Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm glad you had a great day! :) Our first day was today too, it was 10 hours long. I'm exhausted. Got lockers and a t-shirt we have to wear everyday this week.
Well done on your first day! :)

happyrac.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Orientation week next week for us! Meeting almost literally everyone whole going tours. That's one way to meet the rest of the class. Lol

Reactions: 3 users
I got (essentially) my grey glorified trench coat today! Aaaaand I love it. :love:

(Don't quote the picture please!)

*poof*

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did my white coat ceremony today as well! We got a electronic stethoscope as a gift from the school! I feel so grateful and honored.

Reactions: 9 users
So this week the Rec center finally posted their fall schedule for group classes (free for students) and I found a couple that would really fit well with my schedule/ I'm really interested in. So I'm gonna try to officially pencil them in to my week schedule (they kept talking about how important that is this week) It's 2 cardio type classes (kickboxing and Pound) and a stretching/ relaxing type.

Yay wellness! :laugh:

So this week the Rec center finally posted their fall schedule for group classes (free for students) and I found a couple that would really fit well with my schedule/ I'm really interested in. So I'm gonna try to officially pencil them in to my week schedule (they kept talking about how important that is this week) It's 2 cardio type classes (kickboxing and Pound) and a stretching/ relaxing type.

Yay wellness! :laugh:

Jealous!! I wish our group classes were free!!

Jealous!! I wish our group classes were free!!
Well... ours are "free" (aka included in our tuition & fees). But I really like it. Throughout undergrad I was able to take different group classes to see what I liked (kickboxing) vs what I didn't like (yoga & spin class).

Ooooh, how does that work?
It's a regular stethoscope but also has a bluetooth component that connects to an app on your phone. You can hear everything and see the EKG on your phone, as well as save recordings. It's really cool! It's the Eko Core digital stethoscope

Reactions: 1 user
It's a regular stethoscope but also has a bluetooth component that connects to an app on your phone. You can hear everything and see the EKG on your phone, as well as save recordings. It's really cool! It's the Eko Core digital stethoscope
Interesting!!!!

Orientation week next week for us! Meeting almost literally everyone whole going tours. That's one way to meet the rest of the class. Lol

I am literally dying to start! Two more days until iVLE :soexcited: I am even excited for classes (even anatomy-- not sure how long that will last).

I am literally dying to start! Two more days until iVLE :soexcited: I am even excited for classes (even anatomy-- not sure how long that will last).

Yay! If you want a tour, there will be 5 of us giving tours on Tuesday and Wednesday! I won't be at iVLE, but I would bet the two who are putting it on pulled out all the stops! They were getting the t-shirts ready when I left vet med half an hour ago.

Classes start tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Ooooh, how does that work?
I have no idea :laugh:

Oh good someone knows things, I'll hit you up for info :p

We had a buddy social today and I had a classmate look intensely at my name tag and go "wait are you on the student doctor network??"

Me:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 14 users
We had a buddy social today and I had a classmate look intensely at my name tag and go "wait are you on the student doctor network??"

Me:

giphy.gif

Yes!!!!! That's what happens when we don't understand anonymity!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I'd change my username but
A) I have no money
B) I have no idea what I'd change it to
ooops. Someone should've warned me before joining SDN. :laugh:

Now see, I thought about changing my dog's name but

A) He looks like a Finnick
B) He acts like a Finnick

It's extra fun when they're so sure of who you are they don't even ask. They just walk up to you and say "You're so-and-so". Then you briefly wonder in your head whether you can plausibly deny it before awkwardly confirming what they already know. Fun fun.

Reactions: 2 users
Now see, I thought about changing my dog's name but

A) He looks like a Finnick
B) He acts like a Finnick

It's extra fun when they're so sure of who you are they don't even ask. They just walk up to you and say "You're so-and-so". Then you briefly wonder in your head whether you can plausibly deny it before awkwardly confirming what they already know. Fun fun.
Not gonna lie, I swear I met Lupin, but I didn't want to say anything and risk being wrong, so I thought about muttering "Lupin" underneath my breath and seeing if it'd work. It wasn't Lupin though.

Reactions: 5 users
I'd change my username but
A) I have no money
B) I have no idea what I'd change it to
ooops. Someone should've warned me before joining SDN. :laugh:
Did you take your hair pics down from the rave thread (I think it was)? I'd get rid of any evidence now if I were you :p

See, this is why I originally changed my username. It was way too close to my real name. :p

I've been doing this wrong. Crap. I use this user name for almost everything!!

It's only gonna get harder from today but I'm in thorough need of a nap... :sleep:

and a shower. Anatomy is smelly.

Got my parking permit and then promptly wounded my car. :yeahright:

On the bright side, that was the last thing I needed to check off of the school list before orientation.

Is the wound fatal?

It's only gonna get harder from today but I'm in thorough need of a nap... :sleep:

and a shower. Anatomy is smelly.
But smile ... 'cuz you're a happy VM1!

Here's a cat anatomy guide for your first month of vet med school. :cat:

cat anatomy.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Fortunately no, it's not too bad, but it still didn't make day any better.

I'm SO sorry about your car. I saw you leave the parking office. I got my permit right after you!

Also how are everyone's classes going??

We've had almost all of them so far (Phys 1, Phys 2, Histology, Anatomy). An Anatomy lab and I just got out of a Histology lab which just... destroyed the entire class. Very confusing but we'll figure it out (she lies)