Class of 2021 Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyebelieveinyou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's too early to start this thread, but here it is anyway. Feel free to contribute and update your existing post as time goes on.

Date OptomCAS submitted:
Date verified:
OAT Scores:
Major:
GPA:
Extracurricular Activities:
Schools applied:
Interviews extended/date:
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Good luck to us all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I used the Professional Transcript Entry service in case anyone has questions about that. SCO interviews are only offered on Fridays, NECO interviews appear to be Mondays or Fridays, and UHCO interviews are only on Mondays.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/30/2016
Date verified: 08/01/2016
OAT Scores: 330 TS/320 AA
Major: Biology, Business Certificate
GPA: 3.77
Schools applied: UHCO (only one currently)
Interviews extended/date: UHCO (8/26)
Interviews accepted: UHCO (9/26)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
UHCO (9/26)

Going to UHCO!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Date OptomCAS submitted: 6/30/16
Date verified: 7/11/16
OAT Scores: 370
Major: psychobiology
GPA: 3.95

does anyone know how early interviews are sent out? (assuming your application is complete)
An older friend of mine told me her application was sent out August 10th of last year and she received calls for interviews from a few schools early September... but every school is pretty different I assume. They told her that her interview scheduled for the third week of September was the second batch at that particular school.

An older friend of mine told me her application was sent out August 10th of last year and she received calls for interviews from a few schools early September... but every school is pretty different I assume. They told her that her interview scheduled for the third week of September was the second batch at that particular school.
Hello lucyOD! I just wanted to say what a coincidence that my first name is actually Lucy. heehee :D I'm actually starting SUNY in about two weeks from now. Good luck to all of you applying this cycle! May the odds be in your favor !

I got my GPA 3.1 and I took OAT twice both time I got AA 310 and TS 300.
Do I have chances to get in this year? Which school I should apply. Any idea?
Also, somebody was saying if you get interview then you have almost 95% chances to accepted by that school is it true?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/17/16
Date verified: 8/9/16 (took a while for transcript to arrive)
OAT Scores: 400 TS/380 AA
Major: Cognitive Science
GPA: 3.70
Schools applied: SUNY & Salus (Scholars & Traditional)
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (8/15), Salus (8/16)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (9/26), Salus Scholars (9/27)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SUNY (9/28), Salus Scholars (10/6)

I'll be joining the Salus Scholars Class of 2020!! :banana:

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/11
Date verified: 08/14
OAT Scores: 300 TS/ 320 AA
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.50
Schools applied: ICO, PUCO (never finished applying, they wanted more shadow hrs)
Interviews extended/date: ICO 08/29
Interviews accepted: ICO 09/23
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: ICO 10/07

GOING TO ICO! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/30/16
Date verified: 8/31/16
OAT Scores: 300 TS/ 300 AA
MKajor: Health Science
Minor(s): Spanish, Biology, Chemistry
GPA: 3.11 (had a rough start to college but really turned it around--my GPA was below a 2.5 after a year and a half of college if that gives you any idea;) )
Extracurricular Activities: University Band, Jazz Band, Sigma Delta Pi, Health Science Club, Campus Ministries, Spanish Club. I have studied abroad in Mexico and Cuba, I have been on several mission trips to Mexico, and I am proficient in Spanish. I have done 2 different volunteer projects while in Mexico. I have worked at a private optometry practice for 1.5 years as a doctor's assistant and a lens technician. I was a Residential Assistant for 1 year and a Senior Residential Assistant for 1 year after that. I will be taking the exam in November to be a Certified Paraoptometric Assistant. I am currently a worship leader at my church.
Schools applied: NSUOCO, SCO, Western, KYCO, Salus, UIWRSO
Interviews extended/date: NSUOCO(10/3) KYCO (10/12)
Interviews accepted: NSUOCO(10/17)
Interviews declined:
KYCO(10/12)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
UIWRSO(10/5)--skipped the interview, NSUOCO (10/18)*attending:soexcited:

I reapplied this year. I got a late start on my application last year(submitted in late November :whistle:) and was told to reapply next year. I interviewed at a couple schools but I wasn't competitive enough at that time in the cycle. Schools said my GPA and OAT were a little below average or around average. Schools were impressed with the rest of my application, however, but said I should maybe retake the OAT and definitely apply much earlier in the cycle. So that's what I did and I was accepted to my #1 and #2 pick schools!! :) Don't give up on your dreams!!

