Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Join ALL the clubs. Never pack lunch :p Ours were smart and accepted club dues at family day during orientation so my parents paid for several of them. I think dues ranged from $5 to $30. Only joined the few I ended up liking for 2nd year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree too. I joined like eight clubs first year. Have one or two meals/meetings from each and you've made your money back. Second year I narrowed down to things I was more interested in, and third year I was really only in a couple things.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome back, future classmate!! :D
I can't wait to meet you in person!! :D

Edit: also woah, did I miss something? Why are you class of 2021? Were you always, or did something change? (Sorry if this is a sore subject for whatever reason; don't feel like you have to respond by any means- I've just been gone for a while so I feel like I'm out of the loop)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh god I moved/ am still moving today.

Why do I have so many things??? Why is Oklahoma so hot??? :arghh:

I can't wait to meet you in person!! :D

Edit: also woah, did I miss something? Why are you class of 2021? Were you always, or did something change? (Sorry if this is a sore subject for whatever reason; don't feel like you have to respond by any means- I've just been gone for a while so I feel like I'm out of the loop)

Anatomy kicked my butt, so I get to try again. Lol. No longer a sore spot; accepted a while ago with some support. And no point in hiding it! Going to be pretty obvious when I'm at orientation in two weeks. Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all! Just finished my first day of class. Amazingly, I'm not as overwhelmed as I thought I would be with information. I'm sure that will quickly change though. Good luck with moving everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
oh god we have to be out by sunday and there is still so much **** left to pack and haul away. who thought buying an old farmhouse and filling it with stuff was a good idea?

Reactions: 6 users
oh god we have to be out by sunday and there is still so much **** left to pack and haul away. who thought buying an old farmhouse and filling it with stuff was a good idea?

When we moved last month, I was on a first name basis with Goodwill and the landfill attendants. Moving sucks.

Are you at the "throwing crap in random boxes and shoving it all down hoping the tape will keep it all in there" stage yet? That's the absolute best, isn't it?

I'd put the blame on the wife! lol

Accepting those first vet school loans is stressful...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so frustrated guys. I can't order a parking permit online--at least not yet--because I'm apparently listed as an on call employee right now and I'm also still fighting with my doctor to get proof of my first rabies vaccine--waiting to hear back from the university physician's office to find out if the three I do have proof of might be sufficient. Blah.

Watching facebook friends of mine start classes is weird.

I'm so frustrated guys. I can't order a parking permit online--at least not yet--because I'm apparently listed as an on call employee right now and I'm also still fighting with my doctor to get proof of my first rabies vaccine--waiting to hear back from the university physician's office to find out if the three I do have proof of might be sufficient. Blah.

:( I'm sorry Finny!!!

I'm sorry finn. Have internet hugs

200w.gif

Oops sent a pizza instead, hope it's yummy

You getting the student insurance? That will cover rabies if you've got to get it done at school.

And don't sweat too much about that vaccination stuff. I still haven't provided proof of tetanus and nothing has happened to me

You getting the student insurance? That will cover rabies if you've got to get it done at school.

And don't sweat too much about that vaccination stuff. I still haven't provided proof of tetanus and nothing has happened to me

I was planning on getting the insurance waived but either way, I'm not particularly thrilled about the idea of getting extra shots that I don't need.

I was planning on getting the insurance waived but either way, I'm not particularly thrilled about the idea of getting extra shots that I don't need.
You'll be safe from super rabies tho

I got my syllabi today for this semester!

(Including a phys 1 quiz on the first Thursday of class)

IMG_3442.GIF

Good luck to everyone who is starting orientation or classes tomorrow!!

Reactions: 10 users
Orientation is today!!!! I can't believe it!! I'm both excited and nervous at the same time lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
I'm meeting my Big Sib for lunch today! This will be our first time meeting in person though we've communicated a lot through text. She is going to be tutoring anatomy this semester too! (I'm sure I'll be utilizing the anatomy tutoring services so yay)

Reactions: 11 users
Good luck to everyone who is starting orientation or classes tomorrow!!
For some reason we don't start orientation until tomorrow afternoon. So today I'm ordering a pizza and watching as much Netflix as possible. :laugh:

I'm meeting my Big Sib for lunch today! This will be our first time meeting in person though we've communicated a lot through text. She is going to be tutoring anatomy this semester too! (I'm sure I'll be utilizing the anatomy tutoring services so yay)
I feel really bad because my Buddy keeps asking if I have any questions and I have zero questions because of SDN. So we haven't really talked all that much and it makes me sad. I just don't wanna waste her time. :laugh:

I feel really bad because my Buddy keeps asking if I have any questions and I have zero questions because of SDN. So we haven't really talked all that much and it makes me sad. I just don't wanna waste her time. :laugh:
As a friendly ice-breaker, have you asked your Buddy where to find the best take-out pizza in town?

No matter what question you ask her, you won't be wasting her time: that's why she is your Buddy. :)

[Every July 1, we often get asked the "best pizza" question by the new PGY1 interns who are from out of state. So, it might be a decent question, eh?]

As a friendly ice-breaker, have you asked your Buddy where to find the best take-out pizza in town?

No matter what question you ask her, you won't be wasting her time: that's why she is your Buddy. :)

[Every July 1, we often get asked the "best pizza" question by the new PGY1 interns who are from out of state. So, it might be a decent question, eh?]
Good question! My problem is that I went to undergrad at this same school, and now vet school here. So I've lived here for 3 years, starting my 4th, and I've gotten all of the city based questions out of the way. :( But that's a good suggestion!

(Cdo went to undergrad where she's going to vet school so I assume she knows the food decently :()

Good question! My problem is that I went to undergrad at this same school, and now vet school here. So I've lived here for 3 years, starting my 4th, and I've gotten all of the city based questions out of the way. :( But that's a good suggestion!

Honestly, I am just meeting up with my sib just to get to know her better/eat some yummy food. We could have waited until school started but decided not to. She actually lives 40 minutes from the vet school where my BF's family lives (and owns a farm market) so I am planning to stop in and say hi to his parents after. :)

Dr. S - I love the pizza question!

Honestly, I am just meeting up with my sib just to get to know her better/eat some yummy food. We could have waited until school started but decided not to. She actually lives 40 minutes from the vet school where my BF's family lives (and owns a farm market) so I am planning to stop in and say hi to his parents after. :)

Dr. S - I love the pizza question!
I think it's cool that your BF's parents own a farm market - I'll bet their produce is delicious! Yummy!!!

still packing. graduated to the "lets just burn the rest" mindset.

Reactions: 13 users
I miss Main St Noodle. And Red Rock.

I kinna miss Kyoto too, but mostly because the sushi was so cheap! Which is scary to say, but I never had any trouble eating it, so...
Mmmm Red Rock. Haven't made it to Main St Noodle yet, but one day.

Allergic to seafood& shellfish sooo no sushi/ Kyoto for me. Sounds good though!

still packing. graduated to the "lets just burn the rest" mindset.
I think I was even more irritated with the unpacking stage. I frequently opened a box and wondered "why the crap did I bring this with me and not just throw it away?"

First day of orientation in the books! It was a great time meeting new people, getting our ID pics taken, picking out our lockers. Though I am pretty tired and today was only a half day! Looking forward to the rest of the week!

I think it's cool that your BF's parents own a farm market - I'll bet their produce is delicious! Yummy!!!

YES!! It is sooooo good and I love that they value good, local produce! We are a family of foodies for sure. It has completely ruined me to the point that I'm often disappointed when I have to buy produce at our local grocery store. I left with some delicious peaches today. :)

First day of orientation in the books! It was a great time meeting new people, getting our ID pics taken, picking out our lockers. Though I am pretty tired and today was only a half day! Looking forward to the rest of the week!

I'm glad you had a great day! :) Our first day was today too, it was 10 hours long. I'm exhausted. Got lockers and a t-shirt we have to wear everyday this week.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm glad you had a great day! :) Our first day was today too, it was 10 hours long. I'm exhausted. Got lockers and a t-shirt we have to wear everyday this week.
I hope everyone has a laundry machine

YES!! It is sooooo good and I love that they value good, local produce! We are a family of foodies for sure. It has completely ruined me to the point that I'm often disappointed when I have to buy produce at our local grocery store. I left with some delicious peaches today. :)
OMG ... I love peaches!

I'm envious - I'm sure your peaches are super-delicious!