot it was an interview and felt like I was just having a normal conversation (I know a lot of people say this about a lot of interviews, but with PCO I felt this way most). After the interview you take a shuttle to get a tour of the clinic, come back and have lunch with the students that toured you around and then are given a tour of the school. The admissions committee meets every other Thursday so depending on when they met last you will find out about a decision within two weeks.

Just wanted to share in case others have similar stats. If anyone has any specific questions pertaining extra-curricular, breakdown of OAT, etc. feel free to shoot me a PM.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 10/02/16
Date verified: 10/05/16
OAT Scores: 330 TS, 340 AA
Major: Bio
GPA: 3.37 overall
Schools applied: IUSO, Salus (Traditional), SUNY, UHCO, Western, PUCO (10/25 secondaries)
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (10/06), Salus (10/10), IUSO (10/12), Western (10/13), UHCO (10/19), PUCO (10/26)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (11/09), Salus (11/7), IUSO (11/4), Western (10/28)
Interviews declined:UHCO (11/3), PUCO (11/3) - originally accepted both
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Western (11/2), IUSO (11/8), SUNY (11/10, so fast!), Salus (11/16)

It was a really hard decision, but I will be attending Western next year! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/21
Date verified: 9/9
OAT Scores: AA 320 TS 320
Major: Studio Art- Concentrating in Photography (graduated '09)
GPA: 3.6
Extracurricular Activities: Optometric tech at 2 practices part time. Shadowed 30+ hours. Volunteered at: UCSD Shiley Eye Institute, Braille Institute, Unite for Sight (India), Special Olympics. Formerly a program coordinator for non-profit arts organization that taught photography to immigrant & refugee youth. Lots of hours volunteering in the arts.
Schools applied: OSU, Indiana, PUCO, SCCO, Western, Midwestern, ICO, UCB (upcoming)
Interviews extended/date: Indiana (9/12), OSU (9/13), SCCO (9/13), PUCO (9/15), UC Berkeley (1/6)
Interviews accepted: SCCO (10/8), OSU (10/14), UC Berkeley (1/28)
Interviews declined: PUCO , Indiana
Rejections/date: -
Acceptance/date:
SCCO (10/10), OSU (10/17)

Wish me luck on the rest of my interviews, and best of luck to all of you. :)

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/03/16
Date verified: 7/28/16
OAT Scores: TS:320 AA:310
GPA: 3.4
Extracurricular Activities: Intramural chair, Korean organization (secretary, treasurer and v.p), biology class practicum student, around 70 hrs of volunteering experience in E.R, 150 hrs of shadowing experience and 20 hrs of shadowing hrs in S.Korea.
Schools applied: Midwestern, SCO, UMSL, Indiana, NSUOCO, UIWRSO
Interviews extended/date: Midwestern (8/06/16), UMSL (8/25/16), SCO (9/06/16)
Interviews accepted: Midwestern (9/06/16), UMSL (9/12/16), SCO (9/23/16)
Acceptance/date:SCO (9/28/16)

Going to SCO next year! Home of the blues!

I don't have the highest GPA or OAT score but I was very lucky to get accepted in both UMSL and AZCOPT as well. Just wanted to say that there is a hope for everyone if this is a career that you are pursuing. If you guys have any questions, PM me whenever and I will be happy to answer. Good luck to all future optometrist and congratulations to those who have been accepted!
Did NSUOCO ever contact you?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 10/3/16
Date verified: 10/6/16
OAT Scores: 340 TS / 340 AA
GPA: 3.9
Extracurricular Activities: Health Science Club, National Honor Society, a lot of volunteer hours, about 100 shadowing/scribe hours
Schools applied: NECO, PCO, SCO, SUNY
Interviews extended/date: NECO 10/12, PCO 10/11, SCO 10/6, SUNY 10/11,
Interviews accepted: NECO 10/31, PCO 10/20, SCO 10/28,
Interviews declined: SUNY
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
PCO 10/27, SCO 11/2, NECO 11/2

Last edited:
No not yet. I believe they will start looking at their applicants next month or early December.
Ok I was curious. I have an interview with them next Monday and saw you were accepted elsewhere. Thanks!

No not yet. I believe they will start looking at their applicants next month or early December.
I was asking because I wasn't sure if you were planning on still interviewing with them if you are invited since you have been accepted to another program. I have also been accepted elsewhere but I will still interview with NSUOCO since it's my #1 pick.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/23/2016
Date verified: 9/26/2016
OAT Scores: 400 TS, 390 AA
Major: Radiological Technology
GPA: 3.66
Extracurricular Activities: 30 hours shadowing, 100 hours volunteering at an opto clinic, volunteering at a hospital, intramural volleyball and hockey, part of band in a choir the past 8 years, tutoring, volunteer with homeless and constructing affordable housing, small engineering research project and archery.
Schools applied: SCO, NECO, SUNY, IU, Salus, MCPHS, ICO and Waterloo
Interviews extended/date: SCO 9/27, NECO 9/28, SUNY 9/28, IU 10/3, Salus 10/4, ICO 10/22, MCPHS 10/27, Waterloo 11/21
Interviews accepted: Salus 10/11, SCO 10/28, NECO 10/31, ICO 11/17, Waterloo 1/14
Interviews declined: IU 10/14, SUNY 10/21, MCPHS 11/3
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
Salus 10/13, NECO 11/2, SCO 11/2, ICO 12/2