Update: I'm withdrawing my application from all schools except for NSUOCO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/30/16
Date verified: waiting to be verified
OAT Scores: 330 AA (taking again on 09/16/16)
Major: Health Science
Minor(s): Spanish, Biology, Chemistry
GPA: 3.3 (had a rough start to college but really turned it around--my GPA was below a 2.5 after a year and a half of college if that gives you any idea;) )
Extracurricular Activities: University Band, Jazz Band, Sigma Delta Pi, Health Science Club, I have studied abroad in Mexico and Cuba, I have been on several mission trips to Mexico, I have worked at a private optometry practice for 1.5 years as a doctor's assistant and a lens technician
Schools applied: NSUOCO, SCO, Western, KYCO, Salus, RSO
Interviews extended/date:
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I am reapplying this year. I got a late start on my application last year(submitted in late November :whistle:) and was told to reapply next year. I interviewed at a couple schools but I wasn't competitive enough at that time in the cycle. Schools said my GPA and OAT were a little below average or around average. Schools were impressed with the rest of my application, however, but said I should maybe retake the OAT and definitely apply much earlier in the cycle. So that's what I'm doing :)

If you don't mind can you tell me where and when do d you apply last year and what was your GPA and OAT score was.

If you don't mind can you tell me where and when do d you apply last year and what was your GPA and OAT score was.

I applied to RSO, NSUOCO, Midwestern, UMSL, & NOVA. I got interviews at NSUOCO and RSO. My GPA was a 3.2 when I applied and my OAT was still a 300.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my GPA 3.1 and I took OAT twice both time I got AA 310 and TS 300.
Do I have chances to get in this year? Which school I should apply. Any idea?
Also, somebody was saying if you get interview then you have almost 95% chances to accepted by that school is it true?
You definitely don't have a 95% chance if you get an interview. All schools are different on how they interview and accept applicants. Most schools have around a 10% acceptance rate. And let's say they interview half of the applicants and accept 10% of the total you're looking at roughly a 20% chance if you get an interview if you're just going off of statistics.

You definitely don't have a 95% chance if you get an interview. All schools are different on how they interview and accept applicants. Most schools have around a 10% acceptance rate. And let's say they interview half of the applicants and accept 10% of the total you're looking at roughly a 20% chance if you get an interview if you're just going off of statistics.

Thanks for reply. When did you apply and when did you got interview? I have seen people got admission with 3.1 GPA and OAT 300 that's the reason I am asking you. How your interview went with those 2 schools and what they said? Sorry I am asking so many questions bcz I have close GPA and OAT what you had. I have not started applying so I will get idea to apply those schools or not.

Thanks for reply. When did you apply and when did you got interview? I have seen people got admission with 3.1 GPA and OAT 300 that's the reason I am asking you. How your interview went with those 2 schools and what they said? Sorry I am asking so many questions bcz I have close GPA and OAT what you had. I have not started applying so I will get idea to apply those schools or not.

Don't be scared to apply to schools just because of stats :) I applied in late November(don't wait that long) I receive an offer for an interview at NSUOCO in January and had my interview in February. I was rejected by NSUOCO in May and then offered an interview at RSO in May and found out in early August that I wasn't accepted there either. My at NSU was a one on one interview with three different people. The questions were pretty typical. My interview went great, probably the best part of my overall app. I emailed them after I was rejected and asked strengths/weaknesses, they said my interviews were great and everyone loved me, but my OAT and GPA could be better and my app should have been submitted earlier to be competitive. At RSO they invite 12 or so people to see the school and interview all at once. You get there around 8, get an overview of the school, do the interviews, and tour the school. My interview didn't go as well as I wanted it to. I didn't feel like it went well at all. Afterwards I knew I could've done better, but it's all good. They have one on one interviews for everyone at the same time. You only have one interview (which I didn't like, I would've preferred at least two). The interview is very simple. I wish they would've asked more questions. The interview felt rushed, and I felt like I didn't have as much time as I wanted to, but that's probably not how everyone felt about their interview though. ; )

Don't let statistics scare you. If optometry is your dream and you're serious about it, pursue it with everything you have. Let everyone know it's not something you're going to give up on. Decide that there won't be a "Plan B." If it is what you're genuinely passionate about, make it happen. And don't forget to believe in yourself :)

Don't be scared to apply to schools just because of stats :) I applied in late November(don't wait that long) I receive an offer for an interview at NSUOCO in January and had my interview in February. I was rejected by NSUOCO in May and then offered an interview at RSO in May and found out in early August that I wasn't accepted there either. My at NSU was a one on one interview with three different people. The questions were pretty typical. My interview went great, probably the best part of my overall app. I emailed them after I was rejected and asked strengths/weaknesses, they said my interviews were great and everyone loved me, but my OAT and GPA could be better and my app should have been submitted earlier to be competitive. At RSO they invite 12 or so people to see the school and interview all at once. You get there around 8, get an overview of the school, do the interviews, and tour the school. My interview didn't go as well as I wanted it to. I didn't feel like it went well at all. Afterwards I knew I could've done better, but it's all good. They have one on one interviews for everyone at the same time. You only have one interview (which I didn't like, I would've preferred at least two). The interview is very simple. I wish they would've asked more questions. The interview felt rushed, and I felt like I didn't have as much time as I wanted to, but that's probably not how everyone felt about their interview though. ; )

Don't let statistics scare you. If optometry is your dream and you're serious about it, pursue it with everything you have. Let everyone know it's not something you're going to give up on. Decide that there won't be a "Plan B." If it is what you're genuinely passionate about, make it happen. And don't forget to believe in yourself :)

Thank you for reply and good luck

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/26/16
Date verified: 8/30/16
OAT Scores: 1st time- 300AA 270 TS.
2nd time 330 AA 320 TS
GPA: 2.85
Extracurricular Activities: Alpha Phi Omega service brother, various volunteering around town. 5 years experience as optometric technician, 6 years laboratory technician and 4 years Optometrist office manager for small private practice.
Schools applied: UIWRSO, AZCOPT, NOVA (suppl on 8/30).
Interviews extended/date: Azcopt 9/2, Nova 9/7
Interviews accepted: Azcopt 9/26, Nova 9/30
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT 9/30 (Attending), NOVA 10/13!!

My GPA suffered severely from medical problems during my undergraduate education. Two spine surgeries and a few metal plates and I've found the field I want to pursue. I have been working for an optometrist since 2011 and have worked my way up to second in command. I also interviewed last May with RSO but unfortunately didn't get in. Retook my OAT due to a low score and it has helped greatly. Good luck to us all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/25/16
Date verified: 9/02/16
OAT Scores: 330 TS / 320 AA
Major: Biology (applying w/o bachelors though)
GPA: 3.71 overall and 3.66 science
Schools applied: PCO & ICO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (9/7), ICO (9/19)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/14), ICO (9/30)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: ICO (10/7), PCO (10/19)

attending ICO!!:soexcited::smuggrin:

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/26/16
Date verified: 8/30/16
OAT Scores: 1st time- 300AA 270 TS.
2nd time 330 AA 320 TS
GPA: 2.85
Extracurricular Activities: Alpha Phi Omega service brother, various volunteering around town. 5 years experience as optometric technician, 6 years laboratory technician and 4 years Optometrist office manager for small private practice.
Schools applied: UIWRSO, AZCOPT, NOVA.
Interviews extended/date: Azcopt 9/2, Nova 9/7
Interviews accepted: Azcopt 9/26, Nova 9/30
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

My gpa suffered severely from medical problems during my undergraduate education. Two spine surgeries and a few metal plates and I've found the field I want to pursue. I have been working for an optometrist since 2011 and have worked my way up to second in command. I also interview last May with uiwrso but unfortunately didn't get in. Retook my OAT due to a low score and it has helped greatly. Good luck to us all!
Congrats on your interviews! When did you submit your supplemental application to NOVA?

It looks like not that many people posting here status of their app or not that many people applying for optometry.
Anyone has applied at UABSO or ST. Louis?

Date OptomCAS submitted: July 6, 2016
Date verified: July 12, 2016
OAT Scores: 380 TS, 360 AA
Major: Applied Math
GPA: 3.89
Schools applied: NOVA, UMSL, PCO, UIWRSO
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (July 20) UMSL (August 11) Salus (August 16) RSO (September 1)
Interviews accepted: NOVA (August 19)
Interviews declined: UMSL, Salus, RSO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
NOVA (August 26)

Pretty sure I'm going to NOVA but might apply to Waterloo.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/16
Date verified: 8/17
OAT Scores: 400 TS/390 AA
Major: Allied Health Sciences
GPA: 3.95
Extracurricular Activities: various clubs, Organic Chemistry Tutor, TA, student supervisor, worked at optometry office for 2.5 years
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, PCO (scholars & traditional)
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (8/18), NECO (8/19), PCO Scholars & traditional (8/24)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (9/26), NECO (11/18)
Interviews declined: PCO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SUNY (9/28)

Last edited:
I applied to RSO, NSUOCO, Midwestern, UMSL, & NOVA. I got interviews at NSUOCO and RSO. My GPA was a 3.2 when I applied and my OAT was still a 300.

Have you received interview invitation from any school?

Hey kiddos! Interviews just started at SUNY! We're looking forward to seeing you guys around the building and good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: Sept. 13th, 2016
Date verified: Sept. 14th, 2016
OAT Scores: 350AA, 380TS
Major: Anatomy & Cell Biology
GPA: 3.61
Schools applied: SCO, NOVA, Indiana, NECO, Alabama, PCO, Ohio, Midwestern, ICO, SUNY (will apply also to: Berkeley)
Interviews extended/date: SCO (Sept 15), NECO (Sept 16), PCO Scholars/Traditional (Sept 19), Indiana (Sept 19), SUNY (Sept 19), NOVA (Sept 22), Arizona (Sept 23), ICO (Oct 4)
Interviews accepted: NECO (Sept 26), NOVA (Sept 30), ICO (Oct 14), SCO (Oct 21) , SUNY (Oct 31)
Interviews declined: PCO, Indiana, Arizona, Ohio, Alabama
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: NECO (Oct 5), NOVA
(with Dean's Scholarship) (Oct 14), ICO (with Scholarship) (Oct 21), SCO, SUNY (Nov 4)

ATTENDING ICO!!!

Last edited:
Have you received interview invitation from any school?
I haven't received any invitations yet. I'm taking my OAT again tomorrow. Some of the schools don't have scores from me yet and others my just be waiting for my new updated scores. I guess I'll just have to wait and see

can you post a sample of you cover letter. did you explain you low gpa in the cover letter?
congrats on the interviews!

Date OptomCAS submitted: Aug 30
Date verified: Sept 1
OAT Scores: AA: 330 TS: 340
Major: Bio
GPA: 3.7
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, SALUS
Interviews extended/date: SUNY Sept 1, NECO Sept 7, Salus Sept 2
Interviews accepted: SUNY, NECO (canceled), Salus (canceled)
Interviews declined: -
Rejections/date: -
Acceptance/date: SUNY *attending

Date OptomCAS submitted: Aug 30
Date verified: Sept 1
OAT Scores: AA: 330 TS: 340
Major: Bio
GPA: 3.7
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, SALUS
Interviews extended/date: SUNY Sept 1, NECO Sept 7, Salus Sept 2
Interviews accepted: SUNY, NECO (canceled), Salus (canceled)
Acceptance/date:
SUNY *attending
what was your SUNY interview like? Congrats btw!

what was your SUNY interview like? Congrats btw!
Hey, nothing like what online has said like the interrogation style. It was 100% a conversation aimed to getting to know you and your experience with optometry.

Hey, nothing like what online has said like the interrogation style. It was 100% a conversation aimed to getting to know you and your experience with optometry.
thanks, that's good to know. any tips?

Hello everyone!! Message me if you have any questions!! Many of you helped me through this process so thank you!!

Date OptomCAS submitted:
July 11
Date verified: July 12th
OAT Scores: AA: 340 TS: 350
Major: Physiology
GPA: 3.55
Schools applied: SUNY, OSU, Salus (scholars), NECO, UHCO
Interviews extended/date: SUNY 08/05, OSU 07/20, NECO 09/07, SALUS (scholars) 08/16, UHCO 08/27
Interviews accepted: SUNY, OSU, NECO (canceled), Salus (canceled), UHCO (canceled)
Acceptance/date:
SUNY, OSU
any reason you decided to cancel your scholars interview? It's a shame there's not too much info on this site about the program

also, how was your SUNY interview?

In addition to the lack of info, I feel as though it's not a program I am interested in anymore.

The SUNY interview was awesome. Easy going, I did sike myself out but they did truly just want to get to know my personality better. Don't worry too much!

Last edited:
In addition to the lack of info, I feel as though it's not a program I am interested in anymore.

The SUNY interview was awesome. Easy going, I did sike myself out but they did truly just want to get to know my personality better. Don't worry too much!
okay thanks! how long after your interview did you hear back?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/10/16
Date verified: 8/11/16
OAT Scores: 320 TS/330 AA
GPA: 3.3
Extracurriculars: I'm the Assistant Residence Director of two buildings on campus, I'm secretary of the National Residence Hall Honorary on my campus, Publicist of our Optometry club, Enlace (Nicaragua service) club, Livingston County CARES Board of Directors (we coordinate service trips across the US), Student Health Advisory Committee
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, Salus, and MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (8/16), NECO (8/19), Salus (8/16)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (9/22), NECO (9/30), Salus (10/10)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I've got my SUNY interview this Thursday and I'm super stressed over it. I don't know what to expect. And I'm also interested in when people heard back from SUNY after their interview! SUNY is my top choice and it means a lot to me that this interview goes well!
I'm also ansty that I haven't heard from MCPHS yet, has this been the case for anyone else?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/10/16
Date verified: 8/11/16
OAT Scores: 320 TS/330 AA
GPA: 3.3
Extracurriculars: I'm the Assistant Residence Director of two buildings on campus, I'm secretary of the National Residence Hall Honorary on my campus, Publicist of our Optometry club, Enlace (Nicaragua service) club, Livingston County CARES Board of Directors (we coordinate service trips across the US), Student Health Advisory Committee
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, Salus, and MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (8/16), NECO (8/19), Salus (8/16)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (9/22), NECO (9/30), Salus (10/10)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I've got my SUNY interview this Thursday and I'm super stressed over it. I don't know what to expect. And I'm also interested in when people heard back from SUNY after their interview! SUNY is my top choice and it means a lot to me that this interview goes well!
I'm also ansty that I haven't heard from MCPHS yet, has this been the case for anyone else?

Don't stress about your interview! I'm sure you'll do great. Seriously! It's obvious with your extracurriculars that you are very interested in helping people and you care about others. For your interview--be yourself and be prepared. Go over interview questions with a friend or an adviser--this really helps. Also, don't be afraid to talk about yourself in a good way. They want to know you're confident in who you are--but be humble. Give a very honest self-assessment :) Display confidence in the course load that you will have in optometry school. Research questions asked by SUNY as well as different schools.
And from what I've seen in the years past, it seems like people hear back within a week or so from SUNY.

Don't stress. Be confident in who you are and what you've done and will do. Good luck! :)

so you heard in an e-mail I'm guessing? I assumed they'd send a letter in the mail, but if you heard the next day that's super fast!
Yup by email! And I agree with the person above! Confidence and displaying your true passion to help others is key.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/22/16
Date verified: 09/06/16
OAT Scores: 330 TS / 330 AA
Major: Biological Sciences
GPA: 3.21
Extracurricular Activities: Working as an optician at a private practice for almost a year, president of my sorority, 200 hours hospital volunteer work, 300 hours volunteering in a research lab, 40 hours shadowing/interning at a group practice
Schools applied: SCCO, Western, PUCO, Midwestern Arizona, Midwestern Chicago
Interviews extended/date: SCCO 9/9 , Western 9/15, PUCO 9/6, Midwestern Arizona 9/15, Midwestern Chicago 9/9
Interviews accepted: SCCO 11/5, Western 10/21, PUCO 10/14, Midwestern Arizona TBA, Midwestern Chicago 10/3
Interviews declined: Midwestern Arizona 10/4
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
Midwestern Chicago 10/4, Western 10/27, SCCO 11/7
*PUCO alternate list 10/20

ATTENDING SCCO NEXT FALL! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/22/16
Date verified: 09/06/16
OAT Scores: 330 TS / 330 AA
Major: Biological Sciences
GPA: 3.21
Extracurricular Activities: Working as an optician at a private practice for almost a year, president of my sorority, 200 hours hospital volunteer work, 300 hours volunteering in a research lab, 40 hours shadowing/interning at a group practice
Schools applied: SCCO, Western, PCO, Midwestern Arizona, Midwestern Chicago
Interviews extended/date: SCCO 9/9 , Western 9/15, PCO 9/6, Midwestern Arizona 9/15, Midwestern Chicago 9/9
Interviews accepted: SCCO 11/5, Western 10/21, PCO 10/14, Midwestern Arizona TBA, Midwestern Chicago 10/3
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I have my PCO interview the same day! See you there :)

Date verified: 7/19/16
OAT Scores: AA 320, TS 320 (Retaken 8/23)
Major: Biology Major, Public Health Concentration, Studio Arts Minor
GPA: 3.18
Extracurricular Activities: Pre-Health Society Secretary, Pre-Optometry Mentor, Vice President of Residential Life, Lots of community work, 300+ hours of optometry internship, 3 sites, one optomologist
Schools applied: PCO, NECO, Western, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: PCO 8/16 , NECO 8/24, Western 9/19
Interviews accepted: PCO 9/6, NECO 9/27
Interviews declined: Western, MCPHS
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO 9/19 NECO 10/5

*Attending PCO

Last edited:
Date verified: 7/19/16
OAT Scores: AA 320, TS 320 (Retaken 8/23)
Major: Biology Major, Public Health Concentration, Studio Arts Minor
GPA: 3.18
Extracurricular Activities: Pre-Health Society Secretary, Pre-Optometry Mentor, Vice President of Residential Life, Lots of community work, 300+ hours of optometry internship, 3 sites, one optomologist
Schools applied: PCO, NECO, Western, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: PCO 8/16 , NECO 8/24, Western 9/19
Interviews accepted: PCO 9/6, NECO 9/27
Interviews declined: Western
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO 9/19
What was your previous OAT score?

For anyone who is looking at everyone else's stats and doesn't feel like posting...please do! It helps everyone else who might have similar stats to get an idea of where they stand in the application process...and the more people share, the more others might be encouraged to post as well. Please share! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: July 6, 2016
Date verified: July 12, 2016
OAT Scores: 380 TS, 360 AA
Major: Applied Math
GPA: 3.89
Schools applied: NOVA, UMSL, PCO, UIWRSO
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (July 20) UMSL (August 11) Salus (August 16) RSO (September 1)
Interviews accepted: NOVA (August 19)
Interviews declined: UMSL, Salus, RSO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
NOVA (August 26)

Pretty sure I'm going to NOVA but might apply to Waterloo.

I got accepted to NOVA as well! paid my deposit! Hope to see you next fall!

Hey guys! When is "too late" to apply? I'm looking to submit everything in the end of October/mid-November. I decided on Optometry this past spring, and I'm currently a senior in undergrad. I became VP of the optometry club on campus and i'm currently shadowing as well. My GPA is ~3.0. Planning to take the OAT next month and am aiming really high. Chances?