It took me 5 years to get an undergraduate degree and another year for optometry pre-reqs. On the bright side, I have a side job as an x-ray tech!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/16/16
Date verified: 08/16/16
OAT Scores: TS 310, AA 330
GPA: 3.72
Extracurricular Activities: 65 hours of shadowing with 3 different doctors and 1 optician, National Biological Honor Society (BBB), Circle K International, various other clubs on campus
Schools applied: PUCO, ICO, IUSO, MWU Arizona
Interviews extended/date: IUSO 8/24, PUCO 9/7
Interviews accepted: IUSO 9/30, PUCO 10/14
Interviews declined: ICO, MWU Arizona
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
IUSO 10/10, PUCO 10/20

Attending PUCO in Fall 2017!

Last edited:
I got a call and was accepted to NSUOCO today!!! :soexcited::highfive::claps:

Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations jfg8393!
Has anyone heard back from UHCO yet? I submitted my application early September, but nothing yet.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/25/2016
Date verified: 9/28/2016
OAT Scores: 320 TS, 320 AA
Major: Biomedical Engineering from UT of Austin
GPA: 3.5 Overall
Extracurricular Activities: SEEK Volunteer (3yrs), Optometric Tech (1.5 yrs), Research Assistant (1yr)
Schools applied: UHCO, UIWRSO, SCO - Paid for supplemental on 9/26/16
Pacific, NOVA - Didn't pay for supplemental
Interviews extended/date: UIWRSO - 9/27/16, SCO - 9/28/16, UHCO 9/29/16
Interviews accepted: UIWRSO - 10/7/2016, UHCO 10/10/16
Interviews declined: SCO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UIWRSO - 10/10/16, UHCO 10/10/16

Going to UHCO next fall '17. Based my decision strictly on cost of tuition and living expenses. Originally from Houston, so this was a no brainer.

Ahh congrats!! Im attending NSUCO ! if you are too, then hope to see u!!
Thanks! And do you mean NSU in Florida or NSUOCO in Oklahoma?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/23/16
Date verified: 9/26/16
OAT Scores: AA: 370; Total Science: 380
Major: BA Psychology
GPA: 3.3; Science: 2.9
Extracurricular Activities: Volunteered at NYEEI, Shadowed two doctors (private practice + retail)
Schools applied: PCO, SUNY, MCPHS , NECO, IU, OSU, NOVA, ICO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (10/5), SUNY (9/28), MCPHS (10/17), NOVA (10/11), ICO (10/19)
Interviews accepted: PCO, SUNY,
Interviews declined: Canceled MCPHS and NOVA and never scheduled ICO b/c I got accepted to SUNY
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/13 - 3 days after interview); SUNY (10/21 - the day after the interview + headed there next year!)

Good Luck to everyone applying!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/23/16
Date verified: 9/26/16
OAT Scores: AA: 370; Total Science: 380
Major: BA Psychology
GPA: 3.3; Science: 2.9
Extracurricular Activities: Volunteered at NYEEI, Shadowed two doctors (private practice + retail)
Schools applied: PCO, SUNY, MCPHS , NECO, IU, OSU, NOVA, ICO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (10/5), SUNY (9/28), MCPHS (10/17), NOVA (10/11), ICO (10/19)
Interviews accepted: PCO, SUNY,
Interviews declined: Canceled MCPHS and NOVA and never scheduled ICO b/c I got accepted to SUNY
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/13 - 3 days after interview); SUNY (10/21 - the day after the interview + headed there next year!)

Good Luck to everyone applying!
Welcome to SUNY and NYC! We look so much forward to seeing the class of 2021!

Reactions: 1 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: End of August 2016
Date verified: Beginning of September 2016
OAT Scores: 310 AA, 300 TS
Major: Zoology/Pre-optometry
GPA: 3.97 overall/4.00 science
Schools applied: MCO (Michigan), PUCO (Oregon), NOVA (Florida), PCO/SALUS (PA), Western (CA)
Interviews extended/date: MCO-9/30, PUCO-9/15, NOVA-9/16, PCO-10/25, Western-9/19
Interviews accepted: MCO-10/17, PUCO-10/14
Interviews declined: NOVA, PCO, Western
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
MCO-10/19, PUCO-10/20

Going to Michigan College of Optometry next fall! I will be going without a bachelor's degree and earning a degree in Vision Science after the first year of optometry school. It's possible :)

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 10-19-2016
Date verified: 10-20-2016
OAT Scores: 340TS/330AA
GPA: 3.60
Schools applied: UIWRSO, UHCO
Interviews extended/date: UIWRSO (11-2-2016) UHCO (11-21-2016)
Interviews accepted: UIWRSO (11-18-2016) UHCO (1-30-2017)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UIWRSO (11-22-2016) UHCO (1-31-2017)

Going to UHCO :)

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8-30-2016
Date verified: 8-30-2016
OAT Scores: 320TS/320AA
Major: Anthropology
GPA: 3.21
Schools applied: PUCO
Interviews extended/date: 9-15-2016
Interviews accepted: 10-14-2016
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date